• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT **Tottenham v AFC Bournemouth

Who was our MotM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The system we played was interesting with Dembele in mind.
Pretty much all the time he has played as one of the two in a 4-2-3-1, with Dier. I think it didn't suit him or us where he was in the 4 ahead of Wanyama. Also his understanding with Wanyama isn't so good and was often facing the wrong way which hindered our progressive play. It was not until the second half until he moved back and we had more control of the game. Bournemouth tiring also helped. Of course, it is good he got 90mins under his belt, but I would like to see him not in AM, as he is not as effective there.
This.

If Dembele is going to play, I think it has to be in a 4-2-3-1. It may pan out to be a choice between Dier-Dembele and Wanyama + another AM, depending on opposition.

We certainly didn't get the best out of him today.

My thoughts exactly!!!

Fans are way too quick to judge ourselves against others
Exactly. We can't have it all our way every day.
And nor can the other teams.

We still look hard to beat. A wonderful keeper, best CH pairing in the league, two fantastic virtually home grown full backs. And 2 of the strongest physical specimens as CM.

Performance wise we do need to be more consistent (especially in an attacking sense) very rarely do we look fluid (in a barca,Emirates Marketing Project, prime arsenal way) but we are getting there and accumulating points along the way.
Not everyone individually and collectively Can be at 100% every week, just as the opposition won't roll over and die every week.
Some of you would disagree with the above (judging by some posts). All I would say is your expectations are unrealistic.

i'm content with that point, bournemouth are on a decent run, they had their feet up midweek while we were in deutschland. Another clean sheet, Dier looks so versatile covering for Toby, When Son came off, we had no attacking threat with the woefully ineffective Janssen but we're still the only unbeaten in the PL and we're almost into November. Lets be top of the league after Xmas.

i'm content with that point, bournemouth are on a decent run, they had their feet up midweek while we were in deutschland. Another clean sheet, Dier looks so versatile covering for Toby, When Son came off, we had no attacking threat with the woefully ineffective Janssen but we're still the only unbeaten in the PL and we're almost into November. Lets be top of the league after Xmas.

I thought son was ineffective

He isn't a 9for me

He is a forward and will score goals as we have seen but he looks much more effective with Jansenn

Lamela doesn't look convincing when he runs with the ball or shoots and his form is not yet as impressive as last season. Janssen is strong and holds up well, but doesn't look like scoring. Eriksen doesn't look as much of a goal threat as 2 seasons ago. So effectively once Son and Alli went off so did our goal threat so I was surprised that Poch took both off tbh.

Lamela doesn't look convincing when he runs with the ball or shoots and his form is not yet as impressive as last season. Janssen is strong and holds up well, but doesn't look like scoring. Eriksen doesn't look as much of a goal threat as 2 seasons ago. So effectively once Son and Alli went off so did our goal threat so I was surprised that Poch took both off tbh.

I agree

Strange subs

Be careful ;)

Too many people here reacting to their disappointment. Get over it! OK we played well below our best without two of our best players and a ring rusty Moussa against a team who have shown good form at home. One point off the top ffs, think back 10 years and tell me you'd have thought that?? Liverpool have had a good season so far and yet find themselves second, Emirates Marketing Project have Pep and we gave them a hiding. Arseanal are there because a ref decided they deserved a win and awarded them the softest penalty against Southampton. Christ, liverpool only managed a draw against us because Firmino is a diving cheating clam! Here we are one point away from these teams with our best striker set to return and the best defence we have had since the 80s. Cheer up you miserable fudgers :)

Exactly this. Poch completely messed this one up. His team selection was poor. He started too many that played against Bayer. Jansen was needed in the first half to hold the play up. Son would have been better coming on in the second half. He would have been even better when teamed with VJ rather than an either/or.

Lamela was poor and could have been red-carded. Eriksen was ineffective yet again. But Poch deemed to leave them both on and withdraw the only two players that have scored for us since Kane has been missing. I didn't get that at all. Did he really want to win the game? With a team ending the match with Lamela, Eriksen, Sissoko, VJ being our finishing front four it didn't seem likely to me. In fact, we conceded ground and in the last 10 minutes it was Bournemouth that came on the stronger.

A really bad day at the office today - and Poch was due a lot of the criticism imo.

we scored plenty but was there a repeatable system of play? or was it up to individual players to make it up?
very few crosses and direct shots outside the box - and to match that no one in the box off the last defender. what was evident is that we did not want to rush towards goal but allowed the opposition to reorganize while we took too many touches on the wings.

son and janssen are well capable of running the channels or going for the rebound... suprised we aren't trying this after at all today.

The same people were criticising him for not having a plan b last season are now criticising him for finding ways of keeping us unbeaten whilst Kane is out this season.

Today we played with a false 9. That is why there was no one in the box off the last defender until Janssen came on.

We played away from home against a decent side. If you think that every week should be a walk in the park then you will always end up being disappointed.

Too many people here reacting to their disappointment. Get over it! OK we played well below our best without two of our best players and a ring rusty Moussa against a team who have shown good form at home. One point off the top ffs, think back 10 years and tell me you'd have thought that?? Liverpool have had a good season so far and yet find themselves second, Emirates Marketing Project have Pep and we gave them a hiding. Arseanal are there because a ref decided they deserved a win and awarded them the softest penalty against Southampton. Christ, liverpool only managed a draw against us because Firmino is a diving cheating clam! Here we are one point away from these teams with our best striker set to return and the best defence we have had since the 80s. Cheer up you miserable fudgeers :)
Mate judging from Poch's post match comments he is as disappointed as many of the fans on here. I would love for us to be title contenders again this season and while the sky is not falling in, it is frustrating not to be winning these kinds of matches.

I didn't see it, just listened on the radio.

Plus side -- clean sheet, still unbeaten, not a bad point away from home. Solid.

Negative -- still can't take the chance to go top! Not scoring enough goals.

We do still have Harry to come back though!

I didn't see it, just listened on the radio.

Plus side -- clean sheet, still unbeaten, not a bad point away from home. Solid.

Negative -- still can't take the chance to go top! Not scoring enough goals.

We do still have Harry to come back though!

Harry's return although very welcome, it would be dangerous to believe he will be able to solve our goal scoring drought for some considerable time while he gets back his match sharpness!

Harry' is not the cavalry!

Harry-Kane-tottenham-meme-0.jpg

Back