• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2015-16 Pre Season

There was a match thread for the MLS All Stars game but no thread for the Real Madrid game ?

There was only one for the MLS game as I had a wave of over excitement :)

Just made one for this game too, I guess they'll be quite a lot of discussion after the match as well.

Lovely strike from Bale, but you cant lose the ball like that when you're under minimal pressure.

Edit: brick keeping by Vorm as well, he was down early enough, weak hands.

Pochettino - "We tried to change the (United) game to Sunday but it was impossible for the Premier League and we said we needed to manage (things) in a different way."

Tell me this isn't a self made shambles.

I mean what even is the commercial gain of playing in the Audi Cup? No one in the UK has the TV station. It's on too early for the US. There is no German market to convert. Its gonad*s.

Pochettino - "We tried to change the (United) game to Sunday but it was impossible for the Premier League and we said we needed to manage (things) in a different way."

Tell me this isn't a self made shambles.

I mean what even is the commercial gain of playing in the Audi Cup? No one in the UK has the TV station. It's on too early for the US. There is no German market to convert. Its *******s.

Just because it would have been better if the United game was on the Sunday instead doesn't make it a shambles.

You see no commercial gain, but do you think just perhaps there could be some footballing gain in playing two very good teams that are themselves closing in on the season starting?

Oh well at least there will be some extra material for the post-Old Trafford defeat moanathon

Last edited:
Just because it would have been better if the United game was on the Sunday instead doesn't make it a shambles.

You see no commercial gain, but do you think just perhaps there could be some footballing gain in playing two very good teams that are themselves closing in on the season starting?

If its such an oppurtunity then why aren't one of the bigger English teams in this tournament? Because it's only a few days before the start of the season.

We all know we weren't the first Premier League team they asked.

It's a perfect game for the other three teams week away from the start of their seasons.

If its such an oppurtunity then why aren't one of the bigger English teams in this tournament? Because it's only a few days before the start of the season.

We all know we weren't the first Premier League team they asked.

It's a perfect game for the other three teams week away from the start of their seasons.

But we aren't one of the biggest teams in England. We sometimes have to compromise. No solution is going to be absolutely perfect.

This solution has advantages and disadvantages, most likely like all the other possible options would have had.

I think its okay for us to be playing these games and be 'on our toes' prior to the season. We should go into Saturdays game shaper from these two games. We won't be fatigued at this stage of the season. But we may be a more geared up.

Oh well at least there will be some extra material for the post-Old Trafford defeat moanathon

i dont understand why you and a few others are trying to be so controlling .....let people moan ffs if thats what they want to do. Would you prefer if they kept their real emotions bottled up?

you dont want people to have a negative opinion about pre season, you dont want anyone to question our lack of forward signings, criticism of Poch tactics is out of order, no-one must utter a single comment against Danny boy Levy etc etc etc.......

I dont see anyone being abusive, no-one is overly aggressive........... i mean i went over to the fighting c0ck site and there you really have to say something bad before a mod comes along and does something about it. People there have a moan, have a b!tch, nothing is thought of it

come on man, chill out, its like i said before, the club, the chairman, the manager, the players really couldnt give a flying fcuk what a bunch of nobodies post, think or say on the interweb

finally, you know very well that even if we go to OT and win, some of us will still find something to moan about ;)

i dont understand why you and a few others are trying to be so controlling .....let people moan ffs if thats what they want to do. Would you prefer if they kept their real emotions bottled up?

you dont want people to have a negative opinion about pre season, you dont want anyone to question our lack of forward signings, criticism of Poch tactics is out of order, no-one must utter a single comment against Danny boy Levy etc etc etc.......

I dont see anyone being abusive, no-one is overly aggressive........... i mean i went over to the fighting c0ck site and there you really have to say something bad before a mod comes along and does something about it. People there have a moan, have a b!tch, nothing is thought of it

come on man, chill out, its like i said before, the club, the chairman, the manager, the players really couldnt give a flying fcuk what a bunch of nobodies post, think or say on the interweb

finally, you know very well that even if we go to OT and win, some of us will still find something to moan about ;)

Indianspur, please do not think that because I'm a mod that when I post I'm doing so as one, I'm a poster first and foremost and my opinions are my own - it's me moaning about the moaners rather than a mod attempting to control discussion... If anything I have had to hold my mouth because I'm a one ;)

Great post!

Mauricio Pochettino has hinted at his frustration over the way Tottenham Hotspur's final pre-season fixtures have been scheduled.

Spurs opted to participate in the Audi Cup, held in Munich, alongside Bayern, Real Madrid and AC Milan this week, with their Premier League opener looming large.

His side succumbed to a 2-0 defeat to Real Madrid on Tuesday and will face AC Milan at 5:15 pm, UK time, tonight in the third place play-off – three days before travelling to Old Trafford to face Louis van Gaal’s men in a 12:45 pm kick-off.

In quotes published by the Daily Mail, Pochettino spoke of his desire to alter the team’s travel plans so they can return to England immediately after the game as opposed to Thursday.

"We want to try and travel after our game," he said. "We need to speak to our people at the club and try to rearrange the flight. It may be better if we arrive on Wednesday in London.”

Whether the Spurs boss gets his wish is yet to be seen, but the club’s choice to compete in the tournament so close to the new season suggests footballing considerations were way down the list of priorities in the decision-making process.

A tough trip to Old Trafford has potentially been made even tougher and Pochettino would be advised to limit the minutes his key men see tonight.

Back