• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

11th Richest Club

I'm sure Levy is debating whether to increase ticket prices with the new stadium.

even higher than they are now? I'm pretty sure we're second highest in the land when it comes to the price of a season ticket. I was rather hoping he'd consider lowering them, actually. Lower prices attract more people, and would help generate a more intense atmosphere.

even higher than they are now? I'm pretty sure we're second highest in the land when it comes to the price of a season ticket. I was rather hoping he'd consider lowering them, actually. Lower prices attract more people, and would help generate a more intense atmosphere.

With the current season ticket waiting list (if it is as bad as they say), is there a need to attract more people?

I think it will stay at the same price when the new stadium comes in, then you'll look at the incomes at the end of the first season to see how it is working out.

Surely the atmosphere would be intense if it was full, if it will be full at current prices then i see no need for levy to decrease them.

With the current season ticket waiting list (if it is as bad as they say), is there a need to attract more people?

I think it will stay at the same price when the new stadium comes in, then you'll look at the incomes at the end of the first season to see how it is working out.

Surely the atmosphere would be intense if it was full, if it will be full at current prices then i see no need for levy to decrease them.

True, but allow me to elaborate on my point. A lot of people who are ardent Spurs supporters are getting priced out of tickets atm. Due to the fact that they're just starting out and don't have the money to blow on a season ticket,or a bunch of regular tickets, a large proportion of said people are most likely young, in their twenties. That's the next generation of Spurs supporters right there. At the moment, our fanbase (and most other fanbases in the top-flight, by the way: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/dav.../aug/16/premier-league-football-ticket-prices) is ageing. The average age of our fans is forty three, which is not a healthy age, support-base wise, since it's comprised mainly of the people who were around when pricing was affordable.Now younger supporters are, on average, more energetic and vocal than their older counterparts, because for one they have yet to establish themselves as regular supporters and thus feel a need to make themselves heard, and because secondly that's just how youth works. So, by reducing ticket prices (if only for a while) we can allow in the next generation of Spurs fans and generate revenue streams which will then stay with us(due to the intractable nature of football support) for as long as the people in question remain able to attend a match or buy some gear. And, by letting in newer fans, who will likely be younger and thus (on average) more energetic and vocal than the older supporters, we can maximise our atmosphere.That's why I'd like to see ticket prices reduced.

Plus we'd earn some goodwill by lowering prices upon the completion of the stadium, both in the community and in the media. 'Soft' benefits like that can weigh very heavily in the long-term.

Back