• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

11 players up for sale

Townsend - Keep, will be our star player.

Lennon - Get rid.

Chadli - Get rid

Dawson - Get rid, hes ****.

Ekotto - Get rid

Naughton - Get rid

Chiriches - Lets see what hes worth first.

Soldado - Keep, will score goals this season.

Sandro - Keep. Beast.

Capoue - Keep, can do a good job.

Dembele - Keep and start him with Sandro.

I think the article should have said 3 or 4 players for sale from a possible 10. I'm sure we would like to trim the squad but as virtually everyone knows this and these guys aren't going to any big spenders we will probably have to wait until dead line day again!!!!!!

Townsend - Keep, will be our star player.

Lennon - Get rid.

Chadli - Get rid

Dawson - Get rid, hes ****.

Ekotto - Get rid

Naughton - Get rid

Chiriches - Lets see what hes worth first.

Soldado - Keep, will score goals this season.

Sandro - Keep. Beast.

Capoue - Keep, can do a good job.

Dembele - Keep and start him with Sandro.

I'd keep Lennon, definitely keep Chiriches, and probably let go of Dembele, all things considered. Lennon because of his work rate and defensive ability on the right covering for Walker (useful to have as an option), and Chiriches because the lad needs another chance. I'd let Dembele go because we need to make some space, but it's a shame, because if we weren't so stocked with midfielders I'd genuinely like to keep him around: however, he is the weak link in a group consisting of Paulinho, Sandro, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Capoue, Holtby and himself.

No way we will get rid of those 11 players

Poor sports reporting shocker from british media ..

The way I would look at it is simple

Does the squad need trimming - yes
Do we have players we won't sell - yes, e.g. Lloris, Eriksen
Do we have players we are actively looking to move on - yes, e.g. BAE, Dawson
Do we have a few youngsters we need to get loan time for - yes

Most of the rest of the squad falls into - not really selling, but willing to listen for stupid offers if we have line of sight to replacement.

To me - Dawson, Chadli, Dembele, Paulinho, BAE are all likely outs, with the Dembele/Paulinho choice probably being one out of the two, not both.

No way we will get rid of those 11 players

Poor sports reporting shocker from british media ..

The way I would look at it is simple

Does the squad need trimming - yes
Do we have players we won't sell - yes, e.g. Lloris, Eriksen
Do we have players we are actively looking to move on - yes, e.g. BAE, Dawson
Do we have a few youngsters we need to get loan time for - yes

Most of the rest of the squad falls into - not really selling, but willing to listen for stupid offers if we have line of sight to replacement.

To me - Dawson, Chadli, Dembele, Paulinho, BAE are all likely outs, with the Dembele/Paulinho choice probably being one out of the two, not both.

Lloris, Eriksen, Verts (if he signs a new contract), Lamela, Walker and Bentaleb: these are our 'unsellables', for differing reasons. The rest of it I agree with.

Are you going for the "if I say it enough then it will happen" thinking with us selling Dembele? :lol:

Pretty much.

Though I still think his laborious play and dodgy hip are completely at odds with Poch's philosophy.

I also think his past relationship with Koeman makes him the obvious makeweight in any deal for Schneiderlin.

Read somewhere yesterday about QPR offering Remy as part of a deal for Townsend. :-k

I think Redknapp wants it, but hopefully we'll have more sense.

Remy would be a very Redknapp-esque signing actually - a journeyman with injury and attitude problems who he can buy cheap and hopefully eek something out of.

How do agents get word who's for sale , transfer listed, or put in a transfer request? Is there a linkedin for footballers, jobsdb.com, or is it still done in clandestine fashion with agents, chairmen, and the contacts on their smartphone ?

How do agents get word who's for sale , transfer listed, or put in a transfer request? Is there a linkedin for footballers, jobsdb.com, or is it still done in clandestine fashion with agents, chairmen, and the contacts on their smartphone ?

Based on what I've read it's still pretty much legwork (or phone work). Sometimes agents/players/clubs obviously use the press to spread the word.

Apparently a lot of transfers still materialize because a player's agent has connections with the buying club and that agent might be the one initiating the move rather than the club looking for the best possible signing for them.

It is pretty much your latter description. A good (depending on which side of the fence you are sitting on) agent will constantly be talking to clubs about their clients (both the club that their client is currently employed by and other potential clubs for the client). There are also a few let's call them 'super agents' who have good connections across the globe. If a club is looking for a specific player, or even a specific type of player, then they will often go to one of the 'super agents' who will use their network to put forward potential deals that could be done. This is why having somebody like Baldini is so key, as he maintains the network and relationship with all from the 'super agents' down.

Players that shouldn't be sold - Lennon, Chiriches, Sandro, Capoue, Dembele

Townsend - 15m
Soldado - 12m
Dawson - 8m
Assou-Ekotto - 3m
Naughton - 6m
Chadli - 8m

Roughly 52m give or take a few mill.

So if you had your way you wound sell Naughton, fine but who would be playing right back with Walker injured

£8m for Dawson? Yeah right, not remotely worth that with a year left on his contract

Sell Townsend? Thank goodness you are not making the decisions

Robbie will be staying as well I hope

Last edited:
Any chance that absent players from the west ham game yesterday a sign that they would be sold?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Fapatalk

Any chance that absent players from the west ham game yesterday a sign that they would be sold?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Fapatalk

Not really. A lot of the absent players had knocks were injured, or were late returnees from the World Cup.

Not worth trying to decipher.

So if you had your way you wound sell Naughton, fine but who would be playing right back with Walker injured

£8m for Dawson? Yeah right, not remotely worth that with a year left on his contract

Sell Townsend? Thank goodness you are not making the decisions

Robbie will be staying as well I hope

I guess yesterday answered that question...

Timmeh getting the Palace job as is heavily rumoured could help us

I don't think we'd want to loan them any promising players (better to send them places where they'll be well coached), but it could be a chance to flog the likes of Fryers, Mason and maybe Kaboul

Back