• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Well from what i have seen of them both ( on the pitch) i would say Keane. It all depends on who Poch wants that matters.

Keane is good in the air. Very good actually. He reminds me of Tony Adams

Maguire reminds me of Jan but for the other side

Did anyone here watch Chelsea vs Hull??? He was the best player on the pitch in defence and attack

Potential yes, but he's 24 and at a similar age to some of our current emerging stars. And quite a bit behind them in his development.

How much would you be happy to see us spend on him?

Personally, within reason, I'm kind of over transfer fees now, if Zaha is our first choice target for that area and we can afford him whilst still being able to get our other first choice targets then get him in - we took Sissoko as possibly our 3rd choice target (behind Mane and Wijnaldum) and we have tried bargain punts like N'koudou and N'jie - none of which have worked out (so far at least)

Keane is good in the air. Very good actually. He reminds me of Tony Adams

Maguire reminds me of Jan but for the other side

Did anyone here watch Chelsea vs Hull??? He was the best player on the pitch in defence and attack

I did not watch Chelsea v Hull ( i rarely watch other games except ours), again from what i have seen of them both against us i would go with Keane but they both look promising and as i say its who Poch want's ( if he does) that matters.

Personally, within reason, I'm kind of over transfer fees now, if Zaha is our first choice target for that area and we can afford him whilst still being able to get our other first choice targets then get him in - we took Sissoko as possibly our 3rd choice target (behind Mane and Wijnaldum) and we have tried bargain punts like N'koudou and N'jie - none of which have worked out (so far at least)
What is the range of reason for Zaha then? 50? 60?

I agree that if Pochettino has a clear first choice, regardless of fee and other targets aren't impacted then go for it. But I don't quite see why that would be the case with Zaha. For me that's a part of the conversation here. Is Zaha actually good enough, and a good enough fit, to be in that bracket?

Hmm, I think you are going a bit far here.

McGuire looks like a big unit like Steve Bruce... just a naturally big boned big lad who gets in the way of shots... are you saying he is skillful too, and can pass etc? Is he mobile enough or a bit of an oil tanker? It's hard for me to believe he could be good enough for us... his face is at least a yard wide

What is the range of reason for Zaha then? 50? 60?

I agree that if Pochettino has a clear first choice, regardless of fee and other targets aren't impacted then go for it. But I don't quite see why that would be the case with Zaha. For me that's a part of the conversation here. Is Zaha actually good enough, and a good enough fit, to be in that bracket?

I don't think he is, I think he's an option for us, would likely be lest impactful than Son.

20M in the stupid market we are in would be on the cheap, if we really are looking at 30M+, I'd rather go for someone else, promise of a higher ceiling potential.

Personally I hope we make 1 or max 2 signings in the summer. If our main formation is 3 at the back I'd like to see us sign a CB to replace Dier (so he can focus on CM). Whereas if it's 4 at the back I'd like to see us sign an AM to replace Sissoko (and maybe supplant Son in the pecking order).

I'd be happy with Keane and/or Zaha personally - young English players that could improve under Poch.

Our first team is brilliant, and we have good depth aside from the points above (I'd like to see us stick with Janssen for another year) - so I'd be happy without changing much for next season.

Without knowing the current scouting setup it's hard to say!
I don't see the benefits of DOF, for me a good scouting and management setup would I hope cover all the areas required. I'd love the job of a DOF as it looks like a nice cushy number, a good transfer 'manager' should with a good department structure do nicely.
The most important thing to note is that our best years have been without a DOF, whether with Harry or Poch!

The most important thing to note is that our best years have been without a DOF, whether with Harry or Poch!

The bulk of the better players were all signed under DoFs though - which both managers benefitted from greatly

I dont mind him however I still think that for the money he'd cost we should be able to find better. I'm not a football scout nor have a networks of scouts working for me to I cant come up with up a list of names, though Carasco at Athletico doesnt play every week for them and I think is excellent (plus is Belgian!)
I really want Ousmane Dembele, but is going to be more difficult as time goes by and price will escalate.
I would rather one top class game-breaker than 3 average gambles. I think it raises confidence and will serve us well in pressure games and against top teams, where we can be better.

The bulk of the better players were all signed under DoFs though - which both managers benefitted from greatly
Many signed by Harry were his signings, DOF was an innocent bystander doing the admin. Van see Vaart, Ade, Saha etc.

Poch has been there long enough to get players he wants, even if from Academy, without the DOF throwing a player/spanner in the works.

Is that a reason for the seeming squad harmony?

Many signed by Harry were his signings, DOF was an innocent bystander doing the admin. Van see Vaart, Ade, Saha etc.

Poch has been there long enough to get players he wants, even if from Academy, without the DOF throwing a player/spanner in the works.

Is that a reason for the seeming squad harmony?
There were loads of Comolli signings already at the club who were brick to begin with but turned out to be good players once Comolli had been sacked. Kaboul, Bale, Modric and Benny were all his doing among others I'm sure.

Comolli was great at spotting talent, just atrocious at buying for the first team. It's no surprise that as soon as he was binned, Harry got in Palacios - a signing we had needed since Davids left - and we suddenly looked twice the team. We certainly owe him a lot, though.

Back