• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Paxton yesterday

Paxtonloudmouth

Michael Brown
It was really embarrassing to be a fan yesterday. Have had a season ticket for twenty years now and this is the best team we have had by far.

However being underfeated and three points off the top is not enough for some people. Lost count of the amount of our own players who were called clams or brick. The real low was when a lad shouted dog eater at Son for five minutes when he first came on,thinking he was the height of witty comedy.

I love beating West Ham and I love nicking it in the last minute,but this really spoiled it and left a sour taste.

If you were sitting anywhere near block 55 you'd have heard me shouting my bollox off at our fans. They did what they've always done when we are losing-slag off the players they hate most for anything! Eriksen is that someone this season and so is Son, both of whom ended up assisting our win. I truly dislike Spurs fans and am Embarassed that some have re entry decided to support my club

I think its the average age, caused by the lack of (affordable) seating. Too many cynical 50-somethings who were damaged by 1994-2004, and not enough 15-30 YOs with a bit more raw passion.

Our cup games always have much better atmospheres, even in the Paxton.

We just need to hope the new stadium brings a healthy influx of fresh blood.

I think its the average age, caused by the lack of (affordable) seating. Too many cynical 50-somethings who were damaged by 1994-2004, and not enough 15-30 YOs with a bit more raw passion.

You may be right

I know some right moaning fudgers who go who never see any positives

That's rich, coming from someone who regularly slags off certain of our players on here. As an older fan I'm fed up with the number of times I have to counter your hatchet jobs on players not your pet list.

That's rich, coming from someone who regularly slags off certain of our players on here. As an older fan I'm fed up with the number of times I have to counter your hatchet jobs on players not your pet list.

Theres a big difference between moaning in the pub (or a virtual pub, like here) vs abusing players in the stadium.

I don't have pet players. Just 3 (currently) who I don't rate - Sissoko, Eriksen and Carroll.

I've been going since the mid 50's and although I don't join in on the infantile singing of certain song and fail to see the point in abusing opposition players I think I support the team wholeheartedly in the Paxton. Many around me moan continually and I would say that the ages range from older teens to old farts like me, rarely see or hear young fans upset with the team but they do get disappointed with defeats. It's all part of the modern "I'm entitled" world we live in and the sports medias obsession with winners are great, losers are brick mentality.

Last edited:
I think part of it might stem from the kind of slow, dour, eye of a needle football we play this season too - we have had exciting and dynamic football football since Redknapp took over, now we are focusing on a more clinical style it becomes frustrating and boring to watch.

That's not excusing some fans though, who are dingdongs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I've had the pleasure of sitting in tehwest stand plenty of times due to corporate tickets and the moaning in there is incessant and generally from a much much older crowd too

The year we beat spam 4 nil there was two guys in front slating Bent even when he scored

You beat me too it, i have lost count the number of times i have had words with some gobby youngster giving it the bitching and name calling to our players. Most of the time its those in the 20 to mid 30's who are doing the slagging off BRAIN DEAD macaronS.

I've had the pleasure of sitting in tehwest stand plenty of times due to corporate tickets and the moaning in there is incessant and generally from a much much older crowd too

The year we beat spam 4 nil there was two guys in front slating Bent even when he scored

There are many things I miss not going to WHL, that type moaning is not one of them. Now the only idiot in my front room whinging is me, Ive learned over the years to ignore him!

It's the opposite for me, too many younger people who gave joined recently and just do not understand how much better we are now compared to that decade. Anything other than a win not good enough and met with sneering ridiculous insults at our players. Imo of course

I think part of it might stem from the kind of slow, dour, eye of a needle football we play this season too - we have had exciting and dynamic football football since Redknapp took over, now we are focusing on a more clinical style it becomes frustrating and boring to watch.

That's not excusing some fans though, who are ding dongs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Are you actually suggesting that our football last season was boring?

It's the opposite for me, too many younger people who gave joined recently and just do not understand how much better we are now compared to that decade. Anything other than a win not good enough and met with sneering ridiculous insults at our players. Imo of course

Said more or less the same thing earlier, todays world where" i want it and i want it now" syndrome and if i do not get it i will shout and bitch.

Back