• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He now needs 11 PL goals before new years to match Shearer's record of most PL goals scored in a calendar year - 36 goals in 1995. Kane is currently on 25.

League had 22 teams until the 95/96 season, giving Shearer a head start.

And it is harder for Harry as he does not count August

Reading around tonight, I can't help but wonder how much more respect Kane would get if he played for UTD or Liverpool. He gets praise but it always seems that its with the caveat that he's at Spurs and it's not the same as doing it for one of the media darlings. Imagine the weekly tossfest we'd get from Sky if he was at Liverpool for instance.

Seriously, if we won the league two years running or even a couple of cups, it still wouldn't be enough because he's at Tottenham.

I don't think he will leave us, but we should pay him more...just because he feckin deserves is

Really is an extraordinary story. A relatively unheralded and unremarkable youth player exploding into a 90 + million pound superstar in such a short space of time. Genuinely cannot think of a like example. I imagine that any lingering doubts about him that remain are based, at least in part, over the implausibility of it all. Along with a healthy dose of envy - the fact that we have effectively created one of the best strikers in world football must really rankle with the supporters of some of our nearest and dearest.

Really is an extraordinary story. A relatively unheralded and unremarkable youth player exploding into a 90 + million pound superstar in such a short space of time. Genuinely cannot think of a like example. I imagine that any lingering doubts about him that remain are based, at least in part, over the implausibility of it all. Along with a healthy dose of envy - the fact that we have effectively created one of the best strikers in world football must really rankle with the supporters of some of our nearest and dearest.

I agree with everything except for the price estimate which should easily be 150m+ in today's market (not that it matters anyway)

Kane would be upwards of £200m, easily. This is a crazy market for players, but to get our best player from Levy, the best striker in the Premier League over the past 3 years...it'd take crazy, crazy money.

I don't think Levy would sell, even if a £200m bid came in. That's merely his "worth" in this crazy transfer market.

For the 90m mentioned I'd say Rashford is a fairly evident comparable example.

As much as it's great to say that "we" created him, it comes down to Kane's commitment to learn and development alongside the work of our academy, players are human beings not cars.

Also throughout all youth levels Kane's figures were insane, I don't think it's right to call him unremarkable as for anyone who followed the youth set up would have been aware of the progress he was making.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

And to think his time in the Arsenal youth academy nearly put him off football for life.

Back