• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Going bald ...

Daisuk

Les Medley
So ever since I was 23 or something I've gradually lost more and more hair, and I've never really cared much, up until a couple of years ago when it started getting quite bad. Now I have almost a full moon up there, and it just doesn't look good. I try to shave my head as often as possible, but after a month or so it just looks terrible.

Are there anyone here that have tried any sort of products that actually work against balding? I've heard that there supposedly are things that should work, but don't know what to trust.

It's not super important, but would be nice to give it a pop. :)

In the last year noticed I am thinning, gutted, hoped I had my maternal line.

Nothing you can do really, all the potions are largely a con... Was told a transplant is only £1000 in turkey

Reactions: DTA
In the last year noticed I am thinning, gutted, hoped I had my maternal line.

Nothing you can do really, all the potions are largely a con... Was told a transplant is only £1000 in turkey
Rooney got a transplant, didn't he? It looked alright for a while but his remaining hair is falling out now just leaving the transplanted bits. He needs a top up. I think Eriksen got one too which looks ok I guess. It must be hard for young guys to go prematurely bald.

I wear one of these

I try to wear a hat also, but can't always wear it inside.
A transplant is out of the question, but thanks for the tip!

It's really not a big issue, but it annoys me a bit sometimes looking at myself in the mirror (or especially on pictures other people have taken, hah).

I try to wear a hat also, but can't always wear it inside.
A transplant is out of the question, but thanks for the tip!

It's really not a big issue, but it annoys me a bit sometimes looking at myself in the mirror (or especially on pictures other people have taken, hah).

Hell i have been shaving my head for years and always remember this.

upload_2017-8-12_0-20-50.jpeg

Just shave your head all the time. Or spray paint it, maybe join the blue man group.

tobias_funke+Blue+Man.jpg

Mate, my maternal granddad was completely bald at 20 - he passed it on to both me and my younger brother, but it showed up in different ways. I started losing my hair a couple of years ago, but my brother's greying out, and he's still in university.

I didn't really try particularly hard to stop it or reverse it, because I felt like it was inevitable - hell, I felt mildly grateful that at least fate had been kind enough to allow me to keep my hair into my mid twenties and past my days as a reckless student. But what I did try, didn't work. Rogaine and similar stuff, for the most part. So I agree with @r-u-s-x01 - that stuff's mostly a con.

Shaving your head becomes second nature after a while, and the hat eventually loses its importance as you end up automatically adjusting yourself so that you look better bald than you did with hair. Other than that, wait for science, if you're still bothered by it - someone out there is 100% doing some research that may filter down into viable treatments some 10-15 years from now. ;)

Mate, my maternal granddad was completely bald at 20 - he passed it on to both me and my younger brother, but it showed up in different ways. I started losing my hair a couple of years ago, but my brother's greying out, and he's still in university.

I didn't really try particularly hard to stop it or reverse it, because I felt like it was inevitable - hell, I felt mildly grateful that at least fate had been kind enough to allow me to keep my hair into my mid twenties and past my days as a reckless student. But what I did try, didn't work. Rogaine and similar stuff, for the most part. So I agree with @r-u-s-x01 - that stuff's mostly a con.

Shaving your head becomes second nature after a while, and the hat eventually loses its importance as you end up automatically adjusting yourself so that you look better bald than you did with hair. Other than that, wait for science, if you're still bothered by it - someone out there is 100% doing some research that may filter down into viable treatments some 10-15 years from now. ;)

Thanks for chipping in. :) Yeah, I've been shaving my head regularly for a few years already. I just need to do it more often now. It's actually not a big problem, I should just make a routine out of shaving the head every other week or so. :)

Thanks for chipping in. :) Yeah, I've been shaving my head regularly for a few years already. I just need to do it more often now. It's actually not a big problem, I should just make a routine out of shaving the head every other week or so. :)

That's 90% of it right there. The other 10% comes automatically once it becomes a habit, I've found - you adjust your posture, clothes and overall grooming to compensate, and you usually end up looking a bit better overall than you did when you had hair, just by subconsciously adapting to the fact.

Or, alternately, email Levy and ask him how he keeps his dome so bloody impeccable. I have a...complex view of the man as a chairman, but goddamn if I don't admire how seamlessly well-maintained his dome is. He's slim, short and bald, and he pulls off that combo better than almost anyone else I've seen. ;)

Dont know how much hair you have but consider using Nanogen Fibres. I've got very thin hair all over but my crown in particular is pretty much gone. I sprinkle the fibres into the crown and it blends well with the rest of my hair. Its a life saver. As long as you have a bit of hair it works well.

If you are shaving your hair down to a 1 or 2 all over you could consider scalp micro pigmentation. Its like a hair tattoo but doesn't go quite as deep. It gives the appearance of a shaved head. Ive got a scar at the back of my head and used this method to cover it up as i like to keep a short back and sides. Worked really well and camouflaged my scar. Ive seen patients getting their full head done and i think it looks great. The likes of Andros Townsend & Kaboul have had it done.

Other options:
Hair transplant
system
Proscar/Propecia drug will help slow down any further loss. There are some side effects, but that's the same with any drug.

when it comes to drugs or rogaine, its basically a life treatment, the moment you stop you risk losing anything you gained.

Like others have said. Accept it and wait for a cure. Grow a beard/stubble and bulk up in the gym. Get more stlish and you may end up looking better than ever before.

if you do anything above just keep your expectations realistic. I've seen different people get hair transplants and all have had different results. Its all about the donor hair and physiology on that person.

Back