• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

There is no way Real Madrid would want Barca to leave that league, because without them nobody outside Spain would both to watch that league. Real need the competition

If the Spanish league falls apart I think the European super league plans will come back. Juventus, PSG, Bayern, Real and Barcelona would all be walking the title 8 years out of 10 in their respective leagues.

There is no way Real Madrid would want Barca to leave that league, because without them nobody outside Spain would both to watch that league. Real need the competition

Actually the Spanish league has specifically come out and said (some time ago), if Catalan got their independence, Barca would be out La Liga.

You think RM would give a brick? it just wraps up the next 90 League titles while fielding a B team (while getting Barca's share of the tv revenue) and just concentrate on winning CL.

Back to Harry, let him captain, get a couple of goals, let him stay happy.

Actually the Spanish league has specifically come out and said (some time ago), if Catalan got their independence, Barca would be out La Liga.

You think RM would give a brick? it just wraps up the next 90 League titles while fielding a B team (while getting Barca's share of the tv revenue) and just concentrate on winning CL.

Back to Harry, let him captain, get a couple of goals, let him stay happy.

I am aware what the Spanish league have said but I think they are bluffing because they automatically become a weaker league

90 league titles mean nothing when they see their tv revenue dwindle because nobody wants to watch them play and they become another Celtic dominating their league

I am aware what the Spanish league have said but I think they are bluffing because they automatically become a weaker league

90 league titles mean nothing when they see their tv revenue dwindle because nobody wants to watch them play and they become another Celtic dominating their league

I get what you are saying, but lets look at the setup

- RM has always been the Spanish government club, Barca has aligned themselves with Catalan. There is going to be very little appetite politically or otherwise to "help out" or include Barca in a La Liga where Catalan is independent.
- La Liga revenue will be less, but instead of getting 40% (or whatever it is) of the revenue, RM will get 80%, and the media and PR will manufacture rivalries to keep people quasi interested.

I get what you are saying, but lets look at the setup

- RM has always been the Spanish government club, Barca has aligned themselves with Catalan. There is going to be very little appetite politically or otherwise to "help out" or include Barca in a La Liga where Catalan is independent.
- La Liga revenue will be less, but instead of getting 40% (or whatever it is) of the revenue, RM will get 80%, and the media and PR will manufacture rivalries to keep people quasi interested.

Without Barca La Liga revenue will undoubtedly fall and in your example it is highly unlikely that 80% will be more than the previous 40%. Foreign markets would not be interested bearing in mind the Barca/Real rivalry is the key in the demand for Spanish rights.

I think during the cold war it was known as mutually assured destruction - bottom line all parties need each other.

Heck the Spanish league in particular dare not kick Barca out as that could be a back door entry into the a new Euro Super league which could leave Madrid leave as well then they would be sorry.

Can we have a separate thread for Kane showing where he is on PL all time scoring list, Spurs all time and England all time, updating each time he scores more.

Be nice to see him homing in on Greaves, Shearer and Rooney.

Without Barca La Liga revenue will undoubtedly fall and in your example it is highly unlikely that 80% will be more than the previous 40%. Foreign markets would not be interested bearing in mind the Barca/Real rivalry is the key in the demand for Spanish rights.

I think during the cold war it was known as mutually assured destruction - bottom line all parties need each other.

Heck the Spanish league in particular dare not kick Barca out as that could be a back door entry into the a new Euro Super league which could leave Madrid leave as well then they would be sorry.
I agree. Competition is what drives interest in sport and without it it becomes boring. The Barca/Madrid rivalry is the only thing that keeps the Spanish league interesting in much the same way the old firm clashes were the main draw for the SPL (albeit on a smaller scale). It is a symbiotic relationship and once removed it means the league becomes less competitive and less marketable. It happened in the SPL, and after the initial gloating of Celtic fans died down they soon realised that the SPL without Rangers was an irrelevance.

A super league might work but only if there are ways to get promoted and relegated from it. If it is a closed shop then interest will dwindle fairly quickly IMO. However a closed shop is probably exactly what the big clubs want. I wouldn't want Spurs in it either.

Hazard and Coutinho being on there just serves to show that the list has been drawn up on reputation as much as performance. In previous years, yes, but can you really say that those two have set the Premiership alight since January?

It’s always on reputation and never achievement

It’s a magazines opinion that suits them

Hence why there were some united players in there who actually achieved every little individually

Back