• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Honestly, I try to be respectful of people on this board, but if at this stage (with the stats to back it up), people either don't rate, don't understand his contribution and/or believe we can upgrade him easily ... I'm not going to argue/discuss further
Well, I was advocating almost three years ago selling him and getting de Bruyne in his place, but what do I know! :p

I do not disagree with that at all, just pointing out to those who do not rate him how much creativity we lack when he is not there.

Where was his creativity in the first ten games or so? He's a player that can go through very long spells of underperforming and generally seems to need his team mates on form in order to play well himself - beginning of the season and team playing g poorly? Eriksen turning in poor performances, last run of games with the team playing well? Eriksen comes to life - If he can sort his consistency out then there will be little to complain about with him, if he continues to remain inconsistent then he will rightly get pulled up on it

He was there since the start of the season but only came to life in the last six weeks or so.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Granted he has thankfully emerged from a prolonged spell of relatively poor form but come on, few if any top players ever manage to go all the way through their careers without suffering something similar along the way.

They are humans, not robots, it comes with the territory my friend.

He was there since the start of the season but only came to life in the last six weeks or so.

So did Dele and now he is worth £50m plus wth all the big boys wanting him again

Football is a fickle sport and now your only as good as your last game

Over a season Eriksen has A lot more good games than bad and he racks up goals and assist that are comparable with the very best in this league

Our problem is when more than one of the 4 attacker is of their game or is carrying an injury , as has been the case a lot early in the season, we naturally suffer creatively and in front of goal

He was underperforming end of last season when we dropped out of the title race, and the first part of this season when we had that spate of draws. He is good when he turns up, we know that, but when he doesn't, he doesn't even attempt in other parts of the game (tackling) that makes it frustrating to watch.

Nevertheless he is a key player. However he ought to be in that part of the pitch especially in Poch's game plan. For this we still need backup if we want to consistently be playing at the top of our game week in week out. Who know we might win something.

So did Dele and now he is worth £50m plus wth all the big boys wanting him again

Football is a fickle sport and now your only as good as your last game

Over a season Eriksen has A lot more good games than bad and he racks up goals and assist that are comparable with the very best in this league

Our problem is when more than one of the 4 attacker is of their game or is carrying an injury , as has been the case a lot early in the season, we naturally suffer creatively and in front of goal
Sure we don't expect every game to be special but young dele is worth all that because in games where he is not doing well he is still contributing something, if not on the ball then off it. Seen from another angle Eriksens lack of speculation and speculated worth is just the thing that justifies why Eriksen is not in his league. And we don't miss dele that much because we have options. We now need one for Eriksen so we can sub him or not start him when we have to, as we did dele.

Sure we don't expect every game to be special but young dele is worth all that because in games where he is not doing well he is still contributing something, if not on the ball then off it. Seen from another angle Eriksens lack of speculation and speculated worth is just the thing that justifies why Eriksen is not in his league. And we don't miss dele that much because we have options. We now need one for Eriksen so we can sub him or not start him when we have to, as we did dele.

But dele and erisken basically play the same position don't they?!?!?

And when dele has been poor this season which s over the half the games or me he hasnt contributed anything ... hence hy he got subbed a lot

Now he so performing and looks like the player we know he is he is untouchable

I highlighting the comparison as there both very good players in the same role if not the same position who strangely enough have started playing well at roughly the same time

Once he adds consistency and genuinely turns world class he won't remain here unfortunately....

Looking back at this, if he turns world class then the effect that would have on our team, raising it from it's present high level, could well be to elevate Spurs to a place where Eriksen doesn't see the need to leave to fulfil ambitions. Just to find new challenges once he's won a few things with us.
If he becomes more consistent and increases his quality then we shall be turning a few more losses to draws and draws to wins. Which equates to further competition progress and higher league finishes. And it's not looking too shabby already.
Accompany that with whatever improvements we see in other Spurs players and any high-calibre purchases and it's easy to see a very bright future.

All this gonad*s about Eriksen being inconsistent.... He was second in the whole of the PL for assists in 2016, behind only Ozil (a player who is demanding 250 thousand pounds a week to stay at Arsenal. Eriksen has since added another 2 assists in our win against Chelsea.

Those that don't like him really do need to look at what Eriksen does as opposed to what he doesn't do.

He is a fantastic player who is perhaps the main component of our team. I saw a comment earlier in this thread that Eriksen wasn't playing well because the team weren't playing well and he now only looks good because the rest of the team are playing well.... IMO is it probably the opposite of that and the team were not playing well because Eriksen wasn't on top form, but now that he has found his form our team look good again.

I hope that we can keep him for several more seasons, although it wouldn't surprise me to see Barcelona come in for him to replace one of their ageing central midfield playmakers.

All this cobblers about Eriksen being inconsistent.... He was second in the whole of the PL for assists in 2016, behind only Ozil (a player who is demanding 250 thousand pounds a week to stay at Arsenal. Eriksen has since added another 2 assists in our win against Chelsea.

Those that don't like him really do need to look at what Eriksen does as opposed to what he doesn't do.

Bang on right.

I don't know how anyone can have watched him play this season and say he has been consistent - he just hasn't and there's no harm in saying so
No one has claimed he has been consistent, on the contrary. What we are saying is that despite spells of poor form, he always puts a shift in and over a season his stats for goals and assists are right up there with the best attacking midfielders in the PL.

Ask yourself why even during his poorest spells of form Poch has continued to start him every PL game: no one has made more starts than him so far this season.

Where was his creativity in the first ten games or so? He's a player that can go through very long spells of underperforming and generally seems to need his team mates on form in order to play well himself - beginning of the season and team playing g poorly? Eriksen turning in poor performances, last run of games with the team playing well? Eriksen comes to life - If he can sort his consistency out then there will be little to complain about with him, if he continues to remain inconsistent then he will rightly get pulled up on it

Because he needs service (at least when playing as an attacking midfielder) and in the first 10 games our overall play didn't provide him enough service.

Find Eriksen in a bit of time and space around the box at a decent rate and he will deliver. Fail to do that and he will be mostly quiet.

Because he needs service (at least when playing as an attacking midfielder) and in the first 10 games our overall play didn't provide him enough service.

Find Eriksen in a bit of time and space around the box at a decent rate and he will deliver. Fail to do that and he will be mostly quiet.

I get the sentiment of your comment but of argue he is there to bRing that service

I think an issue for him is the same that has been an issue with dele is minor injuries

Both have had them and now their fixed they look different class by comparison

So like I said then, he needs those around him to perform in order to perform himself?

So with that in mind I'm not sure Sundays game is the best to highlight what we miss when Eriksen is not there (as Parklane was doing)

I get the sentiment of your comment but of argue he is there to bRing that service

I think an issue for him is the same that has been an issue with dele is minor injuries

Both have had them and now their fixed they look different class by comparison

Disagree. Eriksen and Alli are there in part to provide service to Kane and other forward players in the final third. And some of the time they're expected to drop a bit deeper to contribute to our buildup. But they themselves need service too from the players further back. They're not the kinds of players that receive the ball 45 yards from goal skip past two players to score or set up a chance. They're different players and they need the right service. For me that means good balls to them into the final third.

When Eriksen played deeper next to Wanyama his job was to a greater extent to provide that service to the players further forward. And he did so really well. But when he plays further forward he needs others to do that job. Earlier this season that wasn't done well enough.

So like I said then, he needs those around him to perform in order to perform himself?

So with that in mind I'm not sure Sundays game is the best to highlight what we miss when Eriksen is not there (as Parklane was doing)

Agreed. Though I would say it's more about players behind him than players around him if you pardon my pedantry.

Against Chelsea for example it wasn't like we were creating a lot of chances. our front 3 had a fairly quiet attacking game overall. But Eriksen got the right pass from Walker twice to give him a little bit of time and space to set up the chances for Alli. If Walker messes that up, or isn't in that position in the first place Eriksen doesn't create those chances. And people would blame Alli, Eriksen and Kane for not being creative enough. But actually what would be missing would be the service to that front 3.

No one has claimed he has been consistent, on the contrary. What we are saying is that despite spells of poor form, he always puts a shift in and over a season his stats for goals and assists are right up there with the best attacking midfielders in the PL.

Ask yourself why even during his poorest spells of form Poch has continued to start him every PL game: no one has made more starts than him so far this season.
Because much like Harry last season we have no one to play in that position. That's a worry, and maybe one reason his tackling is half hearted.

That's a poor argument, and a disservice to eriksen imo. Any player of that level should be able to deliver a good ball given time and space.

That's a poor argument, and a disservice to eriksen imo. Any player of that level should be able to deliver a good ball given time and space.

I'm not saying he needs a ton of time and space. That's why I said "a bit of time and space". He doesn't need much. Like against Chelsea. But he does need a bit. If nothing else at least enough space where if he takes the ball past one player or creates a bit of space for himself there won't be another player covering ready to close him down again.

Service to attacking midfielders like Eriksen obviously mattes a lot. If that is a poor argument to you the conversation needs to take a very sharp turn elsewhere or end, I'm suggesting the latter.

Back