• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

I don't think Tripps did much wrong sunday, he took up advanced positions regularly, his heat map will make him look like a RW

if our plan A was to feed him in good areas we did a very bad job of it
He crossed the ball a lot. Either he or Poch got that one wrong

He crossed the ball a lot. Either he or Poch got that one wrong
Top form he would have produced maybe two or three outstanding goal-scoring chances through his crosses and defence-splitting passes. His assists-rate proves that.

Problem is he is yet to reach top form so far this term.

Since the rose debacle jenas has been a bit more critical imv.
We do lack pace, but look at Liverpool, pace right through the team yet they struggle when teams do what Chelsea did.
Pace isn't the answer to everything.

The word pace is being thrown around as the new ' buzz' word by a lot of fans over the last few months, i agree that pace is handy but its not any more important then any of the other ingredients of the game. It seems to me that i hear/read a lot of fans saying that because we do not have that much pace we will struggle in some games, its not always true.

It's not a buzz word, everyone has generally agreed that to succeed in the PL you need some pace in the team, whether thats runners from deep, full backs or wingers you need it somewhere due to the pace of the league. I can't think of a single successful team in the PL that hasn't had either pace or someone who can run with the ball (or both).

Top form he would have produced maybe two or three outstanding goal-scoring chances through his crosses and defence-splitting passes. His assists-rate proves that.

Problem is he is yet to reach top form so far this term.
Crosses aren't outstanding goal scoring chances no matter how good they are.

He would have created two or three crosses that would get an uneducated crowd excited, but little more than that.

He would have created two or three crosses that would get an uneducated crowd excited, but little more than that.
Knowing you Scara I don't doubt you can come up with some telling mathematical analysis to prove your point. :cool:

All I'm saying is if you are going to cross the ball then Trippier in top form is your man.

Can we pleeeeeeeease have a crosses thread? To accompany the corners thread? I don't think we need a throw-ins thread though. I'm not crazy.

Can we pleeeeeeeease have a crosses thread? To accompany the corners thread? I don't think we need a throw-ins thread though. I'm not crazy.

I am sure they are those who will quote stats at you over them, i suppose it depends on what angle they are try to push. ;)

But better not to in the first place.

Dude you are bordering on dogmatic about this crosses point. Does any of the analysis you base your opinion on take into account how much easier it is to cross the ball than to play through-balls through the middle? Or how the crossing situation affects your chances of scoring? Or how good the crosser is at crossing?

And how did you feel when we beat Chelsea 2-0 through 2 Eriksen crosses, or when Trippier got 5 assists last season in 6 starts, mostly from crosses?

Reactions: DTA
If we sign Aurier, then Trippier will go back to being a good squad player until KWP is ready to take that role.

Back