• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

Admittedly true, but my reference point was the 2-0 win against the same opposition at the Lane - we coolly controlled and strangled them in a way that only one other team (United) have managed to do this season. Yet we concede 4 goals in 4 shots at Wembley, and never really look as assured as we do at the Lane against any opposition, big or small - except perhaps for Liverpool.

Simple fact is, it's the level of performance that we reach at the Lane that's allowing us to perform as we're currently doing - in the League, in the cups and so on. Any slip from that, however small, will impact our competitiveness. And I'm sure even you will allow that said slip is likely next season - it just won't be exactly the same at Wembley, no matter how much we wish it to be. The question is, will the slip be big enough to turn a competitive, relentlessly controlled 2-0 into a somewhat more fragile 4-2 loss?

One off cup games are very different to league games

And at the Lane the pressure was on them to set the record and we stopped that

These sides could potentially have some real historical battles going forward

Rose and Walker both on the pitch from the first minute. Winks off the bench. Massive factors mate.
This especially... the only game we've lost all season in which both our first choice FBs have started was that listless 0-1 at Old Trafford; which was after they'd both started 3 games in 8 days.

Rose + Walker starts (Won:10 Drawn:7 Lost:1 GF:35 GA:12)

Everton D1-1 away
Palace W1-0 home
Liverpool D1-1 home
Emirates Marketing Project W2-0 home
Bournemouth D0-0 away
Leicester D1-1 home
ARSEnal D1-1 away
West Ham W3-2 home
Swansea W5-0 home
CSKA Moscow W3-1 home
ManU L0-1 away
Hull W3-0 home
Burnley W2-1 home
Southampton W4-1 away
Chelsea W2-0 home
West Brom W4-0 home
Emirates Marketing Project D2-2 away
Sunderland D0-0 away

The only CL game with them both and it was a comfortable win. They are very important. I think we need a pacy option in reserve at LB. Davies has been good but he does not have the flamboyance of Rose.

And at the Lane the pressure was on them to set the record and we stopped that

These sides could potentially have some real historical battles going forward

So we're going to take turns equaling and then failing to beat records at the New Lane and the New Bridge all through the 2020's? Well, there are worse fates. ;)

I love the fact that MoPo refers to Xavi as his "enemy" and he makes it clear they don't like each other, which basically rubbishes Xavi's claims.

I would prefer it though if he called him a "complete Bell-End". That would really make me laugh!

Love Poch, sais all the right things and seems to have a strong loyalty to the clubs he has connections with. I believe him when he sais that he'd never manage Barcelona or Arsenal. I couldn't see him leaving for any rival club.

Love Poch, sais all the right things and seems to have a strong loyalty to the clubs he has connections with. I believe him when he sais that he'd never manage Barcelona or Arsenal. I couldn't see him leaving for any rival club.

He believes, his passion, his concern for players, belief in football is all real, all there to see.

I hope his career treats him kindly and he gets that bit of luck all the great managers need, it would be very sad to see him get the cynical side to him that some other managers have fallen in to later in their careers.

He's Magic you know!!!

Spurs have won 8 consecutive league games for the first time since 1960:
WWWWWWWW
Goals: 23
Conceded: 4
Clean sheets: 5

74 – Tottenham have won 74 points in the Premier League this season; their best ever return in the competition. Flourishing.

Poch - although I haven't totally forgiven you for saturdays team selection and result......but I just love how we always bounce back after a bad result. When we've had a poor result the team dosent get down and allow any negativity to carry on.

This is something that's improved so much under Poch. Get back out there and start again.

Had a look at the chelski forum, they are absolutely gutted at tonight's result:)

Last edited:
Back