• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

plantar fasciitis

swellsy

Kevin Scott
Had it since March... doctors recommendations on stretches etc waste of time.

Anyone had it... And anyone got any advice on how to get over it.

Sore in the morning but worse at the end of the day after I have been on my feet.

Do about 15k steps a day on average.

Best it got was when I stayed off my feet for nearly 2 weeks but work doesn't allow me to do that

Getting frustrated.

Thanks in advance

Swellsy

I had it last year, bloody nightmare.

Did my best not to over do it, was certainly less than 15k a day. That said I did make sure I walked regularly as well.

A friend of mine swears by arnica gel, and in an act of desperation I started using it.

Truthfully I dont think the gel did anything, but Im pretty sure the nightly massaging/rubbing/stretching while applying it did a great deal of good.

That said I think a lot depends on where and how bad it is.

Mine was right in the middle of my foot, and when I stepped wrong I had a shock of pain run from my heel to my toe.

Had it on and off for 7 years, since I snapped both my legs.

People focus on the site of the pain, the foot, but it is massively linked to your calves and hamstrings... so you should stretch those out as much as you stretch your foot out.

Every morning I grab my toes and bend them back whilst massaging the underside of my foot, both sides, then stretch my calves and hamstrings... takes about 5 minutes but sorts it out for me.

One of the most painful things I have ever endured...ongoing. The only thing that fixed it for me was keeping off my feet. Never had it again touch wood!

What sort of footwear do you use? I have long since abandoned all types of trainers and now wear only conventional leather shoes from Clark's (quality but relatively inexpensive UK footwear store) with three-quarter orthotic insoles like the ones in this link inserted. For me it works an absolute treat, I have been completely free of all pain ever since adopting them.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...igB&biw=1879&bih=1055#spd=5886115927696363190

I now have multiple sets of these inserts, one for every pair of shoes / boots / slippers I regularly wear. Expensive perhaps, but what price pain?

I first started suffering about a decade ago but like I say, since wearing these insoles inside leather shoes I have been completely free of it.

Except for whenever I have strayed from using them, then my PF has come back fairly quickly, so there's just no getting away from it I don't dare go out without making sure the orthotic insoles are inserted in every pair of shoes I wear.

PS: I have never done any of the exercises mentioned by others. Used to get extremely sharp pain right in the centre of my heel on both feet. Pain only disappeared once I started wearing the orthotic inserts.

Last edited:
I should point out as well mine was a one of injury (so far at least).

I remember when it happened. Crossed the road, put the middle of my foot on the corner of the curb as I stepped onto the pavement and felt an odd twinge.

That night was in agony and it took around 3 months to heal.

What sort of footwear do you use? I have long since abandoned all types of trainers and now wear only conventional leather shoes from Clark's (quality but relatively inexpensive UK footwear store) with three-quarter orthotic insoles like the ones in this link inserted. For me it works an absolute treat, I have been completely free of all pain ever since adopting them.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...igB&biw=1879&bih=1055#spd=5886115927696363190

I now have multiple sets of these inserts, one for every pair of shoes / boots / slippers I regularly wear. Expensive perhaps, but what price pain?

I first started suffering about a decade ago but like I say, since wearing these insoles inside leather shoes I have been completely free of it.

Except for whenever I have strayed from using them, then my PF has come back fairly quickly, so there's just no getting away from it I don't dare go out without making sure the orthotic insoles are inserted in every pair of shoes I wear.

PS: I have never done any of the exercises mentioned by others. Used to get extremely sharp pain right in the centre of my heel on both feet. Pain only disappeared once I started wearing the orthotic inserts.

I had a bad Achilies and tried lots of different things, I still do Pilates as I enjoy it. But the biggest difference I made was the trainers and only wearing proper shoes the whole time.

Stretches are good the best one I do is standing on a staircase and lowering one legs to the lower step and stretching them out.

Key thing to remember is it can be cured, I do about an hour of Pilates a day but that is for core strength for other issues as well. But it helped the foot and cleared it up good for me.

Footwear is important.

Had this for nearly 2 yrs, had physio, injections insoles etc. Nothing worked.

Then I tried the socks for the condition (while keeping up the stretches, mainly of the calf) that I found online with a well known retailer. Within 2 days the pain had stopped, and now if I feel a twinge, I wear them for a day, sometimes just a morning and away it goes. I would heartily recommend them from my experience.

Had this for nearly 2 yrs, had physio, injections insoles etc. Nothing worked.

Then I tried the socks for the condition (while keeping up the stretches, mainly of the calf) that I found online with a well known retailer. Within 2 days the pain had stopped, and now if I feel a twinge, I wear them for a day, sometimes just a morning and away it goes. I would heartily recommend them from my experience.
What retailer, you can post a link, nobody here will tell you off!

I'm pleased you found an insert that helps. About 8 years ago I paid quite a bit of money for some quack to make me some orthotic inserts - sounded great. I put my feet in some advanced foam stuff which squished down to take a perfect mould of my feet... so he could create perfect inserts. They were absolutely terrible. He was a foot expert, loads of degrees, private hospital, absolutely terrible they were. Total waste of money.

I often wear a general squishy gel insole, but not a special orthotic one.

Note you say you have never done any of the exercises - you should try stretching your calves and hamstrings, it really works. Just put one leg out in front of you, straight, heel on the floor, and bend forward from the waist and you feel the stretch along the back of your leg, just like footballers do.

Thanks for the replies.

From all the research I have done, your replies and my experience... seems different people respond to different things.

Was hoping to get something from some one that was different that I could try

Cheers all

Back