• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

The kids and I watched X-Men apocalypse tonight and it was OK. You know what to expect with these movies. CGI out the wazoo, loads of super heroes looking cool in their spandex and good triumphing over evil etc. I guess it ticked all the boxes. The kids liked it and it had some good moments (and even a bit of good acting courtesy of Fassbender and few others).

Earlier today Raiders of the lost Ark was on the TV and I sat down and watched a bit of that too. This film, despite it's rather ludicrous premise, is so much better than the X-men movie on every level. Despite the advances in film making technology you can't beat...you know...acting, reality and a plot over pure CGI. When will film makers realise that less is more, especially when it comes to the CGI stuff.

The kids and I watched X-Men apocalypse tonight and it was OK. You know what to expect with these movies. CGI out the wazoo, loads of super heroes looking cool in their spandex and good triumphing over evil etc. I guess it ticked all the boxes. The kids liked it and it had some good moments (and even a bit of good acting courtesy of Fassbender and few others).

Earlier today Raiders of the lost Ark was on the TV and I sat down and watched a bit of that too. This film, despite it's rather ludicrous premise, is so much better than the X-men movie on every level. Despite the advances in film making technology you can't beat...you know...acting, reality and a plot over pure CGI. When will film makers realise that less is more, especially when it comes to the CGI stuff.

I agree with the points about CGI, but many directors are of the "computer generation" and it's a medium that can make many films that may have been impossible to make available, but it does de-humanise films.

I watched Blood Father tonight, enjoyable, if slightly shallow in terms of links in the storyline and an unsatisfying ending. The action sequences were often enjoyable, and both Mel Gibson, and Erin Moriarty delivered good performances as their characters, especially the latter who managed to be both annoying, and endearing, brave, but weak, all at the same time. Overall I'd probably award the film 7 out of 10, short (88 minutes), but enjoyable.

Saw Bridget Jones' Baby last night. I'm just going to say I loved it. And that's it. Let's move on...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Saw Bridget Jones' Baby last night. I'm just going to say I loved it. And that's it. Let's move on...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
Get in the hole

82008028.jpg

Took my kids to see Trolls on Saturday. They loved it. So did I, thought it was pretty funny in places. Can see them repeating that one to death when it's available at home.

Just watched The Infiltrator. Found it a bit of a let down, really. At the same time as being quite slow, it moved at too quick a pace between key events.

Back