• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Swansea City***

Why does Pochettino persist with Sissoko? Why not just put his hand up, admit to having screwed up on that one...he has more than enough credit banked for us to let that one go...and then push on with a best team, not shoe horning a player in to the team.
In Poch we Believe. But I do feel Poch should be braver to switch things earlier on in a game when things aren't going right, lol

Why does Pochettino persist with Sissoko? Why not just put his hand up, admit to having screwed up on that one...he has more than enough credit banked for us to let that one go...and then push on with a best team, not shoe horning a player in to the team.

Sissoko did okayish in the second half and didn't make any mistakes and managed to pass the ball to his team mates on every occasion but his withdrawal was necessary nonetheless.

Now we've all calmed down a bit following that breathtaking end to the game, we should take stock and analyse what went wrong for most of it.

Bottlers as one guy said when we were losing was always an absurd assessment. Clearly injuries were huge. I have no doubt our best side would have had that game won by half time.

But Son was the main reason why we were on course for the loss. We see these performances too often (roughly 1 in every 4 games) and given that he is such a super talent, it must stop.

I hope Poch has a serious word with him, because we might not get away with it next time.

C8rWs2hV0AEfz0I.jpg:large
. What an excellent picture and typifies the spirit!! Fearless.

Son was awful, his first touch in tight games isnt good enough to play upfront in tight games where he has his back to goal
Sissoko was ok, but you never feel he will score, so he had to be sacrificed probably unfairly as son should have been removed
Jansen has to now be trusted as he really is the only option to play upfront

However mentally that was a massive win.... Usual stuff we wouldnt have won that last year etc

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino, talking to BBC Sport: "We started the game well and created chances in the first few minutes. We maybe feel that the game is going to be easy. They started to play in a low tempo. When we conceded we realised we needed to improve our level.

"It is crazy how the goals came in the last few minutes but we pushed and we created chances to win. Today was a difficult game and the team showed big character. The most important thing is the badge. When you play for Tottenham it is not about the names, it is about the team. This season we are showing that we are a team.

"I don't care what people say or what people think of the history of the club. This season we are fighting again. We are in a good way."

Back