• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

Moyes only real success came in a job where he was stable, secure, had time to do it, control over the club and relatively low expectation.

West Ham is literally the opposite of that!

I do agree he needs to take over a smaller club, with lower expectations where he can rebuild his reputation. I dont think he really has that in him, to be honest, but thats the opportunity he needs - it just isnt West Ham. Somewhere like Stoke if they sack Hughes would be perfect IMO. Or WBA if they sack Pulis.

I never liked Everton when Moyes was in charge, his ugly grind out a result was the template we see adopted by most teams who play us at Wembley. He will have better attacking players at West Ham than he did with Everton and if he can sort out the defence he has a good chance of keeping them up. The problem is the people at the top, thier influence on the club has been rotting away at the core, do the players back the manager knowing the people in charge will drop him when things go wrong? The club always had a family feel to it and that now seems to be gone, I think it's very sad.

To adapt a quote on the BBC website, with apologies to Stewart Lee for stealing his idea:

West Ham joint chairman David Sullivan said he doesn't know anything about coaching, tactics, formations, sports science, management science, modern training methods, technical or tactical drilling, team management, game management, sports psychology, physiology, biomechanics, performance analysis, fitness, injury prevention, sports nutrition, talent scouting, media management or football in general

...but he thinks

...the 54-year-old Scot is "the right man to turn things around".

Last edited:
This user comment over at the Beep made me chuckle...

You can just imagine the interview with Gold and Sullivan.

'So Mr Moyes, why do you think you are a good match for West Ham?'

'I've got the same first name as you two!'

'Ok, when can you start?'

in context, he’d done well at everton and warranted a go at a bigger club, if he’d improved us by the same level he did everton...

I could see why he was linked but I was desperate for AVB

DN-MrNpW0AAT5Vx.jpg

in context, he’d done well at everton and warranted a go at a bigger club, if he’d improved us by the same level he did everton...

I could see why he was linked but I was desperate for AVB

My argument at the time was that he had peaked. Proven his limitations.

After 10 years at a club, he could (should?) have built them into better than they were.

Ultimately he just made them better at what they were doing when he joined. Hard to beat/attritional football, with a lot of added sly moves to unsettle the opponents.

I also thought he was deeply flawed in the transfer market. He seemed to do some great business when on a budget, but whenever it came to spending (relative) big bucks he got it badly wrong IMO.

At the time he left Everton he was what he was, that was it. That was what you were going to get.

I was impressed when he went to Sociedad, I thought perhaps he would prove me wrong and learn on the continent. Instead I cant help feeling he just proved me right.

Back