• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Again, are you confusing him with Wanyama? Funnily enough i remember a very clean tackle Sissoko made on our right when we were 1-0 down when he came away clean with the ball before moving forward with the ball. It was good to see.

I don't get this "giving away unnecessary fouls" thing. Happy to be corrected by any stats but that wasn't my impression

sorry if i wasn't clear, I was referring to sissoko's overall performance including those before this game.
you're right he didn't give away much this game; however I feel that he has in previous games.

Another good performance from him, he is starting to look a much better player then many said he was.

You mean after he has been trained by a proper coach and is fit enough to play for us

Does concern me that he never looks like a goal threat but he now is getting assists so really can't complain at that

You mean after he has been trained by a proper coach and is fit enough to play for us

Does concern me that he never looks like a goal threat but he now is getting assists so really can't complain at that
I notice that he really telegraphs it when he is about to shoot. He doesn't disguise it at all and everyone and their dog knows it is coming, and invariably it gets blocked. He has to work on getting the shot off quicker. He can learn that even at his age, but the shooting on the run I'm not sure how he is going to fix. He shanks that almost every time.

I notice that he really telegraphs it when he is about to shoot. He doesn't disguise it at all and everyone and their dog knows it is coming, and invariably it gets blocked. He has to work on getting the shot off quicker. He can learn that even at his age, but the shooting on the run I'm not sure how he is going to fix. He shanks that almost every time.

He headed the ball across goal yesterday rather than having a header on goal... that for me is a player that has zero confidence in front of goal

He headed the ball across goal yesterday rather than having a header on goal... that for me is a player that has zero confidence in front of goal

Interesting that you have made this observation as I thought that this showed that he was going for an elemnt of surprise. If he'd had a go and not scored people would be saying he should have passed the ball no doubt.

Interesting that you have made this observation as I thought that this showed that he was going for an elemnt of surprise. If he'd had a go and not scored people would be saying he should have passed the ball no doubt.

It was tame and for me he should have had an effort on goal

He needs to lose the fear and become a weapon of choice

I agree - hopefully it will come as his confidence rises as he gets more game time and becomes more settled. He is already making a great improvement in his game since he first arrived.

I agree - hopefully it will come as his confidence rises as he gets more game time and becomes more settled. He is already making a great improvement in his game since he first arrived.

Well he is clearly fitter IMO and also knows our system better. He had 7 assists last season and 3 so far so it's progress to e. Alskot halfway with much less games

Well he is clearly fitter IMO and also knows our system better. He had 7 assists last season and 3 so far so it's progress to e. Alskot halfway with much less games
It took me a moment or two to work this one out, so for the benefit of others who cannot be arsed:

.. and 3 so far so it's progress to me. Almost halfway with much less games.

Shame you didn't put a new phone on your Xmas list. :rolleyes:

Improved, yes. But still very average. I don't see him becoming key player. There are Lamela/Son/Eriksen and even N'koudou have showed more than average skills. Not forgettin promising Onomah and Edwards, who need opportunities, too.

Would be clad take money back if the opportunity arrises.

Improved, yes. But still very average. I don't see him becoming key player. There are Lamela/Son/Eriksen and even N'koudou have showed more than average skills. Not forgettin promising Onomah and Edwards, who need opportunities, too.

I think he's been a little better than average, and looks to be improving with more and more game time....

Lamela hasn't shown much of anything this season - it's been a very stop-start campaign for him so far. Son has been better than him, but in flashes - his inconsistency is considerably frustrating. Eriksen's been better, but then you'd expect that given his seemingly undroppable status and the fact that he's been here for three-odd years now (versus Sissoko's three-odd months).

N'Koudou has had (by my estimation) one good dribble and a few good crosses in the 40 or so minutes he's featured in the league for so far.

Sissoko's been better than Lamela, imo - and better than N'Koudou (although he's had more opportunities than GKN).

I would not take the money back for him. Even if he bombed and finished the season having accumulated five red cards and fifty own goals. Give him a season free of judgement to adapt. Do the same for Janssen. And let's see where we are come the beginning of next season.

I see today that leicester got a bid of 38m for silami, with 300k pw wages from china!

What chance of a 50m bid from the Chinese for sissoko by Tuesday!

Can you tell me exactly what "more than average" skills has Nkoudou shown till now? Because, he was completely anonymous against a fourth tier side yesterday and justifiably hauled off at half time. If Sissoko was average, Nkoudou was abyssmal. As for the promise of Onomah... we'll leave that for his thread!

I do however agree that it would suit Sissoko to move on simply because he is suffering from the "Chris Armstrong" syndrome where fans already made their mind about him (adversely) before he arrived and whatever he does - unless it is a Bale-esque level of brilliance, which we know he is not capable of - will never be enough and he will continue to be the whipping boy of many.

Can you tell me exactly what "more than average" skills has Nkoudou shown till now? Because, he was completely anonymous against a fourth tier side yesterday and justifiably hauled off at half time. If Sissoko was average, Nkoudou was abyssmal. As for the promise of Onomah... we'll leave that for his thread!

I do however agree that it would suit Sissoko to move on simply because he is suffering from the "Chris Armstrong" syndrome where fans already made their mind about him (adversely) before he arrived and whatever he does - unless it is a Bale-esque level of brilliance, which we know he is not capable of - will never be enough and he will continue to be the whipping boy of many.

Its sad to say but i agree with you, some of the stick this guy gets is pathetic and as i have said before its as if his transfer fee was/is down to him. They are still some who can not get the fact that Lamela cost so much and they are those who hold it against both Sissoko and Lamela.

Thought he was poor in the first half, like the rest of the team but then just got his head played the 1-2 and ran. It worked 6-7 times in the second half, too powerful for their backline by far. I have always felt it was a bit of a panic buy overall but I can definitely see where Sissoko is of benefit to us and generally, his performances of late have been reasonably good.

Back