• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent - 2nd Leg***

Ranieri and Deli took the the press heat off Pochettino last nigh.

Although I personally thought he did little wrong last night and the majority of the team played well.

Gent got lucky last night, but we lost it in the first leg. Fair play to thier fans.
Please lets not be that club who would question our absolutely brilliant manager after every dodgy result. He has been the best thing to happen to this club for a long long time.

Thought last night was actually a good team performance with 1 obvious exclusion.
Down to 10 men for 70 minutes chasing a european tie on a pitch the size of wembley's is a big task. We really went for it until the 70th when we just completely ran out of Gas.

Kane and Son missed chances they really should have put away, put im not sure anyone could be blamed apart from Alli for last night

Thought last night was actually a good team performance with 1 obvious exclusion.
Down to 10 men for 70 minutes chasing a european tie on a pitch the size of wembley's is a big task. We really went for it until the 70th when we just completely ran out of Gas.

Kane and Son missed chances they really should have put away, put im not sure anyone could be blamed apart from Alli for last night
I just hope not too knackered for Stoke on Sunday

Dont agree. Lets not brush over a poor performance. We are laughing stocks today because Spurs bottled it last night. Dier was off his game. Kane was off his game as well. Davies offered no penetration down the left. Poch made wrong tactical decisions during the match. I only hope that once again he learns from this. We were horrible in Europe this year. Compared to previous Spurs, this year was BAD!!

I just hope not too knackered for Stoke on Sunday

Yes i think that could be the bigger issue, a few of them were out on their feet by the end. You'd normally want Alli put on the bench for a few games to teach him a lesson. But he has caused the others to knacker themselves out, trying to fix his mistake.

Yes i think that could be the bigger issue, a few of them were out on their feet by the end. You'd normally want Alli put on the bench for a few games to teach him a lesson. But he has caused the others to knacker themselves out, trying to fix his mistake.
Only positive is he (Ali) had a rest last night and should be out on a mission on Sunday to make up for his sending off last night

Dont agree. Lets not brush over a poor performance. We are laughing stocks today because Spurs bottled it last night. Dier was off his game. Kane was off his game as well. Davies offered no penetration down the left. Poch made wrong tactical decisions during the match. I only hope that once again he learns from this. We were horrible in Europe this year. Compared to previous Spurs, this year was BAD!!

10 men for 1 hour chasing a game. If you mean Dier was off his game because of the mistake at the end, then yes it was a mistake. But im not blaming the 10 on the pitch for the issue tonight, neither Poch, last night was Alli's fault blue eyed boy as he is

Can someone remind our chaps that a 'shot' doesn't have to be a full-blooded clobbering effort?.

For a group of players with such skill and guile that they can pick out minute gaps through which they thread passes, we really neglect the same approach in getting the ball in the net.

Stop using 'shot' and 'shooting' in coaching and training.

Oh - and I say yet again, in extremis put Verts up as the extra striker.

Just back home from Wembley, via pub, and still dumbfounded as to how we lost that match o_O

Yes, Dele was daft to get sent off like that and the referee did his best to make life difficult for us but to concede 2 such poor goals plus waste so many good chances :eek:

Will have to watch the highlights but certainly felt like a game we could've easily won handsomely had Kane been in as good form as he showed at weekend.
Well, we didn't lose, we drew.

I agree, we will struggle to make top 6 next season playing at home at Wembley

Agree. I even see a struggle for a Top 10 finish, playing effectively 38 away games. Nearly every team that comes to Wembley will treat it as a Cup final, bar the likes of United.City, etc; who will probably feel more at home than we do...
Dont think we will be seeing European football at the new stadium, unless we can we win the League Cup

I agree, we will struggle to make top 6 next season playing at home at Wembley

I don't think so as long as we have a season like last where we have hardly any injuries.

Especially the full backs. We need Rose and Walker available because their width is key on a big pitch.

The 3 at the back is also central to releasing Dele and Eriksen.

As long as we can keep our players fit (unlike this year) then I expect us to make Wembley a productive home.

10 men for 1 hour chasing a game. If you mean Dier was off his game because of the mistake at the end, then yes it was a mistake. But im not blaming the 10 on the pitch for the issue tonight, neither Poch, last night was Alli's fault blue eyed boy as he is

I felt he was at fault for the first goal, got himself in a bad position and didn't really challenge for the header, and he was at fault twice for the 2nd goal, firstly for making that mad dash out to try and play offside, then missing the chance to clear. Although the guy miss-kicked and it kind of just bounced off him so he was unlucky. It looked to me like he didn't really commit to trying to block the shot either, almost dangled a leg out. A bad day at the office for him, but he looked like he knew it which is good.

I felt he was at fault for the first goal, got himself in a bad position and didn't really challenge for the header, and he was at fault twice for the 2nd goal, firstly for making that mad dash out to try and play offside, then missing the chance to clear. Although the guy miss-kicked and it kind of just bounced off him so he was unlucky. It looked to me like he didn't really commit to trying to block the shot either, almost dangled a leg out. A bad day at the office for him, but he looked like he knew it which is good.

Just watched the highlights. Didnt see Dier's decision for offside however both of his mistakes were hardly howlers. Actually the second one looked worse live. Ball was fired at him not sure he should have done a huge amount about it.

Certainly from the highlights its as it seemed at the time, wasteful finishing rather a poor performance and even with 10 we should have gone through.

Just watched the highlights. Didnt see Dier's decision for offside however both of his mistakes were hardly howlers. Actually the second one looked worse live. Ball was fired at him not sure he should have done a huge amount about it.

Certainly from the highlights its as it seemed at the time, wasteful finishing rather a poor performance and even with 10 we should have gone through.

I agree about the wasteful finishing, but equally if we hadn't conceded such soft goals we probably would have went through too. Not an awful performance by a long shot - had we taken our chances, no problem we're through.

We used to be a decent team with one stand out player who could win us games when we really needed it to a very good team without no real stand out player. Last night was crying out for someone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and refuse to allow us to go out of the competition. Unfortunately I don't think we really have that guy in the squad at the minute.

The most frustrating aspect of this is they are so very poor and yet scored 2 goals.
An own goal and a goal against a 10-man tiring team playing them in their own half. You can call the own goal frustrating, but their second was more likely to happen than not, given the circumstances. We were playing them off the pitch and if we had scored the chances we created, the have would have finished 5-2 or 6-2 and no one would have thought twice about it.

Please lets not be that club who would question our absolutely brilliant manager after every dodgy result. He has been the best thing to happen to this club for a long long time.

But, but, but, he keeps saying we have to learn and we keep not learning! He selected an overly defensive team - I said before it started that I was worried about creativity, pace and sttacking intent. He is persisting with a clearly out of form and leaden legged Dier. He hasn't curbed Dele's recklessness. His transfer acquisitions thus year have been woeful ( with the exception of Wanyama.) Hus substitutions are often bizarre or plain daft.

He seems to have a blind spot for dead ball situations. Our corners and free kicks are simply pathetic. If we could score just one or two from these , they can make all the difference in tight games. He even commented before the game last night that we hadn't practiced penalties and had no pre- conceived ideas as to who would take them. Our shooting all season has been poor - how many goals have we scored from outside the penalty area? Last night it was the pits -3 out of 25 attempts on target - and that included our two goals!

Poch is a good coach but not faultless. He also needs to learn quickly if we are to become winners.

We played badly in Wembley and our coach excused for the performance. Normally he "wants to see us play good and beautifull football", he said, "but this was our worst performance in Europe since he is our coach. We were lucky.". Then again, we played without our best players, Neto and Asare, and saw two other keyplayers, Dejaegere and Milisevic, injured during the game. Matton, Verstraete (the 17 year old who only played one official game), Gershon, Esiti, Saief normally don't make the starting 11. But I think we were very good in Gent and could have deserved a second goal there.

Tottenham, definitely the favorite Premier League team amongst Gent-fans, surely have better players, but I think some of the English players are overrated (and the Premier League might be overrated as well).

Furthermore, I was astonished about the attitude your media, players and supporters showed towards this game, even after having lost in Gent. As if they played a second division team from Luxemburg.
- last year Anderlecht, outplayed several times by Gent, was the better team against Tottenham
- Tottenham never could win in Belgium
- Gent got 10 points in the CL last year and outplayed Valencia and Lyon

Onward and upward. I hope you go on and win the Europa League now, so we can say we were beaten by the champs.

Ranieri and Deli took the press heat off Pochettino last nigh.

Although I personally thought he did little wrong last night and the majority of the team played well.

Gent got lucky last night, but we lost it in the first leg. Fair play to thier fans.

Read the post numpty!

Last edited:
Back