• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs fans mock gay people in support of new signing Aurier

Saddens me that I am (a small) part of a club that does this.

Hopefully this is completed, may also be able to get a few other bargains from PSG if they need money like the midfielder hey signed from Seville and Pastore.

Reactions: AVB

Saddens me that I am (a small) part of a club that does this.

You would feel the same if you supported any other club. Fans are people and as people all of them are different...some set in their ways...others very open minded.

My view is that maybe your looking for a battle where there doesn't need to be one.

You will never rid the world of those you perceive to be bigots so its best not to worry or try to change things that are out of your control. That's not to say I find it acceptable to be homophobic or take the pish.

I just wish people could have more of a sense of humour about things and not take things so seriously.

I have personally said many things in my youth that I deeply regretted but I learnt from it. Serge Aurier is a young lad and deserves the chance for a fresh start and to make new impressions.

Now some never change their ways while others grow and evolve.

For me in this new age world there are far to many people that want to play policemen and by trying to censor everything are actually stopping the process of young people learning.

See people need to make mistakes in order to learn.

I can't remember anyone on here being blatantly homophobic...I think your more upset that we're not all condemning this signing and saying we don't want him because he's made errors of judgement in the past.

For me the lad can have a chance and it just so helps he's a darn fine RB that we desperately need!

Saddens me that I am (a small) part of a club that does this.[/, post: 954626, member: 2197"]You would feel the same if you supported any other club. Fans are people and as people all of them are different...some set in their ways...others very open minded.

My view is that maybe your looking for a battle where there doesn't need to be one.

You will never rid the world of those you perceive to be bigots so its best not to worry or try to change things that are out of your control. That's not to say I find it acceptable to be homophobic or take the pish.

I just wish people could have more of a sense of humour about things and not take things so seriously.

I have personally said many things in my youth that I deeply regretted but I learnt from it. Serge Aurier is a young lad and deserves the chance for a fresh start and to make new impressions.

For me in this new age world there are far to many people that want to play policemen and by trying to censor everything are actually stopping the process of young people learning.

I can't remember anyone on here being blatantly homophobic...I think your more upset that we're not all condemning this signing and saying we don't want him because he's made errors of judgement in the past.

For me the lad can have a chance and it just so helps he's a darn fine RB that we desperately need!
mate fantastically written and said. I wish I could be more diplomatic like you.

I'd like to know your position on gay Scousers, who support Liverpool and were at Heysel? Now that would be worth reading. Ha, ha.

If they were amongst the Liverpool fans that rioted at Heysel and caused the deaths of 39 people, I would be very critical of them. I am not sure the point you are making justifies the belittling of that tragedy.

Thank you for your thoughtful and personal note. I have taken a little time to respond.

You would feel the same if you supported any other club. Fans are people and as people all of them are different...some set in their ways...others very open minded.

Yes. My point is that I have realised that Spurs fans are as bad if not worse than other clubs. I had believed Spurs fans were different. I once had a long argument with Arsenal fans who claimed that the Spurs fanbase (in comparison with other fanbases) was out of touch, irrelevant, old school, bigoted and did not reflect the values of a great, diverse, modern city. I am now more inclined to agree with them.

I agree pointless arguing on here about whether Spurs should sign Aurier. It is more useful speaking with Donna Cullen about how signing Aurier flies in the face of all Spurs' equality and inclusion statements, petitioning Amber Rudd and encouraging Stonewall to make representations on this matter to the Home Office and the club.

As for the question as to whether there needs to be an argument about homophobia on this board. I think there does.

i don''t think people need to make homophobic jokes.

i do not know what you said but I do know that you show genuine remorse for those things. My problem is that Aurier has not shown remorse. Instead he has tried to deny and minimise his actions (promoted ad nauseam by the Aurier apologists). As you say, some people do not want to change i see nothing from Aurier that says he is genuinely remorseful or wants to change.

I am not in full agreement with you on this. Nor do I want to play policeman. That is Milo's job. I do think that it is important to speak out when you see homophobia, racism or other forms of injustice. On the other hand, I should expect criticism (and ultimately to be banned) for rocking the boat, confronting long held beliefs, and shining a light in the face of some pretty mouldy views on here.

If you can not see the scarcely disguised homophobia running through this thread then you are in denial.

As for your point about my ego, whether it is right or not, it does not change the strong argument against Spurs signing this bigot.

For me, he should not be signed unless he shows genuine remorse for his actions rather than minimise and deny them. i would rather lose a few more points, give a loyal servant and a young player a chance, than have an unrepentant bigot in a Spurs side.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Personal qualities aside, Aurier is truly a top-class right-back, of the calibre I doubted we would ever sign. For this to be so near completion is excellent news to me.

Cue the transfer falling through.

Thank you for your thoughtful and personal note. I have taken a little time to respond.

Yes. My point is that I have realised that Spurs fans are as bad if not worse than other clubs. I had believed Spurs fans were different. I once had a long argument with Arsenal fans who claimed that the Spurs fanbase (in comparison with other fanbases) was out of touch, irrelevant, old school, bigoted and did not reflect the values of a great, diverse, modern city. I am now more inclined to agree with them.

I agree pointless arguing on here about whether Spurs should sign Aurier. It is more useful speaking with Donna Cullen about how signing Aurier flies in the face of all Spurs' equality and inclusion statements, petitioning Amber Rudd and encouraging Stonewall to make representations on this matter to the Home Office and the club.

As for the question as to whether their needs to an argument about homophobia on this board. I think there does.

i don''t think people need to make homophobic jokes.

i do not know what you said but I do know that you show genuine remorse for those things. My problem is that Aurier has not shown remorse. Instead he has tried to deny and minimise his actions (promoted ad nauseam by the Aurier apologists). As you say, some people do not want to change i see nothing from Aurier that says he is genuinely remorseful or wants to change.

I am not in full agreement with you on this. Nor do I want to play policeman. That is Milo's job. I do think that it is important to speak out when you see homophobia, racism or other forms of injustice. On the other hand, I should expect criticism (and ultimately to be banned) for rocking the boat, confronting long held beliefs, and shining a light in the face of some pretty mouldy views on here.

If you can not see the scarcely disguised homophobia running through this thread then you are in denial.

As you for your point about my ego, whether it is right or not, it does not change the strong argument against Spurs signing this bigot.

For me, he should not be signed unless he shows genuine remorse for his actions rather than minimise and deny them. i would rather lose a few more points, give a loyal servant and a young player a chance, than have an unrepentant bigot in a Spurs side.

Thanks for listening.

How many posts have you written regarding football vs how many re. Gay rights?

Is the tripe about arsenal supposed to make us feel ashamed? Here's the kicker:

Some Frankie Howard like quips don't equal homophobia. If anything it shows how comfortable modern fans are with notions of gayness. Someone using a disparaging term - in French - doesn't mean they are homophobic. It is slanderous to call someone homophobic when you have no clear evidence of homophobia.

It's a bit 'the only gay on the board' - we know you're not the only gay person on here!

One thing rationally highlighting important issues to ensure Spurs is open and accepting, quite another calling everyone who alludes to anything remotely gay as a homophobe!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back