• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2020 - Pushing up the daisies

He played there to be fair, I just find it a bit much that its been 24/7 on sports channels.

Not taking it away from the tragedy
Well that's my point. I doubt if any other footballer would get close to the amount of coverage Bryant is getting. I guess Beckham is the most recognised and might get plenty of coverage but I doubt anyone else would make much of a ripple.

Bryant was a world star. I'm not a basketball fan but he is one of the few I would have known. I know of no famous cheese rollers however nor indeed am I expert enough on cheese rolling tactics to make a comparison to basketball. Which cheeser (is that the right term?) do you like the most?
None of them. I find it an entirely worthless sport - just like basketball.

PC: Who is it?
NP: It’s Nicholas Parsons
PC: fudge off!
NP: No no, it’s Nicholas Parsons
PC: I know, fudge off. I don’t care if it’s Bob Monkhouse, fudge off!

"Stupidity has a certain charm. Ignorance does not."

Frank Zappa

I cover the NBA. From courtside. It deserves much more credit than you offer it. A seriously tough, physical, competitive game.
Yeah, physical, competitive.

Not very thinky though is it?

I don't follow NBA, but I knew who Bryant was.

I don't think you can level "not very thinky" at any major American sport as all of them have tremendous funding and research put into them at every level, even a cursory glance at a playbook shows how much time is spent on positioning and movement, more than that, critical thinking is drilled into them far more than football for example.

I don't follow NBA, but I knew who Bryant was.

I don't think you can level "not very thinky" at any major American sport as all of them have tremendous funding and research put into them at every level, even a cursory glance at a playbook shows how much time is spent on positioning and movement, more than that, critical thinking is drilled into them far more than football for example.
No sport involving that much scoring would involve a thought process.

Not in terms of numbers, in terms of every possession ending in scoring.

A possession in professional darts that doesn’t result in three figure point scoring is a very rare thing.

As for basketball, it’s a feature of the game, it accentuates great defensive plays, the game is won and lost by when you don’t score, rather than when you do.

I’ve just had a road to Damascus moment.

A possession in professional darts that doesn’t result in three figure point scoring is a very rare thing.

As for basketball, it’s a feature of the game, it accentuates great defensive plays, the game is won and lost by when you don’t score, rather than when you do.

I’ve just had a road to Damascus moment.
Darts is a fudging awful sport for peasants too.

Basketball is just about reacting - it's as far from a thinking man's sport as it can get.

"Stupidity has a certain charm. Ignorance does not."

Frank Zappa

I cover the NBA. From courtside. It deserves much more credit than you offer it. A seriously tough, physical, competitive game.

Great game to play yet more boring that F1, one bunch of freaks run length of court to throw ball in net, miss or score then the other freaks repeat at other end, interrupted by organise foul play, would be a great lose to organised crime.

Back