• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I will say yes the goons have been better thab us for over 20 years ie most of my supporting life...However despite being in Europe for all of that time they've still won fewer European trophies than us. Arseanal forever in our European shadow!!!

In all honesty I try not to live my life by judging my self by what other people have done not done it only leads to resentment and bitterness. I judge my life on happiness am I happy is my wife happy if the answer is yes to that then all is good. ( I dont need to worry about the kids because if we are happy they are happy) and I dont let arsenal bother me. I LOVE TOTTENHAM and all its ups and down the idea of watching tottenham makes me happy and that in my opinion whats counts.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

The two comparisons

Our last 20 years
roller.gif

Ar$e
slow-motion-rollercoaster.gif

Well done on your cup win mr gooner troll. The mighty Hull city pushed you all the way but you got there in the end. Especially after that monumental semi final penalty shoot out win over the mighty Wigan fc.

The FA cup. That's the trophy, if you remember, that was way beneath you a few years ago, because you had much bigger fish to fry....

I hear that Wenger will now sign a new contract. Hmmm. So 4th place pergatory for the next five years then. Just enough to scrape through but not quite enough to keep up with the big boys. Let's see how long the smiles last.

I will say yes the goons have been better thab us for over 20 years ie most of my supporting life...However despite being in Europe for all of that time they've still won fewer European trophies than us. Arseanal forever in our European shadow!!!

It gets better, they've actually been in one more final than us yet have a two european trophy deficit.

Arsenal

Champions league
Runners-up: 2006
Europa League
Runners-up: 2000
European Cup Winners' Cup
Winners: 1994
Runners-up: 1980, 1995

Tottenham Hotspur

Europa League
Winners: 1972, 1984
Runners-up: 1974
European Cup Winners' Cup
Winners: 1963

Thing is though that is something could be reduced or taken over quite easily, just at Sevilla and Atletico recently. Without wanting to depress or wind anyone up what I am saying is we seriously need to think about the future and concentrate on winning tophies instead of just feeling sorry for ourselves which we've been guilty of in the past. Wenger said that yesterday's FA Cup win was a platform for success and whilst I couldn't laugh a bit I stop and think 'what platform do we have to build on?'

We're over reliant on other teams for bragging rights, we need to be reliant on ourselves, not Hull City or anyone else. Also, just look at money bags in West London, in the past ten years they've over taken us at the second most successful club in London and now have 5 Euopean trophies. We take our eye off the balllike that again then I fear the same with the goons, something we cannot let happen.

Last edited:
Something would have to go seriously wrong for us to finish lower than 7th and with Everton in Europe and prob without their loan stars of this year id say 6th place is a minimum for us next year.

Id far rather go all out to try and win a cup next year; I'm sure we did so this year and were very unlucky with the fa cup draw.

This top 4 at all costs nonsense is holding us back and contributing towards the demise of our history and traditions. I strongly believe that success breeds success and a cup win, preferably the FA Cup, could be our springboard.

If I was Levy I would tell the next manager that the priority is to win a cup competition whilst finishing in the top 6.

Back