• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

His general outlook and analysis is wise too

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ue-failure-success-is-a-process-a3518986.html

"At some other clubs, in England, France, Spain, Italy or Germany, they are used to winning a lot of trophies," Lloris told ESPN FC.

"They are big institutions and all the players respect those institutions.

"That's the way to follow, but you cannot arrive one day and say, 'I want to change everything', and then win.

"You need to take time, build up something strong step-by-step, and you need to live through experiences.

"Even like this season - in the Champions League it was a failure but we need to go through this kind of moment to improve. It's a process."

"Around me I feel players who are motivated and involved towards the club,"

"We share the same values as men and as footballers and I really enjoy my time at Tottenham.

"It's an interesting time - we are close to the end of the season and we are still involved in two competitions and we want to go as far as possible."
Great to read that Lloris, our captain, fully gets what Poch's project is all about. Naturally he is hungry for success and a couple/three years ago it seemed like he was on the edge of giving up on us because of our lack of progress. So this article makes for very reassuring reading.

His general outlook and analysis is wise too

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ue-failure-success-is-a-process-a3518986.html

"At some other clubs, in England, France, Spain, Italy or Germany, they are used to winning a lot of trophies," Lloris told ESPN FC.

"They are big institutions and all the players respect those institutions.

"That's the way to follow, but you cannot arrive one day and say, 'I want to change everything', and then win.

"You need to take time, build up something strong step-by-step, and you need to live through experiences.

"Even like this season - in the Champions League it was a failure but we need to go through this kind of moment to improve. It's a process."

"Around me I feel players who are motivated and involved towards the club,"

"We share the same values as men and as footballers and I really enjoy my time at Tottenham.

"It's an interesting time - we are close to the end of the season and we are still involved in two competitions and we want to go as far as possible."

Said from the beginning and it's what won me over with poch, evolution, not revolution.

Well, he wasn't great today. Was caught out on the free-kick, got nowhere near the penalty, was flat-footed for Hazard's effort...and could do nothing about Matic's goal, I suppose. But he was also surprisingly hesitant to come out and command his box at set pieces, and that bit where he handled the ball outside the area was a *very* uncharacteristic lapse in communication and judgement from him.

Pretty sub-par game from our captain. He's allowed some, of course, but it wasn't great nonetheless.

Unfortunately for us, he seems to save his bad days for big games where we can least afford them. He's great most of the time, but if we want to win trophies then he either needs to step it up against big teams or we need a different goalkeeper.

The only possible criticism could be for the fk.

But you see a lot of keepers do that.

The others; a pen, and two wonder strikes he can do nothing about.

Free-kick, almost handled outside the box, made a mess coming out towards Hazard near the end. We can't afford sloppiness in these type of games, we need him to be a difference maker for us not the opposition.

The first one - its clear where the chel$ea players are massed in the wall, and to get the ball up and down on the near post meant he should have had that side covered for an easy catch. But on a day like today, everything they struck hit the net, and had Hugo covered the logical side, Willian would have popped it into the other corner. It wasn't a massive fuk up by Hugo, but he should have covered and saved it.

He's a good keeper but considering the amount of shots he faces doesn't actually save much. I don't know if I'm greedy but over a season I don't think he earns us any points whereas Schmeichel in his pomp would be worth about 10

Sent from my E5823 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The only possible criticism could be for the fk.

But you see a lot of keepers do that.

The others; a pen, and two wonder strikes he can do nothing about.

What about when he handled outside the area and worse still when he panicked, came out and hazard nearly went around him? Comedy capers. I don't know whether it was this or another thread, but I said a couple of weeks ago that Lloris will never be top drawer due to his mentality issue. This game was another in a long line of clutch matches where he has bottled it.

I can't even remember him even saving a penalty. It must be something like maybe two or three in his time with us.

I remember the one against Monaco in the CL, and against City a couple of seasons back. Other than that I am struggling.

I just googled it out of curiosity. In his career he has saved 9 penalties, 5 of which were with us. He has a total of 55 unsaved penalties (16 with us).

I remember the one against Monaco in the CL, and against City a couple of seasons back. Other than that I am struggling.

I just googled it out of curiosity. In his career he has saved 9 penalties, 5 of which were with us. He has a total of 55 unsaved penalties (16 with us).
Five saves out of 21 faced for us - roughly one in four - sounds perfectly respectable to me.

What about when he handled outside the area and worse still when he panicked, came out and hazard nearly went around him? Comedy capers. I don't know whether it was this or another thread, but I said a couple of weeks ago that Lloris will never be top drawer due to his mentality issue. This game was another in a long line of clutch matches where he has bottled it.

Yes, there were other shaky moments but I was referring to his involvement that led to goals really.

@DubaiSpur I don't really recall his chance to punch but happy to be corrected.

yep, great most of the time, but on a bad day he hurts us

iirc his last shocker was against city and he went on a decent run after that, so hopefully he's got it out of his system for this season and he'll be back to his brick wall best for the run in

He's a good keeper but considering the amount of shots he faces doesn't actually save much. I don't know if I'm greedy but over a season I don't think he earns us any points whereas Schmeichel in his pomp would be worth about 10

Sent from my E5823 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Schmeichel Sr was an absolute beast; Hugo is not in his class, but I'm pretty certain he has earned us plenty points with some insane reaction saves. I'm sure someone somewhere must have stats of some kind for that. He's got weaknesses, and was nowhere near his best yesterday, but overall he's a major asset to us and the best keeper IMO we've had since Thorstvedt.

Back