• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Southampton***

Don't forget his pointless raking of Rodriguez's face with his hand either. Rodriguez didn't overreact so no one saw it, but that may get retroactively reviewed.
In recent weeks Fabregas got away with slapping Fernandinho's face, Sadio Mane got away with punching Andy Carroll in the stomatch and Ibrahimovic got away with elbowing some random player, so I am not sure they can punish Vertinghen with the precedent that has been set lately.

Completely missed that. When did that happen?

First 15 mins or so IIRC. Completely stupid and pointless. Could easily get a retrospective ban if the FA are in the mood. I've said it before, we do ourselves no favours sometimes with our lack of discipline.

OK some reading this will be frothing at the mouth as we have all been crying out for a bit more toughness for years, but we have gone too far the other way. Some of the tackles and incidents over the past 12 months have been beyond stupid. You can just see at least one of our players acting like a spastic against Chelsea and doing something to get banned.

In recent weeks Fabregas got away with slapping Fernandinho's face, Sadio Mane got away with punching Andy Carroll in the stomatch and Ibrahimovic got away with elbowing some random player, so I am not sure they can punish Vertinghen with the precedent that has been set lately.

That goes in our favour I guess but I stopped trying to apply logic and reason to the FA's actions years ago. No complaints from me if Verts gets pulled up though.

First 15 mins or so IIRC. Completely stupid and pointless. Could easily get a retrospective ban if the FA are in the mood. I've said it before, we do ourselves no favours sometimes with our lack of discipline.

OK some reading this will be frothing at the mouth as we have all been crying out for a bit more toughness for years, but we have gone too far the other way. Some of the tackles and incidents over the past 12 months have been beyond stupid. You can just see at least one of our players acting like a spastic against Chelsea and doing something to get banned.
Well at least there is no precedent for that.

That goes in our favour I guess but I stopped trying to apply logic and reason to the FA's actions years ago. No complaints from me if Verts gets pulled up though.
I agree with you there. There is no logic or consistency in their decisions. They just do as they please in every situation, and they can do because they are the government, the police, the prosecutors, the court, the jury, the judges and the court of appeal.

Different rules apply when you play for Manure, Liverpoo and Cheatski.

Technically it's a retake as Kane's first touch of the ball is counted as taking the penalty but as that first touch did not result in the ball completing a full rotation, then it has to be taken again.

Or did Kane's standing foot not make contact with the ball but rather the grass his standing foot dislodged!? Ha!

Either way it's a retake!

Or did Kane's standing foot not make contact with the ball but rather the grass his standing foot dislodged!? Ha!

Either way it's a retake!
No it's not. And if he touched it with his standing foot first, then it should be a free kick to Southampton, as the same player can not touch the ball twice. Same as if you hit the post, the penalty taker can not take the rebound. The rule about the ball travelling its own length was removed years ago.

Quote from a media match report:
"It should not be underplayed just how tough this game was. This was only Southampton’s third home defeat of the calendar year; Chelsea, victors in both February and October, are the only other side to beat them at St Mary’s in 2016. Their home record this year before the game read: W11 D4 L2 F30 A14. They had not conceded at home in 305 minutes. The last time they conceded four goals in a league game at St Mary’s was in October 2008 against Coventry in League One. This is as close to a fortress as the Premier League has, and that it was breached so convincingly should not be underestimated."

Bringingon Janssen for 2 minutes is like bringing that really shot kid on in a Sunday league game, He's travelled all the way to the away game and you need to give him a couple of minutes

We timed our subs to perfection tonight. Every time they were gaining some momentum we killed it off by a protracted substitution.

No it's not. And if he touched it with his standing foot first, then it should be a free kick to Southampton, as the same player can not touch the ball twice. Same as if you hit the post, the penalty taker can not take the rebound. The rule about the ball travelling its own length was removed years ago.
Surely any set piece taken when the ball is moving requires a retake?

That ball was definitely moving when it was struck.

Back