• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Great albums of the 2000s?

Recent, but Mapping the Rendezvous by the Courteeners is excellent... saw them last week in Southampton with the missus and they were great... didn't feel too old either!

Is this it - The Strokes

Youth and Young Manhood - Kings of Leon

Behind the Music - The Soundtrack of Our Lives

Rockin' the Suburbs - Ben Folds

Last edited:
Johnny Cash's American III, IV and V are good albums. Cover songs all of them though, don't know if that counts.

Ryan Adams - Gold

Elliott Smith - Figure 8

Kings of Leon - Only by the night

The Strokes - Is This It
The White Stripes - Elephant
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes - love these guys - sort of Neill Young had sex with the Beach boys
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand - Ithought the were going to bigger than they turned out but this is a goodun.
Norah Jones - Come Away with Me - not my genre really but there is no denying it's popularity. I would btw.
LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
Radio Head - In Rainbows - IMO their best album.
Daft Punk - Discovery
Gorillaz - Demon Days - Very impressed with the ideas Damon Albarn has. Really inventive bloke.
TV on the Radio - Dear Science - A bit art house but Golden Age is a keeper.
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - When the Sun Goes Down is a modern classic.
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Radiohead - Kid A - Radiohead with some jazz brick. Why not?
Ryan Adams - Gold - For New York, New York alone. A classic.

I could have throw a few more leftfield albums in here but they would have been personal choices really. Also the more astute of you may notice no hiphop in this list, which I am not a massive of fan of but I like in moderation, when pieced together with real singing.

Also I'm going to sneak in Z by My Morning Jacket. Just listening to it now and I forgot how good it was.

Bat for lashes -Two suns
The XX -XX
Animal collective- Merryweather Post Pavilion

Last edited:
Back