• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2018...checking out

Well I guess I've only listened to their brick stuff, and I've tried a few times.

If they don't do it for you, particularly if it is Smith's voice that you don't like, it's all going to sound brick.

If you fancied giving them another listen, this would be a good place to start

Weren't The Fall a bit brick, and Mark E Smith a bit of a taco?

Sometimes they were, sometimes he was. At other times they could be just about the best band in the world and he could be all you’d want in the frontman of that band.

You never knew what you were going to get - that was part of the joy of it.

Sometimes they were, sometimes he was. At other times they could be just about the best band in the world and he could be all you’d want in the frontman of that band.

You never knew what you were going to get - that was part of the joy of it.

Their (his) best work is up there with anyone's and they (he) barely put a foot wrong for the first 20 years. Staggering considering the vast amount of material that they released during that period.

I used to know someone who was a tour manager for the Fall back in the 80's. One night Mark E Smith pulled my mate to one side and complained about the PA system. He said that there was something wrong with it. My mate said that he didn't think that there was. Smith was insistent and said that he kept hearing this awful noise. Unable to convince him, my friend suggests that Smith lets him know the next time he hears it. The following night, Smith pulls him to one side and said that he can hear the noise again and my friend replied, "that's the support band".

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]fantastic! That sounds about right!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Ah, cheers, Milo. A great doc; I’ll enjoy watching it again.

Been on constant Fall for a week now. Honestly, what a band.

Back