• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

Shame we spunked £30m on Sissoko as we could've used this money to get him in

On the same day that the man assists the winning goal with a powerful run - "should've bought Ross Barkley instead".

The same Ross Barkley who can't get into a dreadful Everton side in more than fits and starts, and who was repeatedly criticized by Ronald Koeman for being crap.

The life of Moussa Sissoko in a Spurs shirt ,apparently. He could score the title-winning goal at the Emirates and people would still want him binned because...I don't exactly know why. Because Poch criticized him? Poch criticizes lots of players, and not all of them step it up like Sissoko evidently did over the last month. Because he looks ungainly and clumsy when running? Yeah, but it works - it's increasingly clear that he can beat his man on the inside or the outside *really* easily when on the run, all the while looking like he's about to lose possession, but never *quite* doing so. Because of his past with Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Pssh, you put Messi into a team managed (in turn) by Alan Pardew, John Carver and Steve McClaren, and he will assuredly look like Ali Dia on ketamine by the time those three are done with him. The lone good manager he had there was Benitez, who made him team captain during the second half of last season and immediately received some great performances from him - including his rampage against us on the final day, watched by Poch grimacing helplessly on the touchline.

Do I think he's GHod's gift to Tottenham Hotspur? No. Am I happy we signed him? Yes, because Levy backed his man, which is what matters. Do I think he's being treated unfairly by a large section of our fanbase? Abso-f*cking-lutely.

I'd have the Moussa Sissoko we have now over the Ross f*cking Barkley Everton have been seeing this season, and it wouldn't even be close.

On the same day that the man assists the winning goal with a powerful run - "should've bought Ross Barkley instead".

The same Ross Barkley who can't get into a dreadful Everton side in more than fits and starts, and who was repeatedly criticized by Ronald Koeman for being crap.

The life of Moussa Sissoko in a Spurs shirt ,apparently. He could score the title-winning goal at the Emirates and people would still want him binned because...I don't exactly know why. Because Poch criticized him? Poch criticizes lots of players, and not all of them step it up like Sissoko evidently did over the last month. Because he looks ungainly and clumsy when running? Yeah, but it works - it's increasingly clear that he can beat his man on the inside or the outside *really* easily when on the run, all the while looking like he's about to lose possession, but never *quite* doing so. Because of his past with Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Pssh, you put Messi into a team managed (in turn) by Alan Pardew, John Carver and Steve McClaren, and he will assuredly look like Ali Dia on ketamine by the time those three are done with him. The lone good manager he had there was Benitez, who made him team captain during the second half of last season and immediately received some great performances from him - including his rampage against us on the final day, watched by Poch grimacing helplessly on the touchline.

Do I think he's GHod's gift to Tottenham Hotspur? No. Am I happy we signed him? Yes, because Levy backed his man, which is what matters. Do I think he's being treated unfairly by a large section of our fanbase? Abso-f*cking-lutely.

I'd have the Moussa Sissoko we have now over the Ross f*cking Barkley Everton have been seeing this season, and it wouldn't even be close.
Bravo mate.
Also remember a few people saying a certain Mr Kane was ungainly when running, wonder what happened to him?
Seems there's a lot of snobbery about or signings now a days.

Bravo mate.
Also remember a few people saying a certain Mr Kane was ungainly when running, wonder what happened to him?
Seems there's a lot of snobbery about or signings now a days.

Well, as I said in the Danny Rose thread, I'm not immune to it by any means ;) - I have my own biases when it comes to players we've signed, and I admit it. I don't think there's a fanbase in the world that doesn't get snobby about players they've signed at some point, or that doesn't jump to conclusions too quickly at times - that's just a part of football.

But part of at least alleviating the issue is to make an effort to ensure that everyone starts with a clean slate here - whether that's Janssen fresh out of one season in the Eredivisie and one in the Jupiler League, or Sissoko fresh from relegation with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, or Toby coming off a successful season with Saints and a considerably impressive career with Jan beforehand.

In an ideally equal world, we wouldn't underrate or overrate players based on their initial promise/profile, but we don't live in that sort of world. Thus, we have to make tradeoffs - being unduly excited about someone is less damaging than writing them off prematurely, so we can probably let the former slide. But we should make an effort to at least try to prevent the latter.

Look, if Sissoko and Janssen are playing like crap at this point next season, then anyone writing them off won't get a peep out of me - even if I personally disagree, I'll recognize that their stance is logical enough. But bemoaning Sissoko's signing now because of how he plays and his past is just.....it's just really aggravating, is all. And quite possibly short-sighted, as you succintly pointed out with the Kane example. :)

Well, as I said in the Danny Rose thread, I'm not immune to it by any means ;) - I have my own biases when it comes to players we've signed, and I admit it. I don't think there's a fanbase in the world that doesn't get snobby about players they've signed at some point, or that doesn't jump to conclusions too quickly at times - that's just a part of football.

But part of at least alleviating the issue is to make an effort to ensure that everyone starts with a clean slate here - whether that's Janssen fresh out of one season in the Eredivisie and one in the Jupiler League, or Sissoko fresh from relegation with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, or Toby coming off a successful season with Saints and a considerably impressive career with Jan beforehand.

In an ideally equal world, we wouldn't underrate or overrate players based on their initial promise/profile, but we don't live in that sort of world. Thus, we have to make tradeoffs - being unduly excited about someone is less damaging than writing them off prematurely, so we can probably let the former slide. But we should make an effort to at least try to prevent the latter.

Look, if Sissoko and Janssen are playing like crap at this point next season, then anyone writing them off won't get a peep out of me - even if I personally disagree, I'll recognize that their stance is logical enough. But bemoaning Sissoko's signing now because of how he plays and his past is just.....it's just really aggravating, is all. And quite possibly short-sighted, as you succintly pointed out with the Kane example. :)
I don't think it is about Sissoko v Barkley per se.
It is more about having appropriate options. Sissoko provides options wide and possibly centrally. However, his shooting as Gazza points out is appalling. You may say that is early club nerves, so I may accept but look at his overall scoring record. Goals are not his forte. Assists, yes.
Barkley gives us option and goals centrally, to challenge Eriksen, as he can score, create and switch play quickly to make us sharper on the break.
He has had a hard time this year and I can see Poch not following up as he lacks defensive discipline and energy, but Poch may well feel he can improve him.
Room for both imo.

I don't think it is about Sissoko v Barkley per se.
It is more about having appropriate options. Sissoko provides options wide and possibly centrally. However, his shooting as Gazza points out is appalling. You may say that is early club nerves, so I may accept but look at his overall scoring record. Goals are not his forte. Assists, yes.
Barkley gives us option and goals centrally, to challenge Eriksen, as he can score, create and switch play quickly to make us sharper on the break.
He has had a hard time this year and I can see Poch not following up as he lacks defensive discipline and energy, but Poch may well feel he can improve him.
Room for both imo.

Barkley has a hard time every season since he came in

He has talent but lacks consistency and would be playing in allis position rather than Eriskens

He should be in the England side for me a she can do the unpredictable and spectacular but at club level you need that consistency which is why we shouldn't go near him unless he Is a bargain ... which he won't be

I am guessing the attraction for Barkley is that he is viewed as a creative player. Well he cant touch Erikson's boots when it comes to creating. I would rather pursue another creative player.

I am guessing the attraction for Barkley is that he is viewed as a creative player. Well he cant touch Erikson's boots when it comes to creating. I would rather pursue another creative player.

If Barkley is creative, then GHod help the future of English football. He's a classic 100mph, no vision or intelligence player.

Anyone know much about Franck Kessie of Atalanta who's recently been linked?
Apparently a Paul Mitchell recommendation and the recent gossip is of us preparing (whatever that means) a bid large enough to dissuade Juventus from following up their interest.

Barkley has a hard time every season since he came in

He has talent but lacks consistency and would be playing in allis position rather than Eriskens

He should be in the England side for me a she can do the unpredictable and spectacular but at club level you need that consistency which is why we shouldn't go near him unless he Is a bargain ... which he won't be

A position/role where also Eriksen, Lamela and Kane (at least) can play. I'd have any of them (and Son wide for example) in the team ahead of Barkley. Would expensive, for a role/position where we have plenty of competition and young players emerging ourselves. I really don't see why we would blow a huge amount of money on Barkley.

If Barkley is creative, then GHod help the future of English football. He's a classic 100mph, no vision or intelligence player.
As is often the case with your judgements on players, I wonder how much of them you have actually watched.....

I don't see Barkley as being a classic 100mph, no vision player at all. That isn't to say that I think we should sign him, I just disagree with your view on him. My thoughts are that Barkley actually has a very good technique and also has excellent vision. His problem is that he plays completely for himself instead of for the team. I think that is why one moment he can play a superb pass and at other times he will ignore it and run into a blind alley. I think your comment about a lack of 'intelligence' is probably a valid one and that is probably what will stop him from being a top class player.

I wouldn't take Barkley on a free.

EDIT: In a world where football isn't all about money and Daniel Levy wouldn't just sell him immediately for a cool £35m.

As is often the case with your judgements on players, I wonder how much of them you have actually watched.....

I don't see Barkley as being a classic 100mph, no vision player at all. That isn't to say that I think we should sign him, I just disagree with your view on him. My thoughts are that Barkley actually has a very good technique and also has excellent vision. His problem is that he plays completely for himself instead of for the team. I think that is why one moment he can play a superb pass and at other times he will ignore it and run into a blind alley. I think your comment about a lack of 'intelligence' is probably a valid one and that is probably what will stop him from being a top class player.

I agree with this 100%

imagine Barkley in a team with Sturbridge

No one else would see the ball

Back