• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Barnsley OMT ***

We were a little like this at this stage of last season too. I think that a lot of it is down to how Poch conditions the squad.

I remember reading about this a couple of years ago. Probably posted by someone on here. Sounds plausible, as we've always started a bit slow under Poch, only to really pick up steam around x-mas.

About 24k at the game tonight

I decided to not sit in my usual CW seat, sat in block 101, behind the opposition bench.

Wasn't at the game, just listened on radio. I might be in the minority here, but I'm not too bothered about the performance. After Swansea, more than anything, we needed a result. And we got one.

Though our offense has stuttered, our defense seemed to have another imperious display, only allowing three shots across 90 minutes. Supposedly, Foyth and KWP were both impressive, which is great news. Sure, I would have loved 3 or 4, but we're still in the hat and now that's our second Wembley win in a week. Not brilliant, but another step.

So on way back now. For my money - all £10's worth - not very good.

The main things I took away:

- Foyth - looked v comfortable on ball, but also surprisingly tenacious and tough too. Not easily bullied. Looks a prospect

- Llorente - should've buried his header, a few nice touches but generally starved of service

Dele (as he seems to be the main talking point over last few days) - one of those games where it looked like nothing would come off for him, but put in a decent shift in terms of workrate. The ear-cupping thing was odd. No idea who it was aimed at. He does like drawing unnecessary attention to himself!

- Jan - nice to seem him captain the team. Continued good form

- Winks - pirouettes aplenty, was good to have him back too. Positive, forward passing

That's all folks. Not much else to report. At least the dippers are out and I'm nearly home!

Forgot to mention KWP, who looked great at LB. Very intelligent. And despite assist, Trippier will want to move on from the game quick. His crossing radar was wayyyyy off!

So on way back now. For my money - all £10's worth - not very good.

The main things I took away:

- Foyth - looked v comfortable on ball, but also surprisingly tenacious and tough too. Not easily bullied. Looks a prospect

- Llorente - should've buried his header, a few nice touches but generally starved of service

Dele (as he seems to be the main talking point over last few days) - one of those games where it looked like nothing would come off for him, but put in a decent shift in terms of workrate. The ear-cupping thing was odd. No idea who it was aimed at. He does like drawing unnecessary attention to himself!

- Jan - nice to seem him captain the team. Continued good form

- Winks - pirouettes aplenty, was good to have him back too. Positive, forward passing

That's all folks. Not much else to report. At least the dippers are out and I'm nearly home!

Forgot to mention KWP, who looked great at LB. Very intelligent. And despite assist, Trippier will want to move on from the game quick. His crossing radar was wayyyyy off!

Thanks for the write-up. :)

Here are the highlights on SkySports:
http://www.skysports.com/football/tottenham-vs-barnsley/384195

For me, the stand out was KWP.

In terms of how sharp he looked, how ready he looked. Won his individual battles. Made the right decisions. Looked a threat in attack. I think he's ready to play more in the League when Davies needs a rest.

Foyth looked good on the ball but had a couple of shaky moments. He'll be good, and this was only his first game, but his decision making will improve. JV and Trippier fine. Vorm fine.

Shout out to Winks in midfield. Always looking up, always looking forward. He seems to have his confidence back, he just needs his sharpness. He'll be back in the league soon, this will have been good for him.

Thought Sissoko started off well and then Son showed up more of from the attackers in the second half, although none of it really clicked. Classic Dele anticipation. Fernando needs sharpness.

Also shout out to GKN. I hope he's impressing Poch enough in training to get some more League time soon. I think ever since the second half of last season whenever he's had a rare opportunity he's been quite effective. Beats his man regularly and offers good delivery, as well as an option to drive the team forward. A very good 20/25 mins from him I thought. With a player like him not everything he tries will come off, but I think his hit rate is high enough that he deserves more chances.

So, stand outs for me were KWP and GKN, with KWP taking the MoM award for me after showing a really mature level of performance. I had total confidence in everything he was doing and he carried himself well.

It'll be good for us if KWP can allow Davies to be rested (while Rose is out). Pleased that he did well tonight, he should get a few games now as cover for Davies.

Best players were KWP - Sissoko - Nkoudou (although limited time)
Foyth - Good on the ball but lacks upper body strength and would get physically targeted in the PL
Llorente was very poor and was a negative on our play as almost blocked Son and Alli coming inside, that was shown up once he was taken off
Winks was tidy but looked very tentative either his foot(ankle) hurts or he is worried about it
Delivery from corners was much much better (all from trippier)

First half convinced if Kane had been playing we would have been 3 up, just needed somebody to shift the ball and shoot.

Back