• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Looks good in that vid (unsurprisingly) .

All Ajax players come with good technique and a good level of tactical nous if they have come through the academy. Has he?

He came to Ajax at the age of 20, but as you say he would have gone through the Ajax way in the time he has been there.

Never heard of him before. I'll be honest and say that, how many people will join me in saying that? But if Pochettino wants him here then I'll trust the signing.

He came to Ajax at the age of 20, but as you say he would have gone through the Ajax way in the time he has been there.
His WIKIPedia page is good https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davinson_Sánchez
Davinson Sánchez Mina (born 12 June 1996) is a Colombian professional footballer who plays as a centre back for Eredivisie club Ajax. Also considered the Chinese Ledley King. He is most known for being the latest football player that Danny Rose Google searched. Fun fact: Lives in the same city in Columbia that Paul Merson gets his cocaine from.
:D

Ha ha. Someone changed it.

Davinson Sánchez Mina (born 12 June 1996) is a Colombian chef who currently works as the head chef at the Ledley Peking restaurant is also Ledley's idol and loves a Chick King after matches now and again.

Last edited:
Apparently turned down Barcelona because he didn't want to play for their reserves. We can't guarantee him a place in the side either, so we'll see about this one ...

Apparently turned down Barcelona because he didn't want to play for their reserves. We can't guarantee him a place in the side either, so we'll see about this one ...
Young players dream to join us can't be many more desirable teams in the world to join, we give players a chance and compete while doing it. Dortmund maybe

Would be perfect on the right side of the back 3 once he gets settled into playing in the Premier League.

Watching him in the Europa final he is much quicker than Vertonghen and Alderweireld. That's were our defensive problems lie - balls in between the defence on the huge Wembley pitch. Made some great recovery runs outpacing Rashford and Lingard.

Importantly he can ping a ball forward with accuracy. Something which Wimmer and Carter Vickers are missing.

He's a strong lad too. I remember him pushing Pogba and Fellaini off the ball.

I've only really seen him in the Europa League, he looks very fast and athletic. If Poch wants to play a back 3 most of the time, then he'd be a good signing. Towards the end of last season, it looked to me like Wanyama can fulfil the Dembele role in the team, with Dier alongside him. Sanchez could then slot in on the right of the back 3. Dembele rotates in and out of the team, Dier able to play in defence or we go to a back four if we get a few injuries at centre half.

Freeing up Dier with this kind of signing strengthens defence and midfield for us in one hit. Would be a smart move imo.

We have to be careful. The Dutch league is very poor right now. Hard to assess a player's true ability as weve seen with Jansen

However we've done well with Verts and Eriksen so hopefully the good luck continues with another Ajax player possibly coming over to us.

There's the Dutch league and then there's Ajax. We do very well with ex-Ajax players (Edgar Davids, Rafa VdV, Eriksen, Toby, Vertonghen...not to mention Harry could/should have signed Suarez!)

Potential!!......he has no PL experience

In the Poch years, it seems like we've done pretty well with the non-Prem experience signings. Somewhere around 50% success rate with a few massive hits. While the Prem-ready players (non-Sissoko) are generally safer, I really back Poch on Sanchez, if it happens. Also, remember that clubs like Barca have been linked with him, and he's considered one of the best CB prospects in world football. Would much so much rather pay for him — let him learn under two of the best CBs in England — than for a known quantity who is probably already near their (not very high) peak like Maguire or Gibson.

Players with prem experience: 2 big hits (Ald, VW), 2 solid signings (KT, BD), 1 meh (MV), 1 flop (MS)
Players without: 3 big hits (Dier, Dele, Son), 1 solid (KW), 2 meh (VJ, GKN), 3 flops (N'jie, Fazio, Stam)

There's the Dutch league and then there's Ajax. We do very well with ex-Ajax players (Edgar Davids, Rafa VdV, Eriksen, Toby, Vertonghen...not to mention Harry could/should have signed Suarez!)

This, the Ajax academy is one of the best around ( and has been for years), this guy has only been there for a year so has not been through since being a kid. However he has pace and that is a big plus for CB's ( King, he who should not be named, )

Never heard of him before. I'll be honest and say that, how many people will join me in saying that? But if Pochettino wants him here then I'll trust the signing.

I had never heard of him either, but then I had also never heard of Dier

Bang on the money, Ajax develop players so much better then the other teams. Also as much as I love our ex Ajax contingent, but if we had got Suarez, in that team with bale and VDV we would have won the league.

Not even joking i remember saying to my mate at the final that he looked "boss" had to relate to the bloody northerners ...

Looked tidy and a real athlete. However he didn't do anything amazing either. Just played basic but well.

Back