• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2014/15 Lawro the Twunt says ...

Raziel

Les Medley
Tottenham, meanwhile, are starting the season with another new manager but I think Mauricio Pochettino will prove a successful appointment.

Spurs are looking at a top-six finish again and I can see Pochettino playing the same type of pressing football he did at Southampton to get it.

Pochettino is very good at the tactical side of the game and he also improved a lot of players that were under him at Southampton.

If he improves what he has got at Tottenham, then they will have a very good season. My only concern for them at the moment is where the goals are going to come from.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Re: 2014/15 the Twunt says ...

Apparently Liverpool have bought well, but people are getting carried away over LVG and United won't make top 4. Both will win 2-0 this weekend though.

It's so easy to predict what score The Twunt will come up with. How many of you clicked in to this thread and really predicted a score other than 1-1?

For what its worth, McNulty's season prediction for us ... http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28742392

TOTTENHAM (Seventh)
Mauricio Pochettino Pochettino became Tottenham's 10th manager since 2001 when he was appointed in May

Here we go again. Another season at Spurs and another new manager. Mauricio Pochettino did an outstanding job at Southampton, advocating a high-intensity, pressing, attacking style.

He will surely benefit from time and patience at Spurs. Chairman Daniel Levy's reputation could not survive another short managerial tenure.

Pochettino inherits a highly talented squad and we can expect some big-name signings before the deadline, as is the Spurs way. He may also want to see if he can get a bit more out of the players who under-achieved after the big Gareth Bale spend last season, such as fellow Argentine Erik Lamela, while hoping Dane Christian Eriksen produces more of the same.

I see them around the top six again but not in the title hunt. As usual, it might be worth a punt on a cup.

Last season: Sixth

West ham v Spurs
The Twunt's prediction.

I find it a little bit strange that West Ham's owners have told manager Sam Allardyce that they want to see more entertaining football this season, because that has put him under pressure already.
Good football or not, Allardyce knows that if he makes a bad start to the season, they will be chasing him out.

After winning promotion in 2012, Allardyce took West Ham to 10th in 2013 and 13th last season
Andy Carroll's latest injury won't help matters but it should not surprise anybody - I think his problem is as fundamental as the top half of his body being too heavy for the bottom half.
What I think West Ham's owners want is for their team to pose a real attacking threat, especially away from home. They want that progression in their third season in the top flight but, for Sam Allardyce, it will be a very difficult thing to provide.
Allardyce is a manager who sets up his team to be strong defensively and a threat from set-pieces. Now he is going to have to almost reinvent himself as a manager, after changing his West Ham team around over the summer. That is going to cause him a lot of problems.
Tottenham, meanwhile, are starting the season with another new manager but I think Mauricio Pochettino will prove a successful appointment.
Spurs are looking at a top-six finish again and I can see Pochettino playing the same type of pressing football he did at Southampton to get it.
Pochettino is very good at the tactical side of the game and he also improved a lot of players that were under him at Southampton.
If he improves what he has got at Tottenham, then they will have a very good season. My only concern for them at the moment is where the goals are going to come from.
Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Tottenham v QPR (13:30 BST)

Harry's back at the Lane! Having QPR boss and former Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp back at his old club adds a bit of a twist to this game, but I cannot see Rangers getting much from their trip across London.

Spurs got over the line last week against West Ham when they won despite not playing particularly well. I fancy them to win this time too, despite having to contend with a Europa League tie in Cyprus on Thursday night.

I thought QPR would beat Hull in their first fixture, but I was wrong. Redknapp is still signing players, or trying to, and clearly he knows he has to improve his squad.
When he manages that, they will be more competitive.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Back