• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Scum OMT ***

On that note, my word, Sonny burnt that goon in the 6th minute and Hazza will not have a better ball this season to tap in. Just game rust there. It was on a plate.

That was well defended though by Montreal who is an ok defender but masssivley overrated

Nah. He's just the saltiest person on the planet when things don't go his way - for illustration, look how relaxed and magnanimous he was in all the walkovers leading up to this game, and compare it to his sour, pinched face in the post-match presser today. He's been like this for years - ineffectually salty when the tide turns.

To be honest, it's more amusing than anything. At least when Mou or Sir Alex lost, there'd usually be some sort of anger, some building of the siege mentality (via the gaffer having a right go at the ref, the opposition, whatever) that served a purpose. That's the sort of reaction I'd like Poch to develop as well. But Wenger just gets ineffectually petulant and develops temporary nearsightedness, poor man. :p

It was fantastic, right?

Jansenn wasn't offside once according to who scored. He did give away a few fouls though

He was offside for that shot he belted at Cech, but the ball instantly cannoned away for Arsenal to break back at us so the ref waved play on. There were a couple of others from dead ball situations where he started off too early but the ball never made it to him. In a way you'd say no problem, but if the cross was right for him then it would've been a wasted opportunity.

on page 8, i said i had a bet on a draws but thought we could nick this so I made some money but disappointed we didnt win this, erikson's free kick found the woodwork, very encouraging performance, vertongen was immense at the back, 3-5-1 was an interesting tactical maneuver from poch and wimmer looks to be a square peg in a round hole but we held out with a minimum of fuss and we remain the only unbeaten team in the league, i'm concerned about what we do in the final 3rd but our defence remains a step above , we have a lot to look forward to this season.

On that note, my word, Sonny burnt that goon in the 6th minute and Hazza will not have a better ball this season to tap in. Just game rust there. It was on a plate.

I think if you look at it again, you will see the goon got the slightest of touches which just took it away from him.

Would have been happy with the draw before the match. But we really should have won this match. This was definately 2 points dropped than 1 gained. We played really well and had enough chances to score 2 or 3 goals. But just like the previous matches, we were not clinical enough in front of goal. Arsenal were very poor and didn't look like scoring apart from 1 or 2 chances. In contrast, we dominated the majority of the match and should have made use of the chances created. Instead, we failed to do that and are now winless in 7 matches.

Glad to see Kane returning from injury and scoring the penalty to force the draw. But he didn't look fully fit and wasted 2 other good chances to score. He should have scored the header from Eriksen cross in the first half and should have done better when he had virtually an open goal from a Rose cross in the second half. Similiarly, Janssen too wasted 2 good chances to score, one from the rebound after Eriksen hit the post and another when he failed to connect properly when he was in a good position. Son too should have shot at goal when he was virtually alone with the goalie early in the match instead of crossing to Kane who was not ready. But for me, the most annoying chance wasted was when Son didn't attempt to win the ball after Cech slipped coming for the ball late in the match. I think Son could have won the ball had he tackled Cech as Cech was hesitating for a while.

Credit to our midfield for outplaying Arsenal. Wanyama and Dembele worked very hard and made Arsenal look very poor. Too bad we couldn't make our dominance count more. Arsenal had no answer to Dembele's dribbling. It was fitting that Dembele won us the penalty after going past 5 or 6 Arsenal players. Wish Dembele can help our attack like this on a more consistent basis. Eriksen had a good game and was unlucky to hit the post from the freekick but he also should have scored from his shot early in the second half. Too bad we had Alli and Lamela out with injury. They could have made the difference late in the match.

Surprised to see us starting 3 central defenders but thought our defence did really well despite Wimmer scoring the own goal. Too bad for Wimmer as he was starting his first league match for us after so long. But credit to him for not letting the own goal affect him after that. Dier also had a good game apart from a mistake in the second half which almost let Arsenal score. Credit also to Lloris, Vertonghen, Rose and Walker for helping us to stop the Arsenal attacks. We were fortunate on a few occasions but other than that Arsenal didn't look like scoring.

Too bad we couldn't get our first win in 7 matches. But we are now unbeaten in 11 matches since the start of the season, which is our longest unbeaten start since 1961 when we went on to win the league. Let's hope we can go on to win the league like that again.

on page 8, i said i had a bet on a draws but thought we could nick this so I made some money but disappointed we didnt win this, erikson's free kick found the woodwork, very encouraging performance, vertongen was immense at the back, 3-5-1 was an interesting tactical maneuver from poch and wimmer looks to be a square peg in a round hole but we held out with a minimum of fuss and we remain the only unbeaten team in the league, i'm concerned about what we do in the final 3rd but our defence remains a step above , we have a lot to look forward to this season.
VERY impressive result if we played 3-5-1 the entire game! I don't want Poch to play that formation regularly!

Nah. He's just the saltiest person on the planet when things don't go his way - for illustration, look how relaxed and magnanimous he was in all the walkovers leading up to this game, and compare it to his sour, pinched face in the post-match presser today. He's been like this for years - ineffectually salty when the tide turns.

To be honest, it's more amusing than anything. At least when Mou or Sir Alex lost, there'd usually be some sort of anger, some building of the siege mentality (via the gaffer having a right go at the ref, the opposition, whatever) that served a purpose. That's the sort of reaction I'd like Poch to develop as well. But Wenger just gets ineffectually petulant and develops temporary nearsightedness, poor man. :p

Its the same petulance that was shown by the team he produced in the latter part of the last decade. Spoilt brats like Fabregas/van Persie/Nasri who couldn't accept if they'd lost. Its clear where that attitude was coming from...
Personally I don't get why he'd come out and make ludicrous statements like that. Its a clear foul why not just call it like it is and maybe focus on something else which had even a shred of truth about it? I see he's been calling out Wanyama and reckoning he could've had a straight red for "elbowing" Walcott...WTF - the BT commentary team said it wasn't even a foul. Loved Verthongen going in and having a word with Walcott about that. We need a bit more of that this season. Too much of the nasty streak has disappeared since the Battle at the Bridge.

Its the same petulance that was shown by the team he produced in the latter part of the last decade. Spoilt brats like Fabregas/van Persie/Nasri who couldn't accept if they'd lost. Its clear where that attitude was coming from...
Personally I don't get why he'd come out and make ludicrous statements like that. Its a clear foul why not just call it like it is and maybe focus on something else which had even a shred of truth about it? I see he's been calling out Wanyama and reckoning he could've had a straight red for "elbowing" Walcott...WTF - the BT commentary team said it wasn't even a foul. Loved Verthongen going in and having a word with Walcott about that. We need a bit more of that this season. Too much of the nasty streak has disappeared since the Battle at the Bridge.

Uh oh...now you've gone and done it....:eek:

I have to say i was very pleasantly surprised with this result.
Well done players and well done Poch.

The gritty mentality he has instilled on the whole in the team is fantastic. Hoping we can follow this up with a good win vs the Hammers.

COYS

It was a good team performance and i did like the way we started with three at the back ( i have always been a fan of this system) the problem is that you have to have intelligent players to do this and when we have tried it before ( especially under Hoddle) our players were not up to it.

With the likes of Toby, Jan and Dier it is a system i hope we see more of, we have to great full backs who will thrive on this way of playing but it will take time to get it working well, Walker struggled with getting back and the Arse did break on that side more often then not, it was not all walkers fault as Dier failed to move across enough but given time on the training pitch it should get better.

Good to see Eriksen get back to some form and Dembélé run the game through our M/F ( lets hope he now stays fit and we do not have to keep leaving him out and disrupting the team as often). Son started brightly and caused the Arse defence all sorts of problems with his direct running, Jan was excellent ( again) and Rose was his usual bullish self.

Kane got his goal and was very close with a header( which he should have done better with but he will get better with more games). Overall it was a game we could have won but after the recent results a draw was good enough. MOM Dembélé.

It was a good team performance and i did like the way we started with three at the back ( i have always been a fan of this system) the problem is that you have to have intelligent players to do this and when we have tried it before ( especially under Hoddle) our players were not up to it.

For most of last season Dier was dropping between the centre-halves when we were in possession so I would suggest we were already playing this system with the ball. Not a massive leap to play that way without the ball - a centre-half was encouraged to come forwards with the ball to start play anyway.

For most of last season Dier was dropping between the centre-halves when we were in possession so I would suggest we were already playing this system with the ball. Not a massive leap to play that way without the ball - a centre-half was encouraged to come forwards with the ball to start play anyway.

I know that :)but to play it on a full time basis is a little different and will take some work on the training pitch to become perfect.

Back