• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2017 I'm not convinced just yet

If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry' - John Lennon

Now that's a true great gone. To be expected, given his age, but it's the end of an era nonetheless.

RIP Chuck Berry

Sad indeed. Although I am now feeling just a bit guilty as my initial reaction was a bit of surprise as if asked I would have assumed he had already passed.

Sad indeed. Although I am now feeling just a bit guilty as my initial reaction was a bit of surprise as if asked I would have assumed he had already passed.

It's only Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis left of the originals now

RIP Chuck Berry.

Indeed, he was a great act when he was on stage even if he was a bit awkward on occasions. A mate of mine had a concert hall and Chuck was booked to do two nights, on the first night he stopped playing after 30 minutes ( he was booked to do a hour) and just walked off stage into his chauffer driven car at the back and drove off.

You can imagine the fuss created by those who had bought tickets, the next night he did Two hours ( again he was only supposed to do 30 minutes) and was brilliant. From what i have heard since its not the first time promoters have/did suffer the same.

Director Jonathan Demme has died, aged 73. Silence of the Lambs and Philadelphia were the highlights of his career, but he did a lot of documentaries and some music videos as well.

DJ Robert Miles has died, aged 47. Had some hits in the 90s that I can vaguely remember.

Back