• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Salah is a good signing but the transfer fee is huge

They have some serious speed up top now. Thankfully their brick defence will hold them back but I think they will perform well this coming season.
sala scored against us didn't he.
hope to see poch develop a sit back and counter fast gameplan we can switch to. when he arrived he used to speak about the importance of quick transitions. we've seen glimpses of it, but our attack so far has been more about possession and options rather than speed.

Last summer Tottenham called someone who works for Schalke and enquired politely about the availability of Max Meyer, and the German club informed them that it would take £39m to prise him out of their clammy grasp. This summer they tried again, and were apparently informed that the asking price had fallen to a giveaway £17.5m, a result of the 21-year-old’s refusal to sign a new contract to replace the one that expires next summer. This is music to Tottenham-shaped ears, and further buoyed by the belief that Liverpool’s capture of Mo Salah takes them out of the market, the Londoners are ready to make their move. Plus they want the Fiorentina midfielder Matias Vecino.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nsfer-rumour-mill-tottenham-schalke-max-meyer

Why would we want to sign him? I do not see how he improves us? He has zero pace and managed just 1 goal and 2 assists in 24 appearances. He does not give us anything different nor is he better than what we already have. I would rather give Marcus Edwards a shot

I wonder how many of the players we've been linked to this summer that we're actually interested in. I'd imagine maybe 2-3 of the ones mentioned. It seems everyone and their dog is on their way to us.

I am almost certain that we will have scouted and assessed a great number of players on a level that is more than superficial. Of those, a fair percentage would have been followed up with tentative enquiries with agent or club about availability and likely demands. Not to say that we are firmly interested and readying a bid, but just to have ground-work in place and contingency plans ready.
It seems the sensible thing to do.

sala scored against us didn't he.
hope to see poch develop a sit back and counter fast gameplan we can switch to. when he arrived he used to speak about the importance of quick transitions. we've seen glimpses of it, but our attack so far has been more about possession and options rather than speed.

Wouldn't surprise me if we saw that this season. Each season it seems as if the formula has been enhanced with an improved game plan. I know we we are near maximum efficiency, but if we can work through alternate strategies and tactics, then this will support our strength even if it does not improve our efficiency. Our strength being thought of in terms of options, whilst efficiency is thought of in terms of game end result.

Why would we want to sign him? I do not see how he improves us? He has zero pace and managed just 1 goal and 2 assists in 24 appearances. He does not give us anything different nor is he better than what we already have. I would rather give Marcus Edwards a shot

Meyer is an excellent footballer who will:
  • Provide cover for Eriksen
  • Be an extremely useful squad player
  • Help us break down dogged defences, by having an additional #10

As for his 1 goal and 2 assists last season, he scored 6, 5 and 5 in the previous 3 - last year was a blip for all of Schalke. I assume no team should ever look to Jermain Defoe as a striker, as in 2010/11 he scored only 4 league goals for a CL team?

Meyer is an excellent footballer who will:
  • Provide cover for Eriksen
  • Be an extremely useful squad player
  • Help us break down dogged defences, by having an additional #10

As for his 1 goal and 2 assists last season, he scored 6, 5 and 5 in the previous 3 - last year was a blip for all of Schalke. I assume no team should ever look to Jermain Defoe as a striker, as in 2010/11 he scored only 4 league goals for a CL team?

I would honestly hope we can get better than him. I will be guttered f he ends up being a major signing for us this season. And no, I do not think he has ever done enough in his career to be described as an excellent footballer

Is there a date when Nike becomes our official shirt deal? Cause a rumour has it that any deals or signing we have, will not be released till then so they are photos in the new shirt

Is there a date when Nike becomes our official shirt deal? Cause a rumour has it that any deals or signing we have, will not be released till then so they are photos in the new shirt

1st July is the date a new deal kicks in. I believe that all contracts be it player, coach, supplier are all geared to June 30th finish dates as a PL requirement to keep everything uniform. Sometimes teams release earlier than that if they are changing supplier but that would involve coming to an agreement with the current provider and obviously if they felt they had got rid of enough stock that would then become worthless as a result of new deal.

TOTTENHAM and bitter rivals Arsenal are battling for versatile Charlton defender Ezra Konsa. The 19-year-old was a member of England’s World Cup-winning Under-20 squad. (Sunday Mirror)

Ross Barkley is ready to leave Everton to save his England career (The Sun)

Spurs are eyeing Argentina U20 central defender Juan Foyth and would need to pay his club Estudiantes about £5m to trigger his release clause (Sunday People)

I wonder how many of the players we've been linked to this summer that we're actually interested in. I'd imagine maybe 2-3 of the ones mentioned. It seems everyone and their dog is on their way to us.

Compared to the old days of Tim, Harry and Glenn when we were linked to every man that could tie his shoelaces?

Nowdays, for every single "rumour" to Tottenham there are 10 to Chelsea, 12 to Scum, 34 to Pool and 136 to ManU.

I would honestly hope we can get better than him. I will be guttered f he ends up being a major signing for us this season. And no, I do not think he has ever done enough in his career to be described as an excellent footballer
I believe we were saying the same about Timo Werner a few years ago. Goes to show how little anyone knows about how a player can evolve.

I believe we were saying the same about Timo Werner a few years ago. Goes to show how little anyone knows about how a player can evolve.

He is someone I mentioned about 6 months ago as perfect example of a player getting a chance to flourish

Genuinely have no idea how good he is but you can't argue with what he is now doing at RBL

It's such a quiet transfer market. I think the inflated prices are putting clubs off from doing deals.

It is for us! I was thinking of posting a poll about when our first signing will be:
- before pre-season?
- before Aug 1?
- before first league game?
- Aug 31st?

Back