• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

18 points to secure CL?

Little Luka

John Scales
league.jpg

Last 5 season average for 4th spot: 70,8 points.
Average since 95/96: 67,3 points.
Highest ever 4th spot points: 76.

Games left: 13
Points left to play for: 39 points

Points left to hit average of last five seasons (71): 18 points
Points left to hit highest ever score at 4th spot (76): 23 points

Our season average: 2,12
Based on average we end at: 80 points, taking 27 points from now.

27 out fo 39 to play for. Realistic?

Arsenal (A): 3
Man Utd (H): 0
Everton (A): 3
Stoke (H): 3
Chelsea (A): 1
Swansea: (H): 1
Sunderland (A): 0
Norwich (H): 3
Bolton (A): 3
QPR (A): 1
Blackburn (H): 3
Aston Villa (A): 3
Fulham (H): 3

My tip without even trying to hit the prediction: 27 out of 39

2010/11 Man U won with 80 points.
2009/10 Chelsea won with 86 points.
2008/09 Man U won with 90 points.
2007/08 Man U won with 87 points.
2006/07 Man U won with 89 points.

I don't think we will go all the way, but I am sure that both Manchester teams will be very, very stressed as we go into april and get a good run.

We should be able to beat chelsea and qpr and swansea at home is a win game, think we can get something from sunderland as well, sadly i think we will be beat by arsenal sunday.

27 out fo 39 to play for. Realistic?

I don't entirely agree with the results in the specific games, however i can agree that 27/39 is an extremely realistic total.

The way Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are going it might be a new record low for fourth place. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are the odd ones out i think, they have hit a rich vein of form and i think it's much easier for teams to challenge for the spots at the moment. The pressure will all be on The red/blue/racist scum, this may weigh upon them whilst the barcodes might get excited about the prospect of champions league and redouble their efforts.

Last Season:

Arsenal (A): 3
Man Utd (H): 1
Everton (A): 0
Chelsea (A): 0
Swansea: (H): 1 *(West Ham)
Sunderland (A): 3
Norwich (H): 1
Bolton (A): 0
QPR (A): 1
Aston Villa (A): 3

Which would give us 75 points, but I think 80 should definitely be the target. Beat Arse and Man Utd and all kinds of possibilities opens up.

Think about it, we should win all of our remaining home games bar United. If you're being pessimistic, two away wins shouldn't be that hard to come by, that gives us 21 points which means Arsenal and Chelsea have to win at least 10 games just to catch us, I can't see either of them doing that. I still think catching BOTH City and United will be too much for us.

68 points is the most the 5th placed team has ever got in a 38 game season. you'd have to think that total will be more than enough for 4th this season.

chelsea and arsenal are heading for about 65 at the moment.

If 65 is what they need then 4 wins and a draw ought to be enough.
Sticking with the original posters suggestions:

Swansea: (H): 1
Norwich (H): 3

Might as well field the kids in the league and go all out for the FA Cup then! ;)

I def think 71pts will achieve 4th and 75pts should be enough for 3rd.

Its not easy trying to predict results at the back end, our last 8 look decent enough games and 'should' see us home. Although playing the likes of Bolton,Blackburn and QPR in the final weeks while they are still in a dogfight, makes it harder trying to predict how it will pan out.

Its been said many times, but for me the key is remaining unbeaten against Chelsea and Arsenal,?índ I suppose you can through in United there too.
I could live with 3 draws from those 3 games, anything more would be massive

8-3-2 in the remaining games, total of 80 points
is my prediction.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Sunderland all away, and United at home are the toughest left.
Guess I expect two losses and two draws from those, if we manage to win one or two of them then we might actually challenge to the end

8-3-2 in the remaining games, total of 80 points
is my prediction.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Sunderland all away, and United at home are the toughest left.
Guess I expect two losses and two draws from those, if we manage to win one or two of them then we might actually challenge to the end

I have to admit Everton Away will be no walk in the park. We will do well to get 3 pts at Goodison

Defoe: Gallas tells us to target title
February 24, 2012

Tottenham defender William Gallas has told his team-mates to stop thinking about settling for third or fourth in the Premier League and focus only on trying to win the title, according to Jermain Defoe.

Tottenham go into this weekend's north London derby against Arsenal seven points adrift of Emirates Marketing Project atop the table, but 10 points clear of their arch-rivals and Chelsea in the race for fourth.

Spurs have been written off for the title in many quarters of the press, but Gallas - who won the league twice while at Chelsea - has been doing his best to convince his team-mates that they still have the quality to pull off a remarkable comeback.

Striker Defoe revealed the Frenchman has drawn similarities between Harry Redknapp's squad at White Hart Lane and the successful team Jose Mourinho built at Stamford Bridge, and has tried to convince the players to adopt the same mentality.

"When Gallas was at Chelsea under Jose Mourinho, they were unbelievable," Defoe told The Mirror. "They didn't lose a game at home because they had that rock-solid belief.

"He passes that all on to us and tells us to stop settling for fourth place and qualifying for the Champions League, like we did two years ago.

"He tells us to think, first and foremost, about finishing top. Hopefully the top two will slip up. You never know what will happen between now and the end of the season.

"The other day, I was having a conversation with him and he was saying that he doesn't understand anyone within the squad who thinks we can finish fourth or even third.

"If you look at the players we have got, the way we play and where we are in the league now, why can't we win it?"

Spurs can go a long way to securing Champions League football for next season with a win over Arsenal at the weekend, but Defoe and Gallas are now viewing it as another three points to re-ignite their title push.

"William has been there and he has done it," he added. "He told me about his time at Chelsea, where he and the other players had that arrogance in that, whoever they played against, they believed they could win.

"And he keeps saying that we need to really believe we can actually win it. Forget about finishing fourth."

-------------------------------------

This is why we need more experienced players with winning mentality like Gallas. I will be very disappointed if we don't finish atleast in 3rd place.

Last edited:
February 24, 2012

Tottenham defender William Gallas has told his team-mates to stop thinking about settling for third or fourth in the Premier League and focus only on trying to win the title, according to Jermain Defoe.

Tottenham go into this weekend's north London derby against Arsenal seven points adrift of Emirates Marketing Project atop the table, but 10 points clear of their arch-rivals and Chelsea in the race for fourth.

Spurs have been written off for the title in many quarters of the press, but Gallas - who won the league twice while at Chelsea - has been doing his best to convince his team-mates that they still have the quality to pull off a remarkable comeback.

Striker Defoe revealed the Frenchman has drawn similarities between Harry Redknapp's squad at White Hart Lane and the successful team Jose Mourinho built at Stamford Bridge, and has tried to convince the players to adopt the same mentality.

"When Gallas was at Chelsea under Jose Mourinho, they were unbelievable," Defoe told The Mirror. "They didn't lose a game at home because they had that rock-solid belief.

"He passes that all on to us and tells us to stop settling for fourth place and qualifying for the Champions League, like we did two years ago.

"He tells us to think, first and foremost, about finishing top. Hopefully the top two will slip up. You never know what will happen between now and the end of the season.

"The other day, I was having a conversation with him and he was saying that he doesn't understand anyone within the squad who thinks we can finish fourth or even third.

"If you look at the players we have got, the way we play and where we are in the league now, why can't we win it?"

Spurs can go a long way to securing Champions League football for next season with a win over Arsenal at the weekend, but Defoe and Gallas are now viewing it as another three points to re-ignite their title push.

"William has been there and he has done it," he added. "He told me about his time at Chelsea, where he and the other players had that arrogance in that, whoever they played against, they believed they could win.

"And he keeps saying that we need to really believe we can actually win it. Forget about finishing fourth."

This is why we need more experienced players with winning mentality like Gallas. I will be very disappointed if we don't finish atleast in 3rd place.

IMO - this has been one of the things that Harry has changed most about our squad. Under previous managers, the players would aim to finish 4th. By doing that they would be hoping to finish above one of four teams that were aiming to finish 1st. Never going to happen. Also I seem to remember Harry saying something like our squad were a quiet, shy bunch. So what he's done is bring in experienced players with big personalities like Gallas, Parker, Van Der Vaart and Adebayor who have turned our squad into one that will scrap for every point.

February 24, 2012

“It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high... so high, in fact, that even failure will have in it an echo of glory!”

I wonder how many of our players know that quote by heart. They should paint that on the wall on the way out of the dressing rooms at the new training ground if it's not there already.

IMO - this has been one of the things that Harry has changed most about our squad. Under previous managers, the players would aim to finish 4th. By doing that they would be hoping to finish above one of four teams that were aiming to finish 1st. Never going to happen. Also I seem to remember Harry saying something like our squad were a quiet, shy bunch. So what he's done is bring in experienced players with big personalities like Gallas, Parker, Van Der Vaart and Adebayor who have turned our squad into one that will scrap for every point.

To be fair, the main thing Harry has done is assemble a better side. Even at our best under Jol we were never even close to challenging for the title and any player saying that we were would have been laughed at I think.

Beinng an optimist for once with Spurs, the first two games excluded, I honestly do not see a team there that should cause us problems provided we are playing at the top of out game.

Imo, Manchester should be casting their gaze this way and thinking "Oh brick!" Even more so if we can grab a point or three from Utd.

Oh it's there African, hence the "provided" - I have watched for too many seasons and seen us perform woefully in too many situations to think that we have a right to beat anyone (Stevenage for example)

But, IF we play our way and IF it's the top of our game then maybe, just maybe my initial hope will be born out.

Back