• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Agree with most on here that looked a little shaky and unfamiliar with his team mates in the first 20 minutes but then got better as the game went on and was excellent in the 2nd half. Already looks an upgrade on Walker and although I can see him getting a few yellow and red cards, I also think he is likely to become a cult hero.

Agree with most on here that looked a little shaky and unfamiliar with his team mates in the first 20 minutes but then got better as the game went on and was excellent in the 2nd half. Already looks an upgrade on Walker and although I can see him getting a few yellow and red cards, I also think he is likely to become a cult hero.

Any player from Ivory Coast is likely to be a cult hero at Spurs.

Did he look an upgrade on Walker or is it more he looked as good as but half the price..

Be honest

What was better?

For a first game it was exceptional. Great replacement for Walker and thats a box ticked. Trippier and him at right back is a wonderful situation for Spurs.
The money is irrelevant now.

Did he look an upgrade on Walker or is it more he looked as good as but half the price..

Be honest

What was better?
Hopefully he will be an upgrade to Walker when he finds his feet in the team. Thought he had a very good game, considering it was his first for Spurs, and against a very good european team.

Have been a big fan of his and it seems absurd to have got him in with 25m (approx) to spare for Walker but there you go.
article-1228836-01252C0200000578-10_224x423.jpg

Be honest

What was better?

First up, he needs to settle. Its clear he needs a little time to adjust to the demands of the team, our tactics, and generally just a new environment.

With that caveat, I loved him.

Walkers physicality (though not quite pace), Trippiers quality on the ball, and Noe Paramots thighs. He was brilliant.

Has a little bit of the Ekotto unconventional style about him to, he can improvise which I really enjoyed.

If thats a base line performance for him, I am super excited, and he will without doubt be an improvement on Walker.

And then you mention he was half the price?! ROFL....

A bit harsh i think from those saying he looked dodgy last night, even at the start.

From Wembley Upper Tier you could see how Dortmund were targeting him early in the first half. Almost every attack came down his side. Dortmund moved the ball around well over there and he almost always ended up with two, sometimes three, opponents to tend to where they'd overloaded. They moved him inwards to create space on the flanks which left him exposed. (which as a side, is why I think they appeared a little short on bodies down their right, where both Kane and Sonny scored).

Serge wasn't helped either by Eriksen's lack of defensive duties. Presumably without Alli, it was Eriksen's role to offer more support the front line, which in turn left us exposed a little on the right side. I think Dortmund played to this.

However, Serge coped well in his absence. Then Poch switched Son over after half hour to give him more support. After that I think he grew into the role superbly. Offered support going forward when needed. Looked strong, and his positional play, bar one or two over zealous bits of closing down, was very disciplined.

Put it this way, i think Tripps would've had a torrid time last night. But that's no slight on the lad. Just Aurier's experience was there to see in bucket loads last night. Well played sir, well played!

A bit harsh i think from those saying he looked dodgy last night, even at the start.

From Wembley Upper Tier you could see how Dortmund were targeting him early in the first half. Almost every attack came down his side. Dortmund moved the ball around well over there and he almost always ended up with two, sometimes three, opponents to tend to where they'd overloaded. They moved him inwards to create space on the flanks which left him exposed. (which as a side, is why I think they appeared a little short on bodies down their right, where both Kane and Sonny scored).

Serge wasn't helped either by Eriksen's lack of defensive duties. Presumably without Alli, it was Eriksen's role to offer more support the front line, which in turn left us exposed a little on the right side. I think Dortmund played to this.

However, Serge coped well in his absence. Then Poch switched Son over after half hour to give him more support. After that I think he grew into the role superbly. Offered support going forward when needed. Looked strong, and his positional play, bar one or two over zealous bits of closing down, was very disciplined.

Put it this way, i think Tripps would've had a torrid time last night. But that's no slight on the lad. Just Aurier's experience was there to see in bucket loads last night. Well played sir, well played!
That's what I was thinking, based on the last 20 minutes plus extended highlights of the rest. If you've got Aubameyang drifting out to the left, that's where you're going to attack!

I absolutely loved the double-Tekkers in the corner with him and Eriksen. Of course, when it doesn't come off it can look awful, but he's clearly a confident and able player. The perfect mix of BAE and Walker? Hopefully.

He looked class. Not necessarily saying it was a great game for him but you can tell he oozes experience and class. Won't lose an individual battle easily and will let the opposition know they have been in a game. Comfortable on the ball, a good crosser and just looks like a winner, not someone scared to be on the big stage. There's an episode of Peep Show where they are at a Christian rock festival and Jez's band manager calls Mark a 'real piece of brick' in a good way. That's Aurier for me. We need these guys in our team for nights like last night.

Back