• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

No, Tie between De Gea and Foster, Courtois probably edges out Hugo also.

Opinions mate .. can't agree

Da Gea is a highlights reel keeper (makes brick look purposely spectacular)
Foster is a brilliant shot stopper who makes mistakes
Courtois? the guy who got beaten from half line by Charlie Adams?

If you wanted to argue Buffon & Nuer (yes, not this league), I could say their level is there, but could find recent howlers way beyond Hugo even in last 6-12 months

When did you ever see Clements or Banks make errors like Lloris did on Saturday? Now they were world class

I just want you to confirm a couple of things

First ...You are saying that Clements and Banks NEVER made a single error like Lloris did in their ENTIRE footballing career and therefore are world class?;) (which actually leads on to the next point)
Second....to be world class you can never ever make a mistake like that in your career

Does this not mean then that potentially there has never ever been a world class keeper since the two you mentioned? If indeed they never made a mistake of that ilk in their whole careers:)

if that is indeed your criteria for world class then who am i to argue, Lloris falls well short.:(

But for me in TODAY's game Lloris is quite frankly one of the best Goal Keepers in the world

I would sign Pickford in the Summer, and use next season the blood him into the club.

I love Hugo, but he his number of errors seems to have increased a lot this season - maybe because we concede so few goals each one is looked at in depth.

I respectfully and politely disagree with this 100%.

The idea that we should replace Lloris with Pickford is just so odd i dont even know where to start.....why? what for? what does pickford bring to the table that lloris cant 10 fold ?

what vast increase of errors are you talking about exactly? does it happen every game? did it happen against arsenal? or palace? or is it few and far between ?

At first i thought this was a bit of a knee jerk thing but there are people that are actually thinking that Lloris is no good for us.

money says that they want Gomes back in between the sticks or better there will be no alternatives offered up to replace him

I respectfully and politely disagree with this 100%.

The idea that we should replace Lloris with Pickford is just so odd i dont even know where to start.....why? what for? what does pickford bring to the table that lloris cant 10 fold ?

what vast increase of errors are you talking about exactly? does it happen every game? did it happen against arsenal? or palace? or is it few and far between ?

Sorry, I think my point came across wrong,

Sign Pickford and blood him for the future - be it 18/19 or not.

Sorry, I think my point came across wrong,

Sign Pickford and blood him for the future - be it 18/19 or not.

As Gutter Boy says, we seem to have Lopez for that already.
he's now had a season behind the scenes working with our coaches and imbibing the ethos of the club. We shall see if we pick up the option now to retain him. If so, then that'll be the definitive answer about our keeper succession plan.
And McGee will probably be sold.

I just want you to confirm a couple of things

First ...You are saying that Clements and Banks NEVER made a single error like Lloris did in their ENTIRE footballing career and therefore are world class?;) (which actually leads on to the next point)
Second....to be world class you can never ever make a mistake like that in your career

Does this not mean then that potentially there has never ever been a world class keeper since the two you mentioned? If indeed they never made a mistake of that ilk in their whole careers:)

if that is indeed your criteria for world class then who am i to argue, Lloris falls well short.:(

But for me in TODAY's game Lloris is quite frankly one of the best Goal Keepers in the world

'Errors' plural. Not never ever making an error. I'm talking about multiple blunders in a single match, I'm talking about performances such as City away.

ah you clarified , i should probably read through this thread before commenting again

same questions apply though..they never made a series of mistakes in a game ? etc etc etc

Not as often as Lloris. Did you notice he had another little wobble on Saturday with his distribution? For some odd reason, he goes through little periods in games, where he seems to lose focus and this places un-due pressure on the back four. I'll reiterate, Lloris is a very good keeper, but not world class because of this IMO.

What game was that?o_O

First half he made some odd distribution decisions. Often he holds on to the ball for too long and then telegraphs his intentions and this places the receiver under pressure. often it happens in a lull, particularly when he has had little to do. Lloris like most keepers I guesss, performs best when busy.

I don't see replacement of Lloris as a priority, what is he 29? He should be able to play to a very high standard into his 40's if he so chooses. He is fit and looks after himself. We could invest funds more efficiently elsewhere.

First half he made some odd distribution decisions. Often he holds on to the ball for too long and then telegraphs his intentions and this places the receiver under pressure. often it happens in a lull, particularly when he has had little to do. Lloris like most keepers I guesss, performs best when busy.

Did you mean the Arsenal game that was played on SUNDAY?

How quickly we forget ... a few comments on this nonsense

- PSG would gladly buy Lloris in a heartbeat if we chose to sell, as would probably a couple other of the world's big clubs, should be enough validation of his quality
- How quickly we forget the decades of misery with the keeping position, there is no upgrade we could afford or would come to Spurs ..
- Lloris is not only a world class keeper (he's now at 15 clean sheets for season), he's a big part of the spirit and loyalty of this team, the fact that he stuck around after Sherwood still amazes me.

Back