• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

I think even though Chelsea will end up going 12 points clear here. Looking at the remaining fixtures, it's not OUT of the realms of possibility that we can close the gap and start to breathe down their neck. With the fixtures, we'll mostly end up playing before them too which is always good for pressure, as we saw from Leicester playing before us every week last season.

Stoke (A), West Ham (A), Emirates Marketing Project (H), Man Utd (A), Everton (A) aren't easy games. Not to mention, they play the likes of West Brom (A) and Palace (H) who are going to be needing points if they're to survive relegation and Big Sam can be a niggly bastard.

We are VERY lucky that we have no hard games away from home remaining, except perhaps Burnley and at a stretch Palace and that we have a lot of home games against bottom half clubs and Arsenal and Utd who I'd be confident of beating on our home form, especially with both of them being our last 2 games at the Lane.

But that's just me being optimistic - I thought Chelsea would drop points here at Burnley (which they still could I suppose), so what do I know?

Burnley now have 4 away games in a row before we go there. Hopefully they'll still be in safe position then.

10 points behind is better than 12.

Chelsea will drop more points this season - it's just about us showing we want it more and put away teams we should be putting away - Emirates Marketing Project have a chance to go 8 points behind, so hopefully Chelsea will start to feel that pressure.

So that would have been 7 points if we had have won yesterday, and 4 if we had have beaten Sunderland.

If only, if only my aunty he bollox she'd be my uncle.
Or, as Chelski fans say, it could have been 12 points if only we won today. [emoji6]

We'll see all the top six teams losing points in these "guaranteed win" games from now until May, IMO. Us included. Good to see it from Chelski too - if they fudge up just a little more, the title race could be extremely interesting.

So that would have been 7 points if we had have won yesterday, and 4 if we had have beaten Sunderland.

If only, if only my aunty had bollox she'd be my uncle.

Actually would have still been 5 if we had beaten Sunderland. But its all pie in the sky, we didnt and thats that.

Tbh I still think we are in a battle to finish 4th. With Cup games to come thick and thin dont think our squad is good enough to fight it out with City for 2nd

Actually would have still been 5 if we had beaten Sunderland. But its all pie in the sky, we didnt and thats that.

Tbh I still think we are in a battle to finish 4th. With Cup games to come thick and thin dont think our squad is good enough to fight it out with City for 2nd
Yep good maths! I'd still take 4th if it was on offer. If we could do an Arsenal for 5 years whilst we start to get the stadium paid off and throw in a cup win and a fight for the league I'd be happy with that.

Leicester are done for and delighted to see it too with their fans entitled behaviour towards the end of last season and upon visiting us in October. Hope they drop like a fudging stone in the Championship.

Back