• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2 Games in 2 Days..

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Lots of talk about players not being able to do 2 games in 2 days, but what about the officials, they have to do it too and are not as fit as the players, maybe this had not helped with some of the bad decisions over the long weekend...

Two games in two days did happen back around 1995 time - 26th/27th Dec. It was experiment to see how it would be go. It used to be common in the past, apparently. Especially around Christmas. Anyway, it was a disaster. Our 2nd game was one that sticks in the memory as one of the worst I've ever seen. 0-0 against Crystal Palace and everyone out on their feet. The idea was never revived after that!

Hell i used to referee Sat afternoon, Sunday Morning and Sunday afternoon week in week out, I'm damned sure I didn't make a tenth of the mistakes you see week in week out from the dolts in the EPL.

Two games in two days did happen back around 1995 time - 26th/27th Dec. It was experiment to see how it would be go. It used to be common in the past, apparently. Especially around Christmas. Anyway, it was a disaster. Our 2nd game was one that sticks in the memory as one of the worst I've ever seen. 0-0 against Crystal Palace and everyone out on their feet. The idea was never revived after that!

I remember that Palace game, I was taken to it by my Dad as an Xmas present, I think it was the year before we had Klinsmann so guessing it would have been about 94. Perhaps one of the worst games I remember going to

I don't care for all this "being tired" they are on stupid amounts of money per week and they also train for a lot longer than 90 minutes most days. There is no excuse i was running around all day non stop playing football when i was younger i was not complaining about being tired because i enjoyed playing the game.

I don't care for all this "being tired" they are on stupid amounts of money per week and they also train for a lot longer than 90 minutes most days. There is no excuse i was running around all day non stop playing football when i was younger i was not complaining about being tired because i enjoyed playing the game.

It doesn't matter much if you care for it or not, it's a real part of football and just about all professional sports.

I remember that Palace game, I was taken to it by my Dad as an Xmas present, I think it was the year before we had Klinsmann so guessing it would have been about 94. Perhaps one of the worst games I remember going to

I think it was the year we had Klinsmann. I went to the game the day before at Norwich and I think Klinsmann got the first and then Sheringham late on. That was actually the start of one of the biggest collapses I can remember in the PL. They were about 7th at that point, had been having a good few years before that too and ended up getting relegated.

With all due respect, I don't think mistakes made on the playground due to tiredness are quite as severe in consequence as ones made in the premier league due to tiredness.

I'm sure if we asked them, all of our players could play 7 matches a week, I don't think they'd be collapsing dead at the end of it. However, their performance levels would clearly decrease througout the week.

I think it was the year we had Klinsmann. I went to the game the day before at Norwich and I think Klinsmann got the first and then Sheringham late on. That was actually the start of one of the biggest collapses I can remember in the PL. They were about 7th at that point, had been having a good few years before that too and ended up getting relegated.

You're right the Palace game was with Klinsmann and Sheringham. Just had a quick peek on Statto's website. We also played 2 days running the year before vs Norwich (lost 3-1), and West Ham (won 3-1)

Back