• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Some Spanish team apparently**

I can see it now. He runs half the length of the pitch, tries to push it into the path of Aurier's overlap, it bounces off the defender and back to his feet. In just 3 seconds of lightning sharp thinking, Sissoko instead goes to cross the ball, kicks it against his own shin, falls over the ball and heads it into the top corner.

Spurs Legend

I can see it now. He runs half the length of the pitch, tries to push it into the path of Aurier's overlap, it bounces off the defender and back to his feet. In just 3 seconds of lightning sharp thinking, Sissoko instead goes to cross the ball, kicks it against his own shin, falls over the ball and heads it into the top corner.

There are not many things that move me now that the blissful, naive optimism of my youth has all but been enveloped by the hardened cynicism that comes with age, but this brought a tear to my eye.

...and then immortalised by Richard Swarbrick

I predict our back 4 will become a shambles on the day and we will go 4-0 down by half time, with our keeper getting sent off very early and then for a young and upcoming player to come and score a hattrick in the second half to bring the score back to 4-3.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...h-newspaper-claims-club-hated-jewish-origins/

16 October 2017 • 12:37pm

Tottenham have condemned one of Spain's leading newspapers after it claimed the club is "hated" for its Jewish origins.

As part of its preview to the Champions League match between Spurs and Real Madrid on Tuesday, Marca included a guide to the north-London club.

Spurs are described as a club that is "hated" but "with good footballing style."

The newspaper says: "Their Jewish heritage has historically made them into a club disliked by rival fans, but in their 135 years of existence they have always had style and great players."

It also states: "Since its beginnings, the club has had an undeniable connection with the Jewish community represented in directors, coaches and players. And the current owner and president, Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy, are Jewish."

Spurs responded strongly to Marca's claims: "We are astonished that a publication such as Marca, which presents itself as an alleged source of professional journalism, has seen fit to publish such an article which is blatantly wrong and wholly distasteful."​

Really? If not heritage i'm sure i've read of our links with the jewish community.
aside from that though, i like it that the spanish paper likes our footballing style

Could really do with Davies being back for Tuesday - I think we want to go with our first choice back 3 so need Davies back

As others have said, this game is a complete freebie. They're also on poor form and with injuries. Can't wait for kick-off!!

Anything but Son over there!

I dont think the game is a freebie at all. While I dont expect a result if we were to get trashed it could be VERY damaging to our form at what is a crucial time.

We are yet to really hit our stride though there are signs we are beginning to find it, we need to do well against Madrid to keep that up.

We have : Madrid, Liverpool, West Ham, Man Utd, Madrid, Palace, Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, WBA and Leicester as our fixtures through to the end of Nov.

A hit to our confidence/form tomorrow could see us in for a terrible month. Conversely, a good performance (regardless of result) could well set us up for a great run...

Watching some of the games Real have struggled in, the opposition have been up for the battle and have been strong in the challenge. We need to be up for winning every 50/50 and show some of their diva's that its not going to be walk in the park for them.

We give Ronaldo a good kicking and we wind Ramos up we could get a positive result.
I can't see Kane, Eriksen or Sonny winding Ramos up. Let Vertonghen mark him on set pieces.

Anything but Son over there!

I dont think the game is a freebie at all. While I dont expect a result if we were to get trashed it could be VERY damaging to our form at what is a crucial time.

We are yet to really hit our stride though there are signs we are beginning to find it, we need to do well against Madrid to keep that up.

We have : Madrid, Liverpool, West Ham, Man Utd, Madrid, Palace, Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, WBA and Leicester as our fixtures through to the end of Nov.

A hit to our confidence/form tomorrow could see us in for a terrible month. Conversely, a good performance (regardless of result) could well set us up for a great run...
Has there ever been a good time for bad form? Now, as always, bad form would be bad for us.

It's not quite a freebie perhaps, there are consequences... But this really is at the opposite end of the spectrum from the "must win" games. Whatever you want to call that.

Has there ever been a good time for bad form? Now, as always, bad form would be bad for us.

It's not quite a freebie perhaps, there are consequences... But this really is at the opposite end of the spectrum from the "must win" games. Whatever you want to call that.

Yes and no.

There are times you can hit bad form, but thanks to lower level fixtures can muddle through without coming unstuck. Play yourself into form even.

Then there are times you can hit bad form, run into quality teams consecutively, and have the whole situation snowball/cascade into terrible form or some sort of crisis.

Though, of course, its far from "must win". And, by virtue of that, even losing can be seen as a success depending on how the game goes. And a draw or (!) win would be a superb result.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...h-newspaper-claims-club-hated-jewish-origins/

Tottenham have condemned one of Spain's leading newspapers after it claimed the club is "hated" for its Jewish origins.

As part of its preview to the Champions League match between Spurs and Real Madrid on Tuesday, Marca included a guide to the north-London club.

Spurs are described as a club that is "hated" but "with good footballing style."

The newspaper says: "Their Jewish heritage has historically made them into a club disliked by rival fans, but in their 135 years of existence they have always had style and great players."

It also states: "Since its beginnings, the club has had an undeniable connection with the Jewish community represented in directors, coaches and players. And the current owner and president, Joe Lewis and Daniel Levy, are Jewish."

Spurs responded strongly to Marca's claims: "We are astonished that a publication such as Marca, which presents itself as an alleged source of professional journalism, has seen fit to publish such an article which is blatantly wrong and wholly distasteful."​

Really? If not heritage i'm sure i've read of our links with the jewish community.
aside from that though, i like it that the spanish paper likes our footballing style

Real Madrid have always had an undeniable connection with fascism (and Marca is their mouthpiece). It's really not the least bit surprising

Still no team news from the club so I suspect we won't get any for this game.

Interestingly Rose and Dembele have travelled according to a couple of news outlets. Does anyone know if Ben Davies travelled?

The Clubs link to the Jewish community is widely misunderstood. In the 70s and 80s Tottenham as a town had a relatively large Jewish community. For this reason alone fans of the three clam clubs of London labelled the Club yids as they could find no other way in their bigoted and racist eyes to put down this wonderful and greatest club of London, that they were all so jealous of.

In response the Spurs fans being an inclusive bunch and not sharing the intolerant and evil minds of particularly chelsea and west ham fans, adopted the term yids as a means of defiance and to belittle their attempts to use the word as a form of abuse.

That's it really and the comments of Marca are absurd. The club was not formed with Jewish connections and past owners, coaches and players that the club have had from the Jewish community is no more than a benayoun at west ham or Roman at chelsea. We certainly haven't had employees from that faith in the past because of some intangible link to the Jewish community.

So clearly wrong but indeed also distasteful as they suggest any Jewish link the club has is the reason we are hated. That's certainly not why arsenal hate us and it would be ironic as it's often said they have a larger Jewish fan base than Spurs, who themselves have relatively modest support from the Jewish community, contrary to the widely inaccurate comment that the club has a large Jewish fanbase. chelsea hate us as the Club flourished whilst they floundered and this was only heightened when Jimmy Greaves led our attack. We also beat them in the cup final of 67' (which prior to Roman was the biggest game in their history), we relegated them in the 80s and after the game famously beat their supporters all the way back to west London.

The worst part of the article and why I suspect the Club are really unhappy is that whilst they inaccurately make a claim as to why we are hated, they do not on any occasion condemn that reason. It's a disgusting thought that we could be hated for having links to the Jewish community. A peaceful loving bunch and who have had to withstand a truly incredible level of persecution going back over 2000 years. A people who have not killed 100 million Hindus, blown up children at a kids concert and read from a book that calls for all our deaths, just to name a few amongst a gazillion atrocities.

Dembele
Dembele Dembele Dembele
Dembele Dembele
Dembele Dembele
Dembele Dembele Dembele

I want Dembele to play.

Back