• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another shooting in Murica

Agree with both of you, but as Gutter Boy said, there are already 300 million of them in circulation, and millions of people with a real determination to hang on to theirs. Which is why this guy, who was not legally allowed to buy a gun, had a load of them anyway.

The good/bad thing with mechanical things is they last. If guns had more electronic components, you could send a big wave or write a virus to put them all beyond use.

These sad events are now common place.
I really care little anymore as I feel the country and it’s people don’t!

Its a lot easier to commit mass murder with a gun than a knife - you are not stopping them but you are restricting their impact. For the School shootings etc I would like to think a couple of teachers would stop a kid with a machete than a semi automatic.
It's probably easier with a truck than with a gun.

Easier still with some kind of homemade explosive, probably.

It's probably easier with a truck than with a gun.

Easier still with some kind of homemade explosive, probably.

Depends on the situation, you won't get a truck do what the guy in Vegas did for example.

You are right though, if you are a crazy person who just wants to kill some random people, getting in a van and driving it at people is an easy way to do it -- unfortunately, this isn't just theory, we know this from recent events.

America has quite a difficult problem to solve with its gun culture. Just see on the BBC, this guy had 3 guns in his possession -- apparently he had a row with the mother-in-law and then decided to go and shoot some people. And that is with a federal law that prevents him from legally buying a gun.

I don't envy the sane law-makers that they do have. There's not an insignificant number of cranks who are heavily armed and have been waiting for the next civil war. Good luck confiscating their weapons without absolute carnage.

Could say it's easier for them.

Any way just because some of the nutters would use other methods it doesn't mean you shouldn't stop this one.
I agree. But if you want to stop nutters, taking their weapons away isn't the answer.

It would be far more effective to identify/care for/medicate the nutters so there's nobody to use the weapons.

I agree. But if you want to stop nutters, taking their weapons away isn't the answer.

It would be far more effective to identify/care for/medicate the nutters so there's nobody to use the weapons.
They won't even look after people with physical issues ones they can see don't hold out much luck with mental issues.

They're going to shoot themselves to death in a civil war. Combination of all things wrong with that country can't be without repercussions. Racial unease, poorly distributed wealth, an idiot in charge and approximately a gun per person.

I don't envy the sane law-makers that they do have.

it is not about sanity. No sane person would deny that American gun laws need reform.

The issue is that NRA will fund a candidate to run against any politician who suggests gun control. If you want power in America, you don't want gun control. It is a disgusting, fudged-up society.

If the Americans won't change their gun laws when a man walks into a primary school and murders little kids at Sandy Hook, they are never going to.

All Americans are responsible for this. Every one of them. As discussed before if they wanted change they could do it. But in the end they don't. They like it how it is.

it is not about sanity. No sane person would deny that American gun laws need reform.

The issue is that NRA will fund a candidate to run against any politician who suggests gun control. If you want power in America, you don't want gun control. It is a disgusting, fudged-up society.

If the Americans won't change their gun laws when a man walks into a primary school and murders little kids at Sandy Hook, they are never going to.

All Americans are responsible for this. Every one of them. As discussed before if they wanted change they could do it. But in the end they don't. They like it how it is.

What they really need is money out of politics. There's only one politician calling for that though. Probably no coincidence that he polls as the most popular politician in America right now too.

They're going to shoot themselves to death in a civil war. Combination of all things wrong with that country can't be without repercussions. Racial unease, poorly distributed wealth, an idiot in charge and approximately a gun per person.

Spot on
And there are nukes floating around?

the US / States Govt have shown they don't mind using un-proportional force against their own population and have already militarised many of their police forces. Do not see any lasting civil war due to this.

the US / States Govt have shown they don't mind using un-proportional force against their own population and have already militarised many of their police forces. Do not see any lasting civil war due to this.

Yeah right because using unproportionate force on the Syrian population kept that civil war down to a few days.

I agree with that. In the event of an uprising by the gun-nuts, they would not win, it wouldn't last long -- but there would be carnage.

I like a lot of things about America, but it is a strange place.

Back