• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2022/23 expectations

Bissouma is more of a DM and will compete with Skipp for that role but is obviously a clear first choice there, Hojberg will compete with Bentancur for the more progressive of the 2 CM roles presumably as this is where he tends to play for Denmark, and really he lacks the positional discipline to be a DM here

Bissouma brings more drive and carrying ability than any of our other CMs IMO

If anyone is unsure whether we are building a squad to really compete, take a look at the bench for the crucial Arse 3-0 match at the end of the season:

Gollini, Rodon, Bergwijn, Moura, White, Scarlett, Devine, Craig.

Last edited:
Around 83 points in the League.
Lose to one of the big teams in the CL knock outs.
Cups are a lottery depending on the draw.

I think the basis is win every home game as a must and then even only winning half of our away games gets us 85.5 points. That means winning 28ish games which is only 6 more than we done last season and given we had a really bad patch last season and lost a lot of games, it is quite doable. I don’t see us keeping up with City or Liverpool though.

I think both Liverpool & City will drop a level from where they have been the past couple of years - up to is to meet them half way

Especially Liverpool this year
Pool & City both transitioning atm but appear to be doing it well and from a position of strength tbf - however always going to be hard to maintain that level. If they drop to 80-85 points that may be all it requires for us to get up with them. Conte will have Kane motivated from the first day of the season, which will be big

I expect us to go for the title.
Realistically, I would expect 3rd and a trophy.
CL is a lottery, AC does not have a great CL record, but if we get a Maddison-type, it will allow us flexibility in shape and given the lottery that competition is, who knows?
Make no mistake, this is a squad being assembled to challenge for the title.

How do we see Chelsea doing with a brand new defence who have not played together and alot of them being new to the league? Kante is getting any younger and their attack is not exactly hitting the heights?

I'd be happy if we got 4th comfortably and attended 1 final, 1 semifinal and 1 quarterfinal.
Think this is pretty realistic .

Think City win it again . The rest from 2-4 are anyones . Pool I think will drop off slightly .
Chelski will be there about .
United will be an unknown , as seen with us a change of manager can work wonders.
The Scum who knows with them . Some of our fans have completely written them off but you can’t in my opinion they’ll be in the top four race I’d think .

How do we see Chelsea doing with a brand new defence who have not played together and alot of them being new to the league? Kante is getting any younger and their attack is not exactly hitting the heights?
I can't see them being any higher than 4th

City have shipped Sterling, Fernandinho, Zinchenko and Jesus. Brought in Haaland and Phillips so far.

Not sure that improves them on last season yet.

I think both Liverpool & City will drop a level from where they have been the past couple of years - up to is to meet them half way
Whether they do or don’t, we weren’t really competing in European football last season (knocked out early and didn’t play full strength teams in many games we did play) whereas they both went deep in the Champions League. For us to be competitive in the Champions League and to make up a load of ground in the league is unlikely….

City have shipped Sterling, Fernandinho, Zinchenko and Jesus. Brought in Haaland and Phillips so far.

Not sure that improves them on last season yet.
Supposed to get that left back from Brighton and rumours say they are going for Saka aswell.

Haaland > Jesus
Philliphs > Old Fernandinho
Brighton Left back > Zinchenko
Saka and Sterling is debatable as I don’t rate either.

I think City will be better than last season, Liverpool will be weaker. I think we can challenge Liverpool for second. It’s obvious, but a good start is essential if we are to do that.

First silverware since the Audi Cup.... big fat tick already.

Suck on that Mou and your GM Vauxhall Conference whatever

FYXUUDkXEAAr9p4

I think City will be better than last season, Liverpool will be weaker. I think we can challenge Liverpool for second. It’s obvious, but a good start is essential if we are to do that.

I think if City don't have Liverpool pushing them then they will naturally not quite be at that same level imo - they also seem to be transitioning a bit in terms of how they are setting up to play (i assume with Haaland they will be tweaking their style?) so i expect to see some patchiness as a result of that too - if we step up a level or two from last season i think we will be in the mix

Back