• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Turgid Mk II?

Or more likely because none of them are in the really top drawer of players in those positions. Alli is probably our most consistent but he isnt creative that way - he's more instinctive, finds space well and has good movement. The rest of them: Son, Eriksen, Lamela, Sissoko and Nkoudou and all somewhat underwhelming - lots of bodies and different styles but none really top class

All of our near rivals have members of their forward line in there. It would be interesting to see the same stat for last season, to compare if anyone we have is in there, but I don't have the time or knowledge of where to look for it!

All of our near rivals have members of their forward line in there. It would be interesting to see the same stat for last season, to compare if anyone we have is in there, but I don't have the time or knowledge of where to look for it!

We've had 7 or so players sharing out the game time in the front 4, especially due to Kane and Lamela's injuries.

I'm really disappointed / concerned that Poch's philosophy is noticeably shifting towards obsessively passing it out short from the back, to dominate possession. Our biggest strength under Poch has been our pressing, but the higher our possession is the less chances we'll have to press! Indeed, we end up inviting the press against us by passing it around our defenders and goalkeeper.

I want to see us go back to quick direct passing, where we know that if we lose it we'll just press and win it high up the pitch anyway.

Playing it out from the back has always been a pillar of Poch's system, as it helps pull the defense forward. In my opinion, the bigger issue is that for the last two months (which has coincided with our worst form), we have been without our best long passer from deep (Alderweireld), our most effective presser (Lamela), and our most effective tempo setter in midfield (Dier, either covering for Toby or usurped by Wanyama). Last season, we created so many chances with Toby's long passing from central defense, Dier's underrated deep playmaking, and Lamela's relentless pressure. Plus, Dier's comfort splitting that back four allows better angles for TBA and Jan's passing and gives our fullbacks the chance to bomb on. No doubt, Victor's a decent player, but I think we're a far less dangerous team with him in the side than with Dier.

Our front four has been fine-ish, but as they are probably the least talented of the 5 chasing teams, the rest of the unit needs to do more and work better than our competition to get Harry, Christian, and co. in the most advantageous positions to be successful.

My concern with our squad now is that, if you rate the passers in our squad in order, it goes something like this:

Winks
Lamela
Verts
Alder
Eriksen

We've now got 4 main CMs, of whom Dier is the best passer.

Dier-Dembele-Wanyama-Sissoko is to me a little too similar to Sandro-Dembele-Capoue-Paulinho (the famous turgid quartet)

I really think we'll miss the option of the quick, aggressive, transitioning passes of Mason and Bentaleb. Unless Winks is going to play a much bigger role than anyone foresees.

Thoughts?

They have gone please for the love of GHod let it go, if not for the rest of us, for your own sanity!!!!!!!

Back