• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Josh Onomah

Not exactly an unselfish assist. There was very little Hogan could do there apart from setting someone up, which he did very well.

This kid is going to be a very important player for us in the years ahead.. He's done so fudging well at Villa.

Their fans say he is a cut above the rest of their squad, PL level and he'll only keep improving - especially under Poch.

He'll become increasingly important as a replacement for Dembele as his body continues to show signs of frailty.

This kid is going to be a very important player for us in the years ahead.. He's done so fudging well at Villa.

Their fans say he is a cut above the rest of their squad, PL level and he'll only keep improving - especially under Poch.

He'll become increasingly important as a replacement for Dembele as his body continues to show signs of frailty.
Glad to hear that about his spell at Villa so far. Excellent talent and him settling well at Villa is very good news.

I've been keeping an eye on some of the villa threads and they are starting to turn on him. Although a couple seem to have missed the fact that he was injured for a couple of weeks, the general consensus seems to be that he's lazy and clueless in the final third. They have moved to a 442 whislt he's been injured and now his substitute cameos are coming further up the field, where even they think he's not suited.

I've been keeping an eye on some of the villa threads and they are starting to turn on him. Although a couple seem to have missed the fact that he was injured for a couple of weeks, the general consensus seems to be that he's lazy and clueless in the final third. They have moved to a 442 whislt he's been injured and now his substitute cameos are coming further up the field, where even they think he's not suited.

The more observant among them point out he is a much better player at CM than #10, but Bruce keeps putting him in advanced positions.

Struggling to understand why he's not starting every game for villa. I've been his biggest critic historically (for a couple specific, consistent reasons) however in the one Villa game which I saw this season he was their best player and by all accounts, Villa fans seem to suggest he's been playing well. Saw that he only got 17 mins today and a similar amount of game time both last week and in mid-week. Hopefully we have the ability to recall him and CCV in Jan should we wish - I don't see any benefit on loaning them out if they're not starting, and to cover situations where, for example, the manager changes and they fall out of favour. CCV starting to start more regularly now though

Struggling to understand why he's not starting every game for villa. I've been his biggest critic historically (for a couple specific, consistent reasons) however in the one Villa game which I saw this season he was their best player and by all accounts, Villa fans seem to suggest he's been playing well. Saw that he only got 17 mins today and a similar amount of game time both last week and in mid-week. Hopefully we have the ability to recall him and CCV in Jan should we wish - I don't see any benefit on loaning them out if they're not starting, and to cover situations where, for example, the manager changes and they fall out of favour. CCV starting to start more regularly now though
We don't have the inside track on what's going on at Villa, Bruce does. His team have been winning without Onomah so obviously he's going to stick with a winning team until things start to go wrong. Meantime it's up to Josh to play well enough to oblige the manager to start him, same as it'll be up to Rose to convince Poch he's a better option than Davies once he's recovered match fitness.

I thought the whole idea of the loan was to get playing time in his best position of CM. Bruce is playing him at AM. Not sure this helps.

i still don't think he will make it. fine footballer but just -0.5sec off the mark everytime i've seen him, and it won't get better with age.

i still don't think he will make it. fine footballer but just -0.5sec off the mark everytime i've seen him, and it won't get better with age.

Right now Winks is ahead of him for that favoured deep centre midfield role.

Still I have high hopes for Josh. He just needs to find someone to trust in him to play that deep centre mid position so he gets more and more games and experience there

Funny this. A friend is a villa season ticket holder who I met up with a week and a bit ago when he was in London. Him and his friends were all saying he's been their standout player this season and is a step above their other midfielders. I also have checked the villa forum and nearly all fans have been impressed by him overall.

2 league goals in around 5 starts, a couple of MOTM performances as well. I understand he got injured and hasn't been starting lately but we are just into Oct in a mamouth season and he's played more senior minutes this season already that he has ever before. He's gonna have some dips and injuries, especially in this villa side.

he is going to come back to us serious player from this experience. Unlike winks, he hasn't found his feet in a winning team and the rough and tumble is a challenge. Fact that so far he is taking some games by the scruff of the neck is a great sign and also versatility is important for a young player. If by the end of the season he has 25 starts 15 sub appearances and 5-7 goals, it will be a massively successful seaon for him. I back him to keep on showing his class and I still feel he will do that with spurs. Bruce is a brick manager but so far Onomah has not struggled, but hey some of our fans seem hell bent on declaring he'll never make it with us. All I ask of watch a few games, listen to opinion on him by coaches manager and real fans And lay off the forums - full of macarons ; )

Funny this. A friend is a villa season ticket holder who I met up with a week and a bit ago when he was in London. Him and his friends were all saying he's been their standout player this season and is a step above their other midfielders. I also have checked the villa forum and nearly all fans have been impressed by him overall.

2 league goals in around 5 starts, a couple of MOTM performances as well. I understand he got injured and hasn't been starting lately but we are just into Oct in a mamouth season and he's played more senior minutes this season already that he has ever before. He's gonna have some dips and injuries, especially in this villa side.

he is going to come back to us serious player from this experience. Unlike winks, he hasn't found his feet in a winning team and the rough and tumble is a challenge. Fact that so far he is taking some games by the scruff of the neck is a great sign and also versatility is important for a young player. If by the end of the season he has 25 starts 15 sub appearances and 5-7 goals, it will be a massively successful seaon for him. I back him to keep on showing his class and I still feel he will do that with spurs. Bruce is a brick manager but so far Onomah has not struggled, but hey some of our fans seem hell bent on declaring he'll never make it with us. All I ask of watch a few games, listen to opinion on him by coaches manager and real fans And lay off the forums - full of macarons ; )

Ive always found him a very passive player. And not the most effective in the final 3rd. The Championship is perfect for sorting out the former, but Bruce really needs to stop playing him in advanced areas.

Im sure in time he will. Right now he is relying on Whelan and Hoolahan as experienced heads in there. No surprise given the pressure he has been under.

As you say, its a long season, plenty of time for Onomah to make a real go of it.

Back