• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I'd rather the fight didn't happen - it's just a freakshow.

It boils down to money at the end of the day - with that one fight McGregor will likely retire for good after pocketing something ridiculous like $50-100m - one of the reasons he got his boxing license was because he thinks the Ali Act can protect him from the UFC being involved and taking a cut of his dough considering he has a contract with them, the Ali Act doesn't currently protect MMA fighters (they're attempting to get it changed).

He isn't a boxer - his MMA striking is great but it's not boxing, If he had a tune up fight (and to get ready for Mayweather it would need to be a fairly ok opponent, not some bum off the street) there's a chance he could get found out early doors and destroy the interest in the fight, so he could end up going in against Mayweather with absolutely no live body experience.

I honestly think if it happens it will be a bit of a work.

It boils down to money at the end of the day - with that one fight McGregor will likely retire for good after pocketing something ridiculous like $50-100m - one of the reasons he got his boxing license was because he thinks the Ali Act can protect him from the UFC being involved and taking a cut of his dough considering he has a contract with them, the Ali Act doesn't currently protect MMA fighters (they're attempting to get it changed).

He isn't a boxer - his MMA striking is great but it's not boxing, If he had a tune up fight (and to get ready for Mayweather it would need to be a fairly ok opponent, not some bum off the street) there's a chance he could get found out early doors and destroy the interest in the fight, so he could end up going in against Mayweather with absolutely no live body experience.

It will be a nonsense if it does. They both have no reason to do it other than loads and loads of money. They'll dance about like bell-ends and play it out so that Mayweather gets a 'narrow' victory (even though as everyone here has pointed out if really trying CMcG wouldn't lay a single punch on him and Mayweather would basically pick the round he wanted to knock him out) leaving it open for a potential 're-match' possibly in an Octagon. This will 'result' in a Macgregor narrow victory, leaving it open for a decider. All of which will make them 100s of millions of pounds thanks to mainly some of the dopey UFC fans who actually believe that Macgregor could even last 30 seconds in a ring with one of the best boxers there has ever been. It's about money, absolutely nothing else - neither of them give a brick about anything else at this point.

Football and Tennis are two sports where you run around a bit, sure lets put Wayne Rooney into a tennis match against Andy Murray and see what happens.

If he had a tune up fight (and to get ready for Mayweather it would need to be a fairly ok opponent, not some bum off the street) there's a chance he could get found out early doors and destroy the interest in the fight, so he could end up going in against Mayweather with absolutely no live body experience.

Thats my point, he would lose a tune up fight in my opinion

I doubt McGregor would get any more than £10m, hes a big name in UFC yeah but it doesn't pay that well and he has no name in boxing. Even Canelo with all his PPVs only gets £3-5m a fight.

I doubt McGregor would get any more than £10m, hes a big name in UFC yeah but it doesn't pay that well and he has no name in boxing. Even Canelo with all his PPVs only gets £3-5m a fight.

He earned more than that in each of his previous 2/3 fights in the UFC.

I wont pay for it but see if I can stream it somewhere.

Eubank will become a paper world champ and we will not hear the last of it. Price is in last chance saloon, that fight wont go distance

The belt he's fighting for is supposedly a waste of space going by al the articles I've read on it today... but he reckons it will get him Saunders then GGG - wouldn't;t have thought so!

Anyone watching Eubank jr tonight? Price fight will be worth a look

My daughter has bought it, so think I will take a peek at 10pm. Cant believe the cheeky b#stard has got the nerve to charge. I wasnt his Dad's biggest fan ( I was in the Benn gang), but Jnr is not in the same league as Snr and doubt will ever be

The Price fight was strange one. Personally I thought he should have packed it in a while back when it became clear he doesn't respond well to being hit hard. Some fighters take a punch better than others, Price has always looked troubled under pressure against heavyish hitters. And if you are not reasonably durable as heavyweight you have a limited future. Obviously they thought they could get another shot at a title and payday if his route was carefully managed -but even that didn't work out.

After watching him bent double leaning against the ropes unable to maintain his guard (in the fifth i think), it is time for the people who really care about him to step in and give him some sensible advice.

By all accounts he could have fought GGG and his dad messed around and demanded too much money etc and GGG went elsewhere.

GGG would absolutely murder him, he's sloppy and his old man has clearly got it in his head that he's top dog.

One fight I think could happen and would be decent is a Saunders rematch, Billy Joe really has nothing else going for him, his last fight was an embarrassment.

Most sites say he got $3 for his rematch with Aldo, UFC doesn't pay that much. That's why he's trying to get equity in it.

He gets a % of the gate and a % of the PPV buys.

For the second Diaz fight he got $11.5m in PPV cut alone (Diaz earned $10m + $2m show) and for UFC 205 an estimated $16m in PPV+gate. Plus his $3m show money.

He's trying to get equity in it because it just sold for $4bn and he's annoyed the likes of Ben Affleck and Conan O'Brien were able to get a slice and he wasn't considering he probably helped with that valuation and they will struggle to make that money back quickly without him.

GGG would absolutely murder him, he's sloppy and his old man has clearly got it in his head that he's top dog.

One fight I think could happen and would be decent is a Saunders rematch, Billy Joe really has nothing else going for him, his last fight was an embarrassment.

Too right he would. Can you image Eubank dropping his guard against GGG. Would be a nice payday for a few minutes in the ring, because it wouldnt last long!

Back