• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Hopefully the Facebook video is a sign that all is not lost - the club's social media team have been pretty good here
I am just disappointing that Walker (or his agent) did not have the decency to wait until the summer to let this story come out. If there was no element of truth I think player or agent would have made some public pronouncement by now.

Anybody who still thinks this is some baseless rumour without foundation has to be very naive.

Yeah, very disappointing it's had to come out now, and that any disagreements couldn't be handled behind closed doors at least until the season ends. There's a chance the club, Poch, is happy for Walker to go which is why this story has been allowed to fester, but damn...3 weeks and this all could have been done much more easily...could Walker not take the embarrassment that he wasn't picked for Chelsea?

More fool Walker and his agents I say. Sell him abroad. Get him out.

Brilliant press conference by Poch, he came across very well, confidence with the right amount of humour. Come to think of it I cannot ever remember ever hearing Poch bitch or whinge during a press conference.

Quite so. Although sometimes when his words are just reported they can be given a very different interpretation to when you watch him speaking and see his expression and hear the intonation.
IN common with so much public speaking, I suppose!

Brilliant press conference by Poch, he came across very well, confidence with the right amount of humour. Come to think of it I cannot ever remember ever hearing Poch bitch or whinge during a press conference.

A maestro, indeed, conducting this media assembly of squeaky fiddles and squawking horns. Anyone know who's the plum asking all the questions at the beginning?

You'd have to be a complete fool to offend Pochettino or the club at this stage by persistently piszing them off with silly questions that won't be answered. If you ask good questions, you'll get good answers and great quotes.

If this is true, as it would appear, then he can fudge off. I have no time for any player who isn't loyal to the club. I can understand that players won't be as loyal as us, but I only want players who have their heart at the club to be playing at the club. Thanks Kyle Walker for your time here, but if you want to go, just go already.

If this is true, as it would appear, then he can fudge off. I have no time for any player who isn't loyal to the club. I can understand that players won't be as loyal as us, but I only want players who have their heart at the club to be playing at the club. Thanks Kyle Walker for your time here, but if you want to go, just go already.

Get your passport walks and walk into the sunset.

I do think he's off but as I've mentioned elsewhere, it's not the end of the world

If two or three clubs want him we can use this to our advantage.

United want him? We want Rashford and Shaw in return - they don't want that deal - then they don't get that player

Again, Poch won't let anything interfere with the last 4 games. He has done a GREAT job developing the 'Fergie-they're-against-us' mentality in the BEST possible way, and furthermore, it is clear that he does feel we are targeted for mischief and tap-ups. He won't allow it to happen unchallenged any ore. Look at what he said about the Battle of The Bridge recently, and look at how masterfully he handles repeated ruour-mongering. He leaves plenty of space between the lines to gauge what he's saying. It's actually great...my only major concern with this age is that he also represents Rose (and to be clear I do NOT think he is potentially fishing for a move whatsoever). But one of the best things is we will only do what we want to do and we can afford to take that position. We are also one of the biggest attractions in European football right now. A final consideration...how many games, in total, did our first-choice (and admittedly WORLD-CLASS) wing-back waiting start and complete a match? The numbers are relatively low. In Poch I Trust.

Doesn't look good, in terms of retaining him.But, as said, look at every position since Poch has arrived, and we have best in class pretty much, for our starting 11.
Poch has created 11 or more top draw "winners", for each position, in such a short space of time, compared to the imbalance we had prior to his tenure.
So Kyle, if you are reading this, and the rumours are true.. we don't want you to go, you're very highly rated. And deservedly so... but, Poch WILL replace you and develop another, 1 position will be a doddle in comparison to what he's achieved so far.
Going elsewhere could result in a fast track decline within 2 years'. Remember Stephen Carr..
Swallow your pride and don't live to regret it.

If it's all BS.. my apologies :D

For me it is not that he wants to leave, but rather allowing this to come out when we are still battling for the title. The season ends in 3 weeks, he could have waited until then.

Most of the players don't have their heart at the club.
At this moment in time they like playing for a great coach & a club heading in the right direction. they may grow to love the club but at the end of the day it's a job & if the right opportunity comes along they will go. we might not like it but loyalty & love for football clubs died years ago.

for us fans it's completely different we love Tottenham to our very core & nothing could ever change that.

Its a chicken and egg was he dropped for something specific or did the dropping lead to his agent putting it out there.A lot is expected by Poch from the right and left wing backs.If you can get more money for a easier gig then of course he will pursue it.I am sure players have been put off coming here by the harder training regime.Young players can handle it and they don't know any better but older players will resist and maybe he just wants to play right back rather than right wing back.We can always find replacements and if city want him i would ask for that young striker with the unspellable name as part of the deal and we can sell Janssen whilst he still has value

would you say this if it were alli or kane?

personally i would like him to stay, we should do what we can to keep this core together

would you say this if it were alli or kane?

personally i would like him to stay, we should do what we can to keep this core together

He's not integral in my opinion.. I'd class Alli and Kane as indispensible. I'd add Eriksen, Alderweireld and Lloris to that list, possibly Rose.

Any other player in our squad can be moved on if they're not fully committed to the cause. We have Trippier available to step in without too much worry.

We'll have no problem attracting a quality replacement (especially once Levy goes to town on his valuation) and I'm sure that's how Poch views it too.

What has actually come out, or "doesn't look good" here? I've gone back a few pages and can't see anything new coming out. Is it just the paper stories that are concerning people, or are there quotes now?

Back