• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Parker or Sandro?

Who's better?

• Total voters
Nice decision for our new manager to have to make 'Parker or Sandro' , both on their day are magnificent but going forward Sandro offers that bit more but against the better teams he isn't so effective defensively .If managed correctly (and that is the key) they could be rotated with real impact

COYS

Sandro is good when he's good (sub appearance vs Arse at home and today) but bad when he's bad.

They both have a part to play. Crucial position for us so happy to see the two rotated to keep them both fresh.

Parker was being run into the ground.

Sandro still has a lot to learn, can have some shockers. No doubting his ability though, today he was awesome and says something that my hard-core Gooner supporting neighbour praises him on a regular basis as a player spurs need to keep long-term. But glad to have both Sandro and Parker.

Sandro, reads the game a lot better and makes some great forward runs

He also has had mare of games in the past but people forget all that being on the high he had a great game today.

Parker has had far more better games over a long run than Sandro has in my opinon.

Both have their uses in the squad and should be rotated to suit fitness/form and the opposition we are playing against.

Sandro was out for while and is now only back up to race temperature. Sandro will go on to be one of the best players in the world in his position. His potential is staggering.

Parker's been brilliant but has gone off the boil in the last few months (who hasn't I suppose).

Just watched his run at the start of the game again, what a beast. I remember someone on here trying to tell me he's the slowest player in the league :)

I think the key is using them both. Parker is in the final years of his career and Sandro is in the relevant infancy of his. Other the next season or two I would expect parker to be used less and sandro used more. I don't think sandro is yet ready to play every game though

Sandro. It's a no brainer. There's no area of the game in which Parker is superior to Sandro aside from the attribute of being a triffic lad. Even in terms of positioning and awareness, which you'd expect a more experienced player like Parker to win, Sandro is much better.

Sandro. It's a no brainer. There's no area of the game in which Parker is superior to Sandro aside from the attribute of being a triffic lad. Even in terms of positioning and awareness, which you'd expect a more experienced player like Parker to win, Sandro is much better.

Workrate.

Sandro's poor performances have been down to him being in and out of the side, unable to get any rhythm going and not being helped by injuries. Plus it's usually alongside Parker and Modric, rather than just Modric.

Sandro is excellent when it comes to distribution and not holding onto the ball too long. Scotty P has been excellent, but right now, we need to get the ball forward faster, and Sandro is our man...

After a performance like that it would be very harsh on Sandro to drop him for our next game. Will be interesting to see what Harry does.

I'm glad we have both of them, we need to use both of them - just rarely at the same time.

I love Parker, and believe that if it wasn't for him our early season form would not have been possible, however I believe that Sandro is the better player technically, and has huge potential.

Exactly. It's just a stick to beat Parker with. Rather than celebrating the fact we have two excellent defensive central midfielders, we have to try and belittle one in a direct way. Apparently we aren't allowed to like both.

As for Sandro's performance today, was superb. But it did tail off a bit when Blackburn changed their formation 25 minutes into the game and Sandro had less space to operate in. But defensively, Sandro was simply faultless today and deserves to start the next game in front of Parker if Parker is fit. Don't change a winning team.....

if i did that comment to parker you'd go off on one, very hypocritical of you i feel.

but you dingdong on sandro too when you have the chance. whenever you praise parker you make sure a little bit of sandro's footablling ailments is there to be seen, either that or you claim its a favouritism

and quite frankly i do agree that this thread appears to be premature after yet another typical sandro at DM performance...but you need to get over this paranoia that people are out to get parker at every turn and stop raising the heat in anything parker related.

Workrate.

sandro pukes his guts out for our team. i dont think work rate is the issue..i think its more mobility (not agility) and tempo se throughout matches. you get the feeling that parker is able to keep up a quicker higher tempo pressing game throughout the match than sandro.

sandro 'looks' more laboured, but i think his positioning is at the very least just as good as parker and very possibly better than parker's , so in a way he doesnt have to move around as much (if you get my meaning)

its a tough question this thread and shouldnt have come in the first game sandro has been the primary DM in the starting 11 for some time, and also one of his best performances.

but for the sheer contribution over the course of the season and the level of 'consistency' he gives during games....i would go with parker and jus hope he distributes the ball faster without trying to get too clever. even though i think sandro is the better player as a DM

Back