• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2014/15 Lawro the Twunt says ...

QPR v Tottenham (Premier League, 15:00 GMT)

QPR's record in London derbies this year is awful - they have taken just one point from a possible 21 so far - and I do not see them improving it on Saturday.

Tottenham had to get through a difficult match against Swansea on Wednesday after losing the Capital One Cup final last weekend.

They won that one and can move up to sixth place with another three points here, which I think should be enough of an incentive for them.

It will still be very hard for Spurs to make it into the top four, but they should certainly be in the mix for a Champions League spot with 10 games to go.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

George Ford's prediction: 1-3

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday, 16:00 GMT)

This is a very big game for both teams in the race for a top-four spot.

I thought Arsenal out-played Manchester United in their win at Old Trafford in the FA Cup on Monday, and a poor result like that was definitely coming for Louis van Gaal's side.

United had been winning an awful lot of games without playing particularly well and eventually someone is always going to come along and show you up a little bit.

Tottenham look in better shape, after reacting to losing the Capital One Cup final by coming back and winning two on the spin.

A draw probably does not suit either team very much, with Arsenal and Liverpool both winning all the time at the moment, but I see the points being shared.

Lawro's prediction: Manchester United 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2014-15 Premier League Predictions

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Dermot's prediction: I fancy Spurs to win this one. 1-2

And Dermot is a gooner, even so, will never lose the love for him not now he has said 2-1.

Lawro.... TWUNT!!!

Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City

Tottenham just did not turn up at Old Trafford on Sunday, and they were well beaten by Manchester United.

Yes, United played well but I thought Spurs were ordinary.

Maybe the Capital One Cup final and the number of games they have played recently in the Europa League has caught up with them.

Leicester have already won once at White Hart Lane this season, in the FA Cup fourth round, but it is hard to see a repeat of that this weekend.

This might be a scruffy game of football because Leicester's situation at the bottom of the table means they need a win, and they probably won't be too bothered about playing pretty football to try to get it.

The Foxes don't quite need snookers yet but, sticking with the same analogy, they are tucked up behind the black and it will be very difficult for them to get out of trouble from there.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Leicester City

Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur

I cannot believe there has been such a massive fuss over Tottenham striker Harry Kane.

I have got a bit of a bee in my bonnet about this - he has had an outstanding season but people are making him out to be the saviour of English football. I heard on the radio the other day that he was apparently worth £100m. Where has everyone's brains gone?

It will be much, much more difficult for Kane next season. Let's see next May if he is still going to be a world beater - at the moment, it is far too early to get so carried away.

Next season will be a massive test for him because he will be a marked man. Games and players are analysed in huge detail these days and people at other clubs will sit down and work out everything about him - where he runs from, how he runs and when he runs, and how he gets on the ball.

From the way people have been eulogising about him, you would think he is going to be the next Lionel Messi. It's frightening.

Next up for Kane is Turf Moor, and it will be a bit different to his last game, which was in Italy for England.

Tottenham are a good side but this is a tough game for them.

I fancy the Clarets to win and the reason I say that is because I think they will be 'up and at 'em'.

It will be a real east Lancashire welcome. A case of 'have some of this - lots of shoe'.

Lawro's prediction: Burnley 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

What a twunt re the Kane stuff ..

29 goals, top English striker, scores against everyone, but he doesn't get the fuss?

If only Kane played for Liverpool ...
Shows how thick Lawro is. He doesn't understand that we live in an era when so many things get over-hyped and over-fussed and media companies are desperate to get people landing on their websites and reading their tweets. And can is a sensation this season. Next season will of course be different. If only there was a special word that adequately summed up this geezer...

He has done more in half a season than Sterling has done in 2 yet Sterling is worth £50m and £150k a week and no one argues? hmmmm.

Didn't Lawro play for Preston at some point? I'm guessing he's still harbouring some passion for Lancashire and the way their teams get "up and at 'em" as he says, to make up fort heir distinct lack of quality!!!

Having said that, having been at the Burnley game at WHL and watching Sunday, Dyche has got a team that has really impressed me. Not pretty to watch by any means, but he has them set up and drilled extremely well, playing a in such a way that gives them a fighting chance of staying in the top division. Similar to early Stoke almost.
QPR would've done well to take a look at this approach rather than thinking they have the talent to play good football!!

Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa

For a team that was chasing a top-four place, Tottenham were amazingly ordinary in their 0-0 draw at Burnley last weekend.

Spurs just did not seem to understand that they had to scrap for a win, and never looked like getting one.

Things should be different against Villa, though. For a start they are at home and they are also up against their former boss Tim Sherwood.

As a player you always want to put one over your old manager, and I think Tottenham will do that and get back to winning ways.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Aston Villa

Back