• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vincent Janssen

I like him, we look a better side when he plays (whilst Kane's out), no idea why he gets the stick he does.

Really? Not even one reason?

I really like Janssen but his lack of goals is very worrying. We haven't created a great deal for him but you also need to create chances for yourself and score from nothing sometimes or be in the right place at the right time like Alli is.

I will give him time but he needs a goal, quickly.

his lack of shots on goal is worrying. not his fault that he doesn't get empugh supply though.
And why is that? His positioning is not the best, he keeps going out wide.

I like Janssen and i think its only a matter of time until he scores a few.

Considering how much time you lot gave Soldado, the worst striker we have ever signed imo, I'm stunned that you would lambast this guy so soon. Has he ever played a whole 90 minutes?

There were plenty of people who wrote Soldado off after a similar amount of time and just like with Janssen now they made sure they repeated it after every game

Maybe, but you could say that about any player, so far he has been as useful as a chocolate teapot while Harry has been out, which I would have thought is why he was bought in.
I have nothing against the lad, he works his socks off. He is far too slow for this league and whoever scouted him should be asked some very serious questions.

Maybe, but you could say that about any player, so far he has been as useful as a chocolate teapot while Harry has been out, which I would have thought is why he was bought in.
I have nothing against the lad, he works his socks off. He is far too slow for this league and whoever scouted him should be asked some very serious questions.

Too slow? Have you seen Harry Kane? The likes of Carvalho were out pacing him.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

There were plenty of people who wrote Soldado off after a similar amount of time and just like with Janssen now they made sure they repeated it after every game

Forget all this writing this or that play off. Janssen is a hard working forward, sadly he is simply not a good enough in many attributes for a top premiership side. Which I believe we are purporting to be.

Too slow? Have you seen Harry Kane? The likes of Carvalho were out pacing him.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Yes he Harry is not the fastest but he has good control of the ball when running and or collecting it in tight situations in and out side the area and is a reasonable header of the ball.
Harry has proved me and many doubters wrong and we Spurs got 'lucky' with Harry coming from the ranks.
But we will certainly see with Vincent as I doubt he will be going anywhere this season.

Agree with you regarding his positioning, I want to see him more in between the sticks rather than out wide. I remember in our first game away to Everton, when he were denied point blank by Steklenberg (?) and I thought , we've got ourselves a poacher , a sniffer type , a striker who will feed off the scraps and the errors of our opponent's defending. But it's just not happened for him so far.

Hope you're right and it's only a matter of time, I think he can do it too.

Really? Not even one reason?

I really like Janssen but his lack of goals is very worrying. We haven't created a great deal for him but you also need to create chances for yourself and score from nothing sometimes or be in the right place at the right time like Alli is.

I will give him time but he needs a goal, quickly.

:) Well yea, "no idea" probably wasn't the right wording, but hopefully the point of the message got through!? He's playing well for the most part and the team looks better when he's in it. Think people just look for a scape goat most of the time.

Wow you are easily pleased @Gazza Dazzla

This "spacegoat" thing is anything but there were many attacking players below par yesterday, what you are saying is if you criticise a player is spacegoating?

Wow you are easily pleased @Gazza Dazzla

This "escaped goat" thing is anything but there were many attacking players below par yesterday, what you are saying is if you criticise a player is escaped goating?

I'm just realistic @StephenH he was bought for relative peanuts, as a back up striker for Kane, he's 22, in a different country, in a new team, in a new league and he's actually playing well!

17 million quid isn't exactly peanuts.
"Relative peanuts". Sissoko cost over £30m I'd say that makes Jansen a steal from what we've seen so far?! Prices were massively inflated this summer due to tv money and the money clubs having to spend big. £17m this season is completely different to £17m in previous seasons.

"Relative peanuts". Sissoko cost over £30m I'd say that makes Jansen a steal from what we've seen so far?! Prices were massively inflated this summer due to tv money and the money clubs having to spend big. £17m this season is completely different to £17m in previous seasons.

they both are only "a steal" :confused: £47m - when they do their job they were bought to do e.g Wanyama!

Back