• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

It happens for and against us each week. I get over it whichever way it goes. I despise it but nothing we can do about it. No point losing sleep.
True there is nothing we can do about it but the powers in charge could almost eradicate it if they choose to. 6 match ban on video evidence for every dive would almost stop it over night. I can only imagine that they like the narrative and ensuing analysis that these incidents generate.

True there is nothing we can do about it but the powers in charge could almost eradicate it if they choose to. 6 match ban on video evidence for every dive would almost stop it over night. I can only imagine that they like the narrative and ensuing analysis that these incidents generate.

6 match ban?? Get real. Never going to happen and neither should it. Ban for what winning his team a penalty? Fine by me.

6 match ban?? Get real. Never going to happen and neither should it. Ban for what winning his team a penalty? Fine by me.
I am real mate, thanks very much for caring. Obviously I don't think think it is ever going to happen but the point is valid. They could stop it if they wanted to by just doling out some harsh bans. They don't want to.

How do you prove a player dived and that the contact didn't cause him to fall??

Video evidence should be used for things that are 100% clear otherwise it's guesswork

And on the subject of top players not doing both I can point to Luis Suarez who used to go down lie he was shot, would bite a player due the same game and then score a wonder goal

Video evidence should be used for things that are 100% clear otherwise it's guesswork

And on the subject of top players not doing both I can point to Luis Suarez who used to go down lie he was shot, would bite a player due the same game and then score a wonder goal

Yeah, I'm not sure if retrospective bans for diving would be a good thing as there are some dives that genuinely divide fans and pundits alike. I'd be all for red cards for diving though, but only for a clear dive where everyone can see it's a dive.

Look, i love Dele as he is a kid with muchos talent and the world at his feet, and appears a great kid off the pitch.......and he plays for us

BUT he is in quite a unique group in Cu.ntishness. The reason i say this is he does it on both sides of the ball.

Lets face it he is a bit of a diver, looking to con the ref, bordering on cheating to gain something substantial.

And sadly he does the other side as well, sly digs, little kick outs (generally when someone has dare get the better of him), unnecessary altercations (eg throw-ins)...general petulance.

As i say i love him (as long as this doesnt start costing us in some way)......but i would hate him if he played for anyone else.

Pretty much my thoughts.

I don't want him to lose that edge. However, he needs to stop making it so obvious when he dives and also needs to stop getting caught up in/instigating incidents like he did against Fiorentina for example when he kicked one of their players, completely out of nothing and no need for it because we don't want him picking up another 3 game ban like he did towards the end of last season.

Yeah, I'm not sure if retrospective bans for diving would be a good thing as there are some dives that genuinely divide fans and pundits alike. I'd be all for red cards for diving though, but only for a clear dive where everyone can see it's a dive.

Agree 100%

Cards for diving in the game are the right thing

Pogba last week got one and it's hat caused mourinho to go ape but it was 100% right

That what I mean , there are not a lot, (that do both diving, and snidey, sneeky petulant things (there are quite a few divers though)) Suarez is one , Costa another. They are massive c.unts. Alli is a c.unt.

Just like most things in life , I accept him gracefully out of sheer self-interest.

Last edited:
One thing I would say is if a ref starts to stop giving us fair pens because of this then by doing so the would be cheating too

£50M to PSG or Madrid? Guardian rumour mill.

As per most of our players I think we will value him more than others will actually pay so I don't think there is any risk in the short term.

I foolishly think Alli and Kane will be the first players we manage to keep hold of due to the new Stadium and increased revenue that brings....

as long as we make CL every other year - I know its "fashionable" to say that players are greedy but they really do care about winning and the like. As long as we are competitive I see a few years of keeping our stars. Next year I can see a monster bid for Harry (if he scores 20+ again) and we will see where we actually stand.

as long as we make CL every other year - I know its "fashionable" to say that players are greedy but they really do care about winning and the like. As long as we are competitive I see a few years of keeping our stars. Next year I can see a monster bid for Harry (if he scores 20+ again) and we will see where we actually stand.

£100mill up and 7 new players.

Hope not

£50M to PSG or Madrid? Guardian rumour mill.

As per most of our players I think we will value him more than others will actually pay so I don't think there is any risk in the short term.

I suppose in this climate £50m is the going rate. Personally, I believe his overall play needs a lot of work (understandable given his age) before the likes of Real Madrid will be interested despite his eye for goal.

The core team value cannot be sniffed at. This is the first time I can remember having a fully balanced team with all players working fit each other.

Of course players of this calibre will be linked to the richer clubs. I just hope the excitement of playing at the new stadium and poch can keep the team together.

Back