• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

11 players up for sale

Lennon, Townsend and Soldado won't be going anywhere. I think that it's doubtful that we will sell Sandro but we'll see. As for the others, possible but almost seems like someone has just looked at our squad and selected those players which haven't, in the article writer's mind, been prominent during pre-season, or are on the fringes of the squad.

I personally feel that Chiriches is a certainty to stay too. I just have this feeling that he will prove himself with us, I could be totally wrong though.

That's speculative tosh. It smacks of someone desperate to put an article together to earn his paycheck and that's the rubbish he came up with.

Players that shouldn't be sold - Lennon, Chiriches, Sandro, Capoue, Dembele

Townsend - 15m
Soldado - 12m
Dawson - 8m
Assou-Ekotto - 3m
Naughton - 6m
Chadli - 8m

Roughly 52m give or take a few mill.

Last edited:
i would strongly dispute a couple of those players…Lennon for example. Not going anywhere IMO.

Yep we need him for his home grown status sadly. He is on easy street now just turning up for work at the training ground and going through the motions till the last year of his contract where he will work harder to get a last pay day at Stoke or somewhere.

Shows how clueless out board are when it comes to football matters when paulinho isn't on that list let alone top of it with any offer will do. Some good players there that I'll be sad to see go

That's speculative tosh. It smacks of someone desperate to put an article together to earn his paycheck and that's the rubbish he came up with.

From what I can tell it's basically a "round up so far" of the rumours that have been floating around this summer. Gutter Boy's speculation about algorithms writing transfer stories gets more plausible with each passing week.

Townsend: Possibly true, given that he is one of those whom we have had interest in. The only thing is, he is one of our home grown players and still has time to develop into a good player imo.
Lennon: Not a chance of this being true. He seems to be working really well in Poch's system.
Soldado: Likely true. There are still suitors in Spain and Italy and with Bony seemingly available for the right price.
Dawson: Likely true. From what we know he doesn't want to leave.
Assou-Ekotto: Likely true. Doesn't look to be in Poch's plans.
Naughton: Not true. If Walker was 100% I'd believe it, but he's injured and Naughton looks capable.
Chiriches: Possible. He had good and bad moments last year, but Poch wants Musacchio and if that means we have to shed a couple of defenders then Chiriches may be let go.
Sandro: Likely true. Hasn't looked convincing for a while imo and has fans in Italy (apparently).
Capoue: Highly doubt it. We will need at least one defensive midfielder even if we do get Schneiderlin so if Sandro goes he stays.
Chadli: Possible. We've yet to see him in this system, he could well fit right in.
Dembele: Likely true. Can't see where he fits in this system although personally if I had to choose I'd lose Paulinho before Dembele.

The journo has probably got a source who has told him that Poch wants rid of 10 players but not which ones. This is likely his best guess of who we would be willing to sell, based on nothing more than previous transfer links and guesswork. It's not exactly a bad guess though, half of this board have wanted most of those players shifted this window.

Shows how clueless out board are when it comes to football matters when paulinho isn't on that list let alone top of it with any offer will do. Some good players there that I'll be sad to see go

I can only assume you mean message board.

Whilst I don't for a minute think all these players are 'for sale', not many if any surprise me if they are on a list of players who would be sold if a half-decent offer came in for them.
I can't see us selling Sandro AND Capoue - but one will go IF we can get Schneiderlin.
Likewise, I can see one of Lennon or Townsend going if we sign someone like Depay.
I suspect Dembele doesn't fit Poch's quicker moving style, which is a pity because as squad players go I think he's quality.
Of Dawson and Chirches I hope it's the former that goes - and only if we sign a replacement.

Whilst I don't for a minute think all these players are 'for sale', not many if any surprise me if they are on a list of players who would be sold if a half-decent offer came in for them.
I can't see us selling Sandro AND Capoue - but one will go IF we can get Schneiderlin.
Likewise, I can see one of Lennon or Townsend going if we sign someone like Depay.
I suspect Dembele doesn't fit Poch's quicker moving style, which is a pity because as squad players go I think he's quality.
Of Dawson and Chirches I hope it's the former that goes - and only if we sign a replacement.

I think there might be 11 players for sale, but it's not very interesting to name the likes of Obika, Mason and Khumalo

I would say:

Townsend - not till we can get Rodriguez in January
Lennon - no
Soldado - no - we won't be able to buy another elite striker now
Dawson - probably - but Kaboul more likely
Ekotto - definitely
Naughton - not till we get Yedlin in January and Walker is fit
Chiriches - no - our best CB last term
Sandro - no - looks properly fit again now
Capoue - no - our outstanding midfielder under Poch so far
Chadli - no - our only LWF
Dembele - possibly - hard to tell if he's injured, not fancied or just the late pre-season; the obvious player Schneiderlin would replace

I think there might be 11 players for sale, but it's not very interesting to name the likes of Obika, Mason and Khumalo

I would say:

Townsend - not till we can get Rodriguez in January
Lennon - no
Soldado - no - we won't be able to buy another elite striker now
Dawson - probably - but Kaboul more likely
Ekotto - definitely
Naughton - not till we get Yedlin in January and Walker is fit
Chiriches - no - our best CB last term
Sandro - no - looks properly fit again now
Capoue - no - our outstanding midfielder under Poch so far
Chadli - no - our only LWF
Dembele - possibly - hard to tell if he's injured, not fancied or just the late pre-season; the obvious player Schneiderlin would replace

I will have to disagree on Chiriches, he plays with WAY to much risk for a central defender and on top he is not good enough in the air for the Premier League,
West Ham took the fullest of this last year, (long ball in Chiriches side and he would Lose 10 out of 10 in the air)
For me I say sell him to Italy or Spain and get a new more suited defender in, I would have no problem in that. (might be proven wrong but so be it)

The last 8 players can be replaced in Poch system I feel, not convinced by Capoue as some others, his first touch is too sloppy and passing a bit risky for a DM.
Some good games in US don't cut it for me, but hope I am wrong and he has a blinder this season.

" Up for sale "

Possibly most of the deals will be ended up with a LOAN.

Yep:
Fredericks, Fryers, Veljkovic, Carroll and Ceballos - loaned
BAE, Khumalo, Mason, Obika, Kaboul and Dembele - sold

and that's the squad down to 24 (4 of whom are underage).

Add in MM and MS and we are properly sorted.

5 young players loaned, 4 squad players disposed of, and 2 decent but injury-plagued players upgraded on.

So you're assuming that the article accurately reflects the boards thinking?!?!? Its a garbage article with little fact, or certainly new facts, in it. Its not exactly new news that we want to flog people like Dawson, Naughton and BAE whilst its not hard to believe that if we got a sensible offer for players like Capoue or Dembele then we might be persuaded to sell

I would say:

Townsend - not till we can get Rodriguez in January. Agreed.

Lennon - no. Agreed - has looked like he fits the system well in the pre-season and we know that he has the sort of workrate that Pochettino likes.

Soldado - no - we won't be able to buy another elite striker now. Disagree. I think if we can somehow get anything close to about £16M for him then we'll let him go. Remy/Bony would offer alternatives for less/similar money. Both would be prepared to sign for us I'm sure.

Dawson - probably - but Kaboul more likely. Agreed - although it seems as though both are refusing moves. Perhaps a message telling either/or that they won't be getting a squad place would concentrate the mind?

Ekotto - definitely. Agreed

Naughton - not till we get Yedlin in January and Walker is fit. Agreed

Chiriches - no - our best CB last term. Disagree. I think the club would sell for the right offer, especially if we sign Mussachio however the problem is likely to be that there isn't anyone out there who would give us our money back for him. We therefore might be stuck with Chiriches by default (which I am happy with if we sell both Dawson and Kaboul

Sandro - no - looks properly fit again now. Disagree - I think the club would sell for the right offer if they can get Schneiderlin

Capoue - no - our outstanding midfielder under Poch so far. I agree that he isn't likely to be sold, but I think that would change if we can bring in Schneiderlin AND then decide to retain Sandro.

Chadli - no - our only LWF. I probably agree 'for now'.... but if we were to sign a player such as Depay then I think with us already having Ericksen, Lennon, Lamela and Townsend on the books then Chadli could be the one making way.

I am mostly with you..... I think it's pretty clear it's just the late pre-season seeing as how we're also yet to see most of the other WC players.

Yep:
Fredericks, Fryers, Veljkovic, Carroll and Ceballos - loaned
BAE, Khumalo, Mason, Obika, Kaboul and Dembele - sold

and that's the squad down to 24 (4 of whom are underage).

Add in MM and MS and we are properly sorted.

5 young players loaned, 4 squad players disposed of, and 2 decent but injury-plagued players upgraded on.

Are you going for the "if I say it enough then it will happen" thinking with us selling Dembele? :lol:

Back