• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Football and Homophobia

You think overt homophobia is acceptable and funny. And you are supported by the users of this message board and its administrators who also think your homophobia is funny and acceptable.

I hate the passive acceptance of homophobia on this message board and, by extension, amongst Spurs fans generally.

Despite being pretty disappointing as a player, Aurier has at least been the catalyst to expose the homophobia that has been accepted on here for years.

Last edited:
You think overt homophobia is acceptable and funny. And you are supported by the users of this message board and its administrators who also think your homophobia is funny and acceptable.

I hate the passive acceptance of homophobia on this message board and, by extension, amongst Spurs fans generally.

Despite being pretty disappointing as a player, Aurier has at least been the catalyst to expose the homophobia that has been accepted on here for years.

you can think all you want about his so called homophobia (and I think your'e extremely exaggerating even though I generally have zero tolerance for homophobia), but why let it influence your opinion on his footballing merits? that is, he only played 3 games and it's really way early to judge. I think he'll be a quality player for us, homphobe or not.

Innuendo isn't homophobic. Isn't it equality to be able to be as crude about homosexual activity as people are about heterosexuality? Only disapproving or discriminating about it is homophobia

I had concerns about Aurier, but Proud Lilywhites gave a verdict, so that's Aurier's position and challenge.

Dude, if you hate the place that much nobody is forcing you to visit. I personally don't really see any of this 'overt homophobia' that you mention. I do see a couple of posts that are intended to wind you up and are obviously succeeding.

You are minimising. The insulting innuendo that is laced through this message board is homophobic. (The recent discussion elsewhere about Lukaku's rooster is relevant here.)

As for whether his performance and his hate comments are linked. I say they are. The great and good of this message board says his homophobic comments can be ignored because he is such a good footballer. I am saying that his performance have been very disappointing. How good a footballer does he have to be to justify homophobia? It seems the bar has been set pretty low by the admins of this place.

Last edited:
You are minimising. The insulting innuendo that is laced through this message board is homophobic. (The recent discussion elsewhere about Lukaku's rooster is relevant here.)

As for whether his performance and his hate comments are linked. I say they are. The great and good of this message board says his homophobic comments can be ignored because he is such a good footballer. I am saying that his performance have been very disappointing. How good a footballer does he have to be to justify homophobia? It seems the bar has been set pretty low by the admins of this place.

Oh, do bore off.

Dude, if you hate the place that much nobody is forcing you to visit. I personally don't really see any of this 'overt homophobia' that you mention. I do see a couple of posts that are intended to wind you up and are obviously succeeding.

Exactly. It is quite acceptable to use homophobic comment on this board to insult someone.

This thread is soo gay ... seriously there are better things to enjoy in life than to try to play teacher or victim.

This thread is soo gay ... seriously there are better things to enjoy in life than to try to play teacher or victim.

In my defence, my contribution (and some others) came from another thread being crayoned over by the site numpty.

Last edited:
Can you please begin another prejudicial anti scouser rant...you know the type of prejudice that is acceptable to you. This anti homo stuff is getting boring.

He is a homophobe. Not very clever. Not nearly as good as he thinks he is. No one wonder he is so popular here.

Not really. The justification of the great intellectuals of this message board for ignoring his hateful behaviour and signing a homophobe was that he would so dramatically improve the team that it was worth it.

I say his performances, at best, have been disappointing and certainly not worth betraying the club's values and ethics.

Exactly. It is quite acceptable to use homophobic comment on this board to insult someone.

YAWN

One of my mates has turned into the biggest homophobe I know, he's gay and says there are too many queers and he misses being special.

Surely you mean rioting Liverpool fans at Heysel that caused the death of 39 innocent people.

I think there is a difference.

Let us not go there. I remember it. Your version is not, and never was, the full story whatsoever. For another thread if you wish...

do you have any specific cases you can point to - just interested to learn more. One specifically where a word can have more than one meaning and its just as reasonable to assume either if possible. Always wanting to learn more, I would like to read up on it.

The words 'yid' and 'yiddo' take on different meanings depending on the context.
The word 'clam' too. Sometimes a 'silly old clam' refers to a nice, daft old fella. Sometimes a 'clam' is an absolute bastard of the lowest order. Language is filled with them. Personally speaking, I do not use words which could be considered homophobic.

He is a homophobe. Not very clever. Not nearly as good as he thinks he is. No one wonder he is so popular here.

And you are refusing to accept that the guy might well
a) have simply used inappropriate language and terminology and b) that he cannot change his supposed ways, and indeed has not!
A lot of assumptions on your part. ALL based on PAST events.

Big words.
Has it really 'been accepted here'?

Back